• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Mscontin advice

HezzaD

Bluelighter
Hi I am prescribed 60mg ms contin twice a day,
I asked the pharmacist I told him one broke in half and would this affect the time release he said no.
I want to know if I could dose say 60 in the morning, 30 in the afternoon instant release, then take 30 normally to last me 12hours till morning?
As Im used to dosing 120mg in one go I can go higher, I also use to take 40-70mg oxy in one go but stopped due to feeling too stimulated and the high only lasts like 3hours. I can get high off .15 of heroin, takes me about .3 .4 to nod out I usually plug heroin as I can't inject myself for shit and don't really want to go down that route, I have injected .3 in one go before and that got me SMASHED.

Just wanting to know if taking it in the morning and afternoon then extended in the evening would keep me out of withdrawal all day.

Also im used to plugging the morphine when I dose orally and don't crush it stops withdrawals but im in pain but due to me telling doctors i abused oxycodone they will not prescirbe me instant release medication anymore.

i think it would, i dont see it being so to speak 'dangerous' to try, so why not experiment on your own to find the best dosage setting for yourself.

Hi I am prescribed 60mg ms contin twice a day,
I asked the pharmacist I told him one broke in half and would this affect the time release he said no.
I want to know if I could dose say 60 in the morning, 30 in the afternoon instant release, then take 30 normally to last me 12hours till morning?
As Im used to dosing 120mg in one go I can go higher, I also use to take 40-70mg oxy in one go but stopped due to feeling too stimulated and the high only lasts like 3hours. I can get high off .15 of heroin, takes me about .3 .4 to nod out I usually plug heroin as I can't inject myself for shit and don't really want to go down that route, I have injected .3 in one go before and that got me SMASHED.

Just wanting to know if taking it in the morning and afternoon then extended in the evening would keep me out of withdrawal all day.

Also im used to plugging the morphine when I dose orally and don't crush it stops withdrawals but im in pain but due to me telling doctors i abused oxycodone they will not prescirbe me instant release medication anymore.

Edit: wait are you just asking if instead of taking 60mg ER X2 daily, instead you are going to take 60mg ER in the morning, 30mg instant release in afternoon, then 30mg ER at night?? Both equal 120mg a day.

If so, you probably won't have WD. Key word:
Probably won't.

But there is a chance you might. ONLY Because the 30mg IR will wear off fast, and once it wears off your body will go into WD, and a 30mg slow release tablet may or may not be enough to bring you out of WD, and keep it at bay for another 12 hours. Very hard to say. Technically you are taking 120mg daily, either way, so I don't think you should have much of a problem, but if you do experience any W/D, that's the reason why.

Last edited:
There shouldn't be any major difference in terms of the onset of withdrawal. Opioids will keep withdrawal at bay for long after they have stopped producing meaningful analgesia. For instance, Methadone will keep most users out of withdrawal for ~24 hours, but generally produces effective analgesia for ~8 hours. So my point is, the only thing that should change significantly is your level of analgesia at any given point in the day.

Breaking most controlled-release forumlations in half won't defeat their mechanism. In fact, it's challenging to completely defeat these mechanisms, so you shouldn't have anything to worry about.