• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

MsContin ER capsules - crushing / melting pellets?

Kallisti23

Bluelighter
I've got a couple of 60mg mscontin extended release capsules and would like to get the most bang for my buck orally from them. I had 30mg ER morphine tablets before that I tried both swallowed and chewed up, chewing definitely seemed to make them more 'instant release', as in they hit harder and faster. These capsules though have little plastic covered pellets inside them so I was wondering if anyone had any experience with using these orally and the best way to take them. The options I've thought of are either crushing the pellets up or dissolving them in hot / warm water. Has anyone tried this and knows the effectiveness of it? Could heat destroy the morphine in mscontinin in any way? I know everyone says plugging is the way to go, but I don't have the tools or the will to use that ROA. From previous experience I quite enjoyed 60mg oral morphine when chewed, although not especially euphoric I enjoyed the sedated morphine high and its unique buzz. I'm not looking for discussion on the relative merits of morphine orally compared to other opiates, just if there's any way of making ER msConton more rapidly absorbed.

Thank you for your help.

Last edited:
A Nice Mortar and Pestle Set would be a $6.95 well-spent for you if it's your intention to continue using these pills. They really are great to have and are a vast improvement over clandestine methods like the old Spoon and Bank Note trick.

Luckily I've already got a good mortar and pestle, I was just worried as the amount was so small a lot would get lost due to getting stuck to the stone. Which was why I was wondering if melting the pellets in some hot water might work? I suppose a good rinse down of the mortar and pestle should do the trick though. thanks for the advice. I won't be using these pills for long, they're just a little souvenir from a trip to Cambodia.

My preferred method for prepping pills for CWE before I got the mortar and pestle was a sturdy bowl, a plastic record sleeve, and a hammer. The mortar and pestle was a god send. Lost a couple of bowls during that period...

Yea, I spent some time in Cambodia. I mostly ended up doing Heroin once all was said and done, but I took these a couple of times at a point where events had made me suddenly paranoid to do anything illegal. I accepted though, that I couldn't really abuse them. In my experience and if these are the same Morphine pills that they sometimes sell OTC in pharmacies, doing your bestest will defeat the time-release by 75%. It's better than nothing, but I feel it precludes them from providing any sort of buzz, especially with Opioid tolerance already on board.

There are some alternatives that you could experiment with. There are a lot of mad scientists who could advise use of solvents and things like that, but I don't know anything about that, so can't advise it :/. Why not try breaking them apart as much as possible and then seeing what they do in some water over a period of hours, like overnight ideally. This works with certain other timed-release pills. For a lot of addicts, this usually isn't feasible, but if you've got a little time to wait, why not?

Even if nothing happens you can just drink the liquid with the solid bits still in it. I can't imagine you would lose anything in the process. I'm not personally aware of any significant degradation that will occur if you leave Morphine in a solution for several hours, but I'm no expert on chemistry or pharmacology or anything.

I would just crush the beads (making them instant release) and parachute them

I might try a combination of crushing and dissolving to see if that makes any difference. I haven't tried these capsules yet, they're still in the possession of the friend I posted them to. Over there though I was getting these orange very soft 30mg tablets that worked quite well when chewed. They looked very bootleg, no markings or anything, but did the job. When they offered me the 60's on my last day I got them to post back, if I'd known before buying them they'd be capsules with beads I would've probably just stuck with the 30mg tablets. These caps are branded msContins. Cambodia is a crazy place, the pharmacy I was going to anyway was offering me tons of stuff, always eager to upsell to something stronger. A far cry from the pharmacies in the West. I was too paranoid to score smack over there from the dodgy tuk tuk drivers so just stuck with weed and pharms.

Although not particularly euphoric I liked the sedated body buzz they provided, it seemed to me almost like a benzo-opiate. When I took them though I hadn't taken any opiates for a month or so travelling so I guess my tolerance would have been down a bit as well.