• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Moving from a speedy lifestyle to slower-paced, more thoughtful one?

yargindoesthings

Greenlighter
I have currently been using speed for a couple of months now and am beginning to notice the changes in lifestyle and thought process it has on me, which I like in some ways, and hate in some ways. I like the way speed makes me think, and how the ability to be creative is an easy process, but I always feel stupid when tweaking. I enjoying thinking about things and being calm, chill, and "in-touch" with myself, which I believe is brought on more by the use of psychedelics and more downers. What are some thoughts and tips on getting off a speedy lifestyle, and having a handle on your addiction while being in touch with yourself? Speed just makes me want want want, and I don't know how easy maintaining a recreational usage of speed while flipping over to the trippier side would work out. How to start a more thoughtful lifestyle? :?

Just stop using. Exercise. You're headed towards the inevitable crash, but don't worry it will all be mental. What goes up must come down.

Mixing speed with psychedelics is probably a bad idea, big risk of psychosis, maybe seizures & all that type of not very fun stuff too. You can just stop using.

if you have to do downers to relax you have a drug problem (or multiple problems)

I don't know. There are some people who need them I think. Meditation and deep breathing works, but it's not always enough.