• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Moving from opanas and roxys to subutex

WhichWayIsUp

Greenlighter
Hey there so I've been on roxys for a few years now I was prescribed them for chronic pain. Of course I started using them more recreationally and started snorting a lot daily. I was snorting between 240- 300mg a few times a day. I moved to opanas because they were stronger and got to the point where a 40 mg pull up the nose wasn't doing it for me. I talked to my doc and told him I no longer wanted to be on opiate medication so he said we're going to get off it with subutex. So I have two questions. First I had a lot of test run on me because of this chronic pain and the doctors told me that my liver and kidneys function at a higher rate than most people. Would this be the reason I was needing so much because it is filtered out quicker? Just wanted to know if those were related. My second question is taking subutex for an extended amount of time will that lower my tolerance to roxys

Sorry for the essay

I wouldnt think that would affect your tolerance, but then again, I could be wrong about that, and yes, taking the sub for a period of time, should lower.your tolerance to oxycodone, however switching back and forth is a viscous cycle, and I personally wouldn't suggest it..

- Hs