• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Multiple doctors in different states?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeez

Greenlighter
I have a range of medical problems that I can control well with my own cocktail of meds; however, my doctors don't necessarily agree due to "policy" reasons, ignoring my health as a main concern. I am no doctor but I do know better than they can what works for my body. Generally I run low or run out of relatively minor meds like xanax and tramadol. I don't take these things to get "high" I take them to function as normally as possible due to the pain I have. The amounts I take are well within the recommended guidelines by the manufacturers.

Anyway, I happen to be moving from the west coast of the US to the east coast. I have a doctor here who prescribes low amounts of the medicines I desire. If I see another doctor, in another state, and pay cash, can I get a duplicate prescription of the same thing from another pharmacy? Say I get my west coast doctor to prescribe Xanax and another east coast doctor to prescribe the same dose. Can I continue to get them both filled? Is there any kind of reporting between the two?

I know there are statewide checks for this sort of thing, but is there anything national in place? I will be flying back and fourth on a regular basis so I can continue to see both doctors on each side of the country, as if I was living there.

Status
Not open for further replies.