Technical Problem Mozilla browser "flicker/hops" when visiting BL all of a sudden. Anyone else?

Lil'LinaptkSix

Moderator: H&R, TL
Staff member
Just started within the last couple days. I noticed it and figured it to be update related but it only happens here and only in firefox. Other browsers do not flicker/jump. Hard to describe and can make a video but just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this before I start geeking out on my PC. :geek:
Thanks

edit:
roger that
commencing objective destruction

Last edited:
but it only happens here and only in firefox.

screen jumps are typically related to something not being right when the page is loading. CFC noted this with some banner images (top right research studies, maybe an off pixel image in the header) and I wanna say it was mostly with one browser or another. I'll see what notes he left if I can.

In the meantime, anyone with similar experiences, please list them here and describe your device, browser OS, and zodiac sign. Thaks.

sagittarius :p

This has stopped as it had started, @TheLoveBandit : No omens to precede the beginning or end of it. I think it lasted two days but did not notice it had stopped as it just reverted back to "normal".

Thanks for the feedback and I kinda understand what was written, but... what's a CFC and where can I acquire a new one for my PC? =D

Best

I was on aka site the other day and all browsers did the flicker-hop. It does not do it here anymore (haven't done anything) and the other site was the only place it has happened.
As posted above; maybe it is just a code incompatibility or error. ha Not gonna act like I know what the hell was going on... was a little high and it was freaking me out. :D

my browser keeps switching too. it's on its way out. lool. i just can't store anything on my little tab. so i put up with it. not a regular desk top at all.
have a real computer at work. but you know windows. continuous uous maintenance updates and new tech.
oh and then there is spell check. i could have swore i disabled it a couple of times and it still works. o_O

When I'm not buzzing I'll take a peek and see if I can figure out what's doing this. Mainly wanted to post in this thread to point out there are really only two browsers now. Firefox and Chrome. Nearly every browser that isn't firefox is just re-skinned Google Chrome. Years ago we were developing web standards to avoid the problems that came along when Internet Explorer was the most widely used browser. Microsoft basically added a bunch of non-standard shit to their browser engine and gave no fucks about keeping it up to date. This meant webdevs had to write a ton of work around code to make sure things worked well in IE, Firefox, Opera, and some of the other browsers that were popular then.

Right now we're back to the same situation except instead of Microsoft it's Google. Google's browser is now considered a "living standard" because they bought off the W3C. Google is also the primary funder of Mozilla now which they mainly keep around so they don't get sued for having a monopoly. This means Firefox is constantly having to play catch up with whatever Google puts in Chrome this week and can lead to some of the problems you're describing when pages load.

When I say everything is just re-skinned Chrome I mean it: Brave browser, Opera, and all the others you've probably seen advertised are just Google's browser with a re-skin and maybe some add-ons installed by default. Google has taken over the web with their level of control and no one seems eager to do anything about it. Firefox just keeps getting worse too. Instead of fixing problems in the software they're too busy pandering to social causes on twitter.

Oh my another novel in a dead thread. Sorry. I'll come back in a few days when I'm not high and see if I can sniff out what's causing this rendering issue assuming no one has found it yet. I guess I mainly posted this to rant about browsers. The state of modern browsers is horrible. :(