muscle atrophy and low muscle tone

MysterMe

Bluelighter
Can you build muscle with low muscle tone ? Anybody of you have that , how did you build your muscles are there any possibility to build them ?

You mean like skinny as fuck? Yea I’d fall into that category. I mean muscle tone takes work, of course if you don’t exercise you won’t have much muscle.

Anyone can get ripped if they work at it. In my case due to being so skinny my shoulder width to waist ratio is crazy. I’ll always be skinny in the waist from what I assume is malnutrition as a kid.

-GC

Trust me, I was usually the skinniest kid around(like 99.9% of the time). If I could grow muscle, than anybody else can.

Can you build muscle with low muscle tone ? Anybody of you have that , how did you build your muscles are there any possibility to build them ?
I think you are asking if it's possible to increase your muscle mass starting from being weak and small.
The answer is that generally yes, you can, it may just take some time before you notice results.
If you do not experience any noticeable change in strength and muscle mass after a few months then there may be some underlying problem that needs to be addressed.

Of course! You can always build muscle tone*
You just build them exactly the same as anyone else. Just remember that obviously - whether you're very underweight or have actual medical atrophy - you need to start really small. Even maybe JUST aerobics/calisthenics [light cardio] to get a basic level of fitness and get used to working with said muscles.

I've had to do this a few times. Once after a "life-threatening weight loss" (anorexia) which was VERY difficult because I was in hospital and they obviously very, very strictly limit your exercise, but I did tiny amounts (literally walking ten feet across the hospital ward and back at first and 3 sit-ups) and gradually built it as obviously if you're gaining weight like that [it's not like in movies etc where they force-feed you huge amounts of caloric food - that causes Refeeding Syndrome which is VERY dangerous (it's what killed Karen Carpenter) - they usually aim for you to gain 2lb a week, LESS to start with....initially they increased what I was having by 15 calories a day] and lying in bed all day, you'll end up with a low-healthy BMI (like 17-19) but with a VERY high body fat percentage and almost zero muscle.

Also, after alcohol. I ended up pretty ugly from alcohol tbh. Like my torso and face were always kinda puffy and swollen by my limbs were super-thin from muscle wastage, so had to exercise a lot after.

*99.999% of the time. Even people with serious muscle-wasting conditions like Myasthenia Gravis, Lupus, M.S. etc can build muscle

Anybody can gain muscle mass. The only differences are where they start from, what they start with and what might be making it more difficult for them.

We all start with our own foundations. We all fall into different body types. Although we are not trapped by these types in the way we cannot do anything to change our body, we will always be working with what we were given. And so if you gain fat easier, you will always be able to do this. If you gain both muscle and fat easier, likewise you will always be able to do this. If you struggle to gain muscle then again you will always start from this position.

That means you will lose it faster and have to work harder sometimes to gain muscle that perhaps the big dude in the gym doesn't have to fight as much for like you do. That's just life man, you can't beat yourself up over it!

The good news is YES you can put on size, muscle and strength. You can do all that. The only determining factor is how dedicated you are to making that happen and what you are willing to do to make it happen. If you wanted to become a bodybuilder - you could do it. Would you be able to put on the same size a Jay Cutler or Ronnie Coleman could? Debatable. Would you be able to have the chest and arms of an Arnie? Probably not. But that's because you are none of those dudes. Its not because your body is any different to them in the way it can increase in size, strength and mass. But if you really wanted to you could blow up to something that wasn't world's away to how they were in their prime. You wouldn't BE them but you could get your body to CHANGE like theirs did and reach a point where you are massively different to the day you started hitting the weights.

And that's the most important part to remember. You can do it. Its all about the journey. It sounds impossible if you started off with a skinny frame and you look around you and everyone naturally looks bigger than you, but it's not

You can always increase but if you have low testosterone you will probably always look like Stan Laurel. Sorry.

You absolutely can. Anyone can build muscle.

Depend what you call muscle - if you have low testosterone you can get slightly stronger but you will always look like Stan Laurel's sister. And to even look that good you will be in agony from muscle soreness 90% of your waking life.

Within about 2 months of taking testosterone I looked FAR better than I had after heavy training for 20 years. And that was with no training too - a tiny bit of testosterone (100mg a week or less) was all it took - I wasnt even cocking my leg to fart.

Last edited: