• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Multi vitamins before amphetamines

kx_

Bluelighter
I took one tablet of this supplement called Cal-Mag, which contains:

Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid and
from Magnesium Ascorbate and Calcium Ascorbate) 360 mg 400%
Thiamin (Vitamin B-1) (from Thiamin HCI) 10 mg 833%
Riboflavin (Vitamin B-2) 5 mg 385%
Niacin (Vitamin B-3) (as Niacinamide) 540 mg 250%
Vitamin B-6 (from Pyridoxine HCI) 5 mg 294%
Folate 1,333 mcg DFE
(800 mcg folic acid) 333%
Vitamin B-12 (as Cyanocobalamin) 20 mcg 833%
Biotin 300 mcg 1000%
Pantothenic Acid (Vit. B-5) (from Calcium Pantothenate) 20 mg 400%
Choline (from Choline Bitrarate) 20 mg 4%
Calcium
(from Calcium Carbonate, Calcium Citrate, Calcium Ascorbate) 1 g (1,000 mg) 77%
Magnesium
(from Magnesium Oxide, Magnesium Citrate, Magnesium Ascorbate) 500 mg 119%
Inositol 20 mg †
PABA (Para-Aminobenzoic Acid) 10 mg †

then AFTER like 1 hour I took amphetamine, few lines.... And I feel really weird in the head somehow.... Heart rate is normal,,.... its just that ine the head I have funny feeling.... Not feeling high from amphetamines really, and music doesn't interest me.....

Do multi vitamins and minerals before amphetamines influence the high somehow?

or this has to do with a fact that I took amphetamines 2 days ago? (tolerance)

I just took some diazepam to calm myself down...

Thanks.

Have you eaten much today?
It's pretty difficult for us to know why you feel 'weird', but in my experience, the more frequently you take amphetamine, the more likely you are to experience unpleasant side-effects, especially if you've not had adequate sleep, nutrition and hydration.

I slept normally yesterday, and ate today, some light breakfast with cereals.... and I had 1 hake fish for lunch .....

Also, I have a mild headache.... I am not sure if I casued vasoconstriction? However, my pupils are normal size..... not dilated.

Vitamine C will disturb your high. Even the magnesium can influence it.
If it is Magnesium citrate, then its the sour that will block your high.

Always, when i took Magnesium or multi vitamin, just before Aderall or Amphetamine, i dont feel anything. I thought it was my tolerance, but didnt realse it were these bloody vitamines an minerals

^ not on an empty stomach! Eat somrething light if you have to, but ibuprofen on an empty stomach is asking for an ulcer

yeah... I know that, I just ate a light iceberg salad, and took Ibuprofen 400mg.

but not take vitamins or minerals. Not even 1 hour before amphetamine. Take them in the morning.

What mechanism do you think causes this davea1980?

I've never heard anyone say this before. Do you have any links to other reports of multivitamins stopping amphetamine from being active? I've never heard of this before and would think that if it is true, it would be well known by medicine.

Doctors would need to advise people who are scripted dexamphetamine and the like...

Its not the Multivitamin, but its the acids in it.
like ascorbin acid (vitamin C ) and magnesium citrate (acid)

The paper which refers this to, was in Dutch, so can't post it here, ut even then,, i cant even find the paper anymore. I just remembered. I read a few papers and contacted the emailadress onder this paper ( a professor from a University hospital) he advised me about this and said not to take vitamine or anything with ACID in it.

what you said about the doctors who need to advise their patients.... Dexamphetamine will do its therapeutical thing. Its only the Euphoria, that will be milder/lower. So its not a problem when you take the medicine for ahdh of add, but to experience the euphoria, dont take vitamin C or anything else with citric,acid etc.

Last edited:
i know magnesium helps with the gurn, can't recall much else tho

Its not the Multivitamin, but its the acids in it.
like ascorbin acid (vitamin C ) and magnesium citrate (acid)

The paper which refers this to, was in Dutch, so can't post it here, ut even then,, i cant even find the paper anymore. I just remembered. I read a few papers and contacted the emailadress onder this paper ( a professor from a University hospital) he advised me about this and said not to take vitamine or anything with ACID in it.
I assume then it only affect bioavailability for orally ingested amphetamine?

Because it is often said that a more alkaline stomach increases absorption, so i can see why avoiding acidic things makes sense - and i assume this should also be true of acidic drinks like fruit juice or coca cola.

@keeping, yeah, i've heard the same thing about magnesium, and have occasionally taken a multivitamin with magnesium in it prior to taking d-amp for this reason, and never had a problem with it.

@OP is it the same speed you had a couple of days ago?

correct. So magnesium carbonate, should be ok.
but if it the acid or the vitamine C itself. I avoid Vitamine C and magnesium on the day i take my amphetamine.

This also means for Aderall. ( slow release and immidiate release )

@OP is it the same speed you had a couple of days ago?

Yes it is... and it is good quality, I know that....

So definitely I didn't feel anything because of the supplement I took beforehand.

I'd blame it on high amount of Biotin (1000% DV in your case) and I also feel there might be interaction with PABA. I used to use a lot of speed and would take vitamins and minerals daily, biotin definitely messes up with stims, dont take them together!

yeah, it was definitely something from that supplement...

on a side note, I wanna ask: is drinking a drink with essential electrolytes good or bad BEFORE and DURING taking methamphetamine?

Water or an electrolyte-infused drink is recommended with amphetamine use.
I have noticed that a chelated magnesium supplement can either smooth out or dull the edge of an amphetamine high, but not to the degree that it is this alarming.
Anything that is acidic supposedly eliminates amphetamine from one's blood more quickly.

^ not on an empty stomach! Eat somrething light if you have to, but ibuprofen on an empty stomach is asking for an ulcer

Fake news man, I've regularly taken and all my family as well Ibuprofen 200mg or 400mg on a empty stomach and never had a problem. Even sometimes mixed with 500mg or 1000mg Paracetamol and still no problems.

I know it's bad for your liver in high doses but I swear a lot of people on this website act as if Paracetamol/Ibuprofen are the devils work. In moderate doses they are completely fine.