Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Muscle cramps / twitches days / many weeks after use

Shaal

Bluelighter
Hey everybody,

I currently have twitches in the muscle that is between the index and thumb, on both hands. When I put my hand in certain positions (especially when my index is straight), I get cramps (and more twitches). It is a little crippling for some activities. It's been nearly one week, and it started after I went to the pool (swam 1 km). I had taken 35 mg MXP the day before, but also 7,5 mg 4-HO-MET + 40 mg 5-MAPB six days before.

Has anyone else had these symptoms?

It's now the second time I get this. Last time, it took weeks to disappear, if not months. I can't yet find the culprit since I'm using multiple substances. The first time I got this however, I had been using only 4-HO-MET and 2C-D... So I'm suspecting the 4-HO-MET, followed by a prolonged physical effort. Six days, however, should be enough time for my muscles to recover from the tension experienced during the trip. Plus I experience the tension only in the neck and shoulders, never in my hands...

Thanks by advance for your replies.

*could* be the 4HOMET, although I have to say if anything my muscles feel more relaxed after a trip like that.

I do notice more extreme dehydration with 4HOMET than with other 4-substituted tryptamines. When not considering substance use, most muscle cramps are a result of dehydration.
Especially if you go swimming the day after, you should hydrate very consciously.

Isn't this one of the dangers of RC exploration? Very little, if any, research into the effects of long term use, and none into the various combos people seem to blithely chug on.

Stimulants and empathogens like 5-MAPB increase the body's need for magnesium (and other electrolytes). I believe psychedelics also do this, though to a lesser degree.
For me this mineral works very well for jaw tension and other motor problems I sometimes get while tripping (such as tremors and mild catalepsy). It also promotes vasodilation, improves sleep quality and has anxiolytic properties.

Aches and pains and muscle tension are symptomatic of magnesium deficiency, which is a very common problem. Most people - even in developing countries - aren't getting enough of this mineral. I would recommend investing in some magnesium citrate (not oxide). Take 400mg/day and 600mg on the days you use.

Last edited:
Thanks for the answer guys.

AA357: Yes! I've been taking magnesium (carbonate though) daily for approx. one week now, and it's getting better and better. Definitely going away faster than the last time. Thanks for the advices!