• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids MS Contin, Fentanyl - little to no effect using different ROAs.

jjohear

Greenlighter
Before I begin: I am very well aware of the potentially life-threating risks of abusing opioids, especially as potent as fentanyl. I understand how careless, imprudent and reckless my behavior is despite my prior thorough and extensive research on the subject of each substance mentioned beforehand. I know that sometimes I am just straight dumb (and extremely stubborn - read along)

About four months ago I decided to try opioid substance for the first time ever (not counting kratom, which never ever gave me any effects besides itchiness). Among everything that belongs to this drug class in my medicine box my choice fell on tramadol, as it's on the weaker side, thus safer for getting to know what it is all about. I started with an initial dose of 150 mg, followed by 5 50 mg redosings every 30 minutes (400 mg in total). Overall, it was pretty alright experience - somewhat weird initial stimulation, very mild euphoria (compared to, say, MDMA, shrooms or amphetamine - closer to what I'm usually getting from high dose of modafinil or ER methylphenidate), and weak nodding off at the very end. A few weeks later, I tried it again with the exact same dosage, except this time I started with 250 mg right away - pretty much the same result, except a bit more of that unusual stimulation at the beginning and shorter overall duration. In general, it was more or less consistent with most experience reports that I stumbled upon, so I wasn't really interested in trying it again.

So, two months later I've decided to give morphine a shot (just an idiom, not in the sense of injection). After a few hours of research, I divided 60 mg MS Contin in quarters, diluted one in 0.5 ml of warm (45C/113F) tap water and administered it rectally. Waited 30 minutes, felt virtually nothing, plugged 15 mg more, same results. After 60 more minutes I've done the same with the remaining 30 mg. Overall, the whole experience was underwhelming, to say the least. Disappointed, I've tried just going to sleep, but couldn't because of strange CEVs, like when you're trying to sleep at the 12-14 hour mark of LSD. A few weeks after this I tried parachuting the whole 60 mg and this time all I got was really good, long sleep.

Approx. three weeks ago I finally decided to try fentanyl (yes, I know that that was really stupid, especially taking my (virtually) non-existent opioid tolerance into account). I had a box of 12 mcg/hr matrix type patches (Sandoz, 2.1 mg per patch according to packaging). After almost a week of research I chose sublabial ROA. I precisely cut 1/32 strip, dried part of my gum and the inner side of my lip and placed that strip there for 30 minutes, then vigorously chewed it and left for 15 minutes more, then spat it out. After 30 minutes I was feeling nothing at all, so I doubled the amount and repeated, except this time I decided to administer it buccally. Waited for 1.5 hours this time to be completely sure, repeated multiple times until I went through almost half of a patch. Still absolutely nothing (I was constantly checking my heart rate and blood pressure, which remained the same the whole time, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't any kind of delusion of sobriety). Noticeably irritated, I said "well, fuck it" and decided to smoke/vaporize the rest of the patch off a tinfoil, being as careful as possible not to burn substance inside. Once again I started really low, but finally felt something when I smoked ≈1/3 of the patch. My heart rate suddenly dropped from 90 to 60, I started to nod heavily and to feel really hot, despite the open window and chilly night outside. However, I was still underwhelmed by the complete absence of cognitive euphoria. The above mentioned effects lasted for like 5 to 10 minutes. I concluded to never try this substance again and called it a night. I couldn't sleep for the next few hours due to crazy itchiness though and I/M shot of diphenhydramine didn't help it at all.

At last, a few hours ago I was lurking on BL and found some info that for rectal ROA MS Contin should be peeled and dissolved in almost boiling hot water, so I've decided to give it the last chance. This time I plugged all 60 mg at once and... nothing, not even the slightest nod. I almost plugged another 60 mg out of despair, but ultimately decided that it's time to stop with this whole chasing the opium dragon thing, before I accidentally kill myself without even feeling good.

My question is: why don't I feel the effect of opiates? Most of the reports I've read were written by a lot less opioid naïve users than me, and quite often desired effects were achieved with quite a bit smaller quantities. Am I doing something wrong here (except consuming all kinds of crap)? Is it some type of extreme natural tolerance? Is it a matrix glitch? I pretty much got over this obsessive idea to get that opioid high, this is purely out of curiosity as of now.
Also, on a slightly related note: I have few ampoules of racemic ketamine (50 mg/ml, 2 ml each) and considering I/M one, I know that in general it is a dangerous combination because of respiratory depression and vomit aspiration risk, but is it a too bad of idea to do it somewhen in the next few hours, considering my complete lack of perceptible effect of 60 mg MS Contin, which I plugged approx. 3.5 hours ago?

Last edited:
When I did a 30 mg MS Contin I felt nothing at all, I probably should have taken the time release coating off and should have sniffed it. MS Contin orally you certainly won't feel much of anything

Before I begin: I am very well aware of the potentially life-threating risks of abusing opioids, especially as potent as fentanyl. I understand how careless, imprudent and reckless my behavior is despite my prior thorough and extensive research on the subject of each substance mentioned beforehand. I know that sometimes I am just straight dumb (and extremely stubborn - read along)

About four months ago I decided to try opioid substance for the first time ever (not counting kratom, which never ever gave me any effects besides itchiness). Among everything that belongs to this drug class in my medicine box my choice fell on tramadol, as it's on the weaker side, thus safer for getting to know what it is all about. I started with an initial dose of 150 mg, followed by 5 50 mg redosings every 30 minutes (400 mg in total). Overall, it was pretty alright experience - somewhat weird initial stimulation, very mild euphoria (compared to, say, MDMA, shrooms or amphetamine - closer to what I'm usually getting from high dose of modafinil or ER methylphenidate), and weak nodding off at the very end. A few weeks later, I tried it again with the exact same dosage, except this time I started with 250 mg right away - pretty much the same result, except a bit more of that unusual stimulation at the beginning and shorter overall duration. In general, it was more or less consistent with most experience reports that I stumbled upon, so I wasn't really interested in trying it again.

So, two months later I've decided to give morphine a shot (just an idiom, not in the sense of injection). After a few hours of research, I divided 60 mg MS Contin in quarters, diluted one in 0.5 ml of warm (45C/113F) tap water and administered it rectally. Waited 30 minutes, felt virtually nothing, plugged 15 mg more, same results. After 60 more minutes I've done the same with the remaining 30 mg. Overall, the whole experience was underwhelming, to say the least. Disappointed, I've tried just going to sleep, but couldn't because of strange CEVs, like when you're trying to sleep at the 12-14 hour mark of LSD. A few weeks after this I tried parachuting the whole 60 mg and this time all I got was really good, long sleep.

Approx. three weeks ago I finally decided to try fentanyl (yes, I know that that was really stupid, especially taking my (virtually) non-existent opioid tolerance into account). I had a box of 12 mcg/hr matrix type patches (Sandoz, 2.1 mg per patch according to packaging). After almost a week of research I chose sublabial ROA. I precisely cut 1/32 strip, dried part of my gum and the inner side of my lip and placed that strip there for 30 minutes, then vigorously chewed it and left for 15 minutes more, then spat it out. After 30 minutes I was feeling nothing at all, so I doubled the amount and repeated, except this time I decided to administer it buccally. Waited for 1.5 hours this time to be completely sure, repeated multiple times until I went through almost half of a patch. Still absolutely nothing (I was constantly checking my heart rate and blood pressure, which remained the same the whole time, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't any kind of delusion of sobriety). Noticeably irritated, I said "well, fuck it" and decided to smoke/vaporize the rest of the patch off a tinfoil, being as careful as possible not to burn substance inside. Once again I started really low, but finally felt something when I smoked ≈1/3 of the patch. My heart rate suddenly dropped from 90 to 60, I started to nod heavily and to feel really hot, despite the open window and chilly night outside. However, I was still underwhelmed by the complete absence of cognitive euphoria. The above mentioned effects lasted for like 5 to 10 minutes. I concluded to never try this substance again and called it a night. I couldn't sleep for the next few hours due to crazy itchiness though and I/M shot of diphenhydramine didn't help it at all.

At last, a few hours ago I was lurking on BL and found some info that for rectal ROA MS Contin should be peeled and dissolved in almost boiling hot water, so I've decided to give it the last chance. This time I plugged all 60 mg at once and... nothing, not even the slightest nod. I almost plugged another 60 mg out of despair, but ultimately decided that it's time to stop with this whole chasing the opium dragon thing, before I accidentally kill myself without even feeling good.

My question is: why don't I feel the effect of opiates? Most of the reports I've read were written by a lot less opioid naïve users than me, and quite often desired effects were achieved with quite a bit smaller quantities. Am I doing something wrong here (except consuming all kinds of crap)? Is it some type of extreme natural tolerance? Is it a matrix glitch? I pretty much got over this obsessive idea to get that opioid high, this is purely out of curiosity as of now.
Also, on a slightly related note: I have few ampoules of racemic ketamine (50 mg/ml, 2 ml each) and considering I/M one, I know that in general it is a dangerous combination because of respiratory depression and vomit aspiration risk, but is it a too bad of idea to do it somewhen in the next few hours, considering my complete lack of perceptible effect of 60 mg MS Contin, which I plugged approx. 3.5 hours ago?
So I would highly reccomend against using fentanyl as a new user; I personally have no experience with the patches, but I can tell you that you likely too far too little fentanyl to feel it, but increasing your dosage without a tolerance is really dangerous.
My first, and biggest piece of advice to you will be to stop trying all of these alternate ROAs. Get some morphine, or oxycodone, or codeine, or hydrocodone... you know, a standard perscription opiate, use your body weight and total lack of tolerance to calculate a safe dosage, and just take your dosage orally.

My first experience, as a 160 pound 14 year old, was with 20mg of oxycodone, taken orally, and it was pure bliss. This means you should likely start with a dosage equivalent to 20mg oxycodone; there are various online calculators which state that 10mg OC= 20mg morphine, but I find it's more like 10mg OC= 30MG morphine.
Take around 30mh of morphine, or an equivalent on an empty stomach, and if you don't feel anything within 90 minutes, I would take another 15-30mg.
Opioids are amazing orally, as they have incredible durations.

I will warn you though, opioids aren't "recreational" drugs like MDMA, LSD, Marijuana, or even Cocaine or Meth.
Opioids are drugs that feel so nice, with so few drawbacks and so little intoxication at first, that many people fall into the trap of "I could do this all the time, and I could function just fine", which is true, as opioids generally don't impair users at appropriate dosages, and they are almost totally non-toxic, but opioids are so alluring that despite their mild and pleasant effects, they ruin lives.

I would highly(heh) recommend against trying out opioids if you have a history of addiction in your family, or if you find yourself compulsively using at times, or if you find you enjoy ecaping from your problems.

I'm 29 and despite being clean for most of my adult life, and the vast majority of 6 years consecutively, my last relapse absolutely destroyed me; it robbed me of my health, my friends, my relationships with family and my girlfriend, and about $180,000 over 2 years, and I still couldn't stop, despite wanting to so badly, because the physical withdrawals were so bad.

I'm on 170mg methadone now, which is a hero dose, and despite recenty achieving a year clean, I still relapsed and have been using once a week for around 3 weeks now, and I'm scheduling myself for intensive outpatient treatment to attempt to interrupt this process before it gets out of control and I risk losing my home and my job as well. Just keep all of this in mind, and if you have an addictive personality at all, I would dump all of the opioids in your cabinet.