Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Movies to watch with the sound off

we bought the Cirque du Soleil dvds to show at parties. we just pop them in the big screen and put it on mute and play music. people will defintly inquire about them and they will generate alot of interest.

Underworld has an awesome DVD of their old live show, Everything Everything. There is a feature that lets you watch the visual art that is projected onto their stage screen during the performance. Great with any music, Underworld or otherwise. CNN put out a video with all of the year 2000 millenium eve celebrations from around the world...quite entertaing with the sound off. Titan AE also rocks, as someone mentioned.

-The Wizard of Oz (mute).. with Dark Side on... painfully overused I know, but worth mentioning.
-I tried watching the second half of The Shining on mute. I did this with efforts to make it less scary. But the opposite happened, it was deffinetly scarier than with sound. My imagination went wild!
I'm not too sure if I'd enjoy Fantasia without the sound. The music is the entire purpose of the movie.

I'd have to say, blood:the last vampire, los vampiros lesbos, tron, or anything by Russ Myer
[ 31 October 2002: Message edited by: Medi57 ]

Underworld has an awesome DVD of their old live show, Everything Everything.
i saw this thread and that was my first thought! it's brilliant, also has a tomato art section with loadsa interactive bits. it's beautiful filmaking.
fritz lang's metropolis goes well with anything because it's such a visual feast, despite being b&w. along the same lines is eraserhead....
:D

anime flics usually go very well as visuals
alice n wonderland clips are trippy as hells to watch as wells
the cell was anothers
the ring....

^ how about ..

- the wizard of oz
- yellow submarine
- hr puffnstuf
- malakapalakadoo, skip two (google video)
- the cabinet of dr caligari
- jem and the holograms (old cartoon)
- nosferatu
- charlie chaplin in anything
- the maxx (not a movie; a cartoon but the style is trippy.)
- boohbah (a tripped out kids show)
- dark city (iif you want a creepy vibe..)
- invader zim episodes

strngemily said:
2001: A Space Oddessey
mmmmm how I looove that movie!

oooh good choice.

and i'll also second the 'any charlie chaplin movie' too.

do you have a particular vibe that you want your visuals to help create for your party? cos if you do i'd probably change my suggestions depending on it.

Fantastic Planet is pretty bizzare..and, I've found that it syncs up with the RDJ album very well.

Spirited Away is one that I used to watch all the time with the sound off.

A Clockwork Orange is good.

I'll definitely second Waking Life...one of my favorites...and depending on your music choice, you can mix it in with the music pretty well as there's really no percussion. Then you have odd samples overlayed over whatever music you're playing...which may or may not lead to interesting conversation pieces. 0_o

Pink Floyd's The Wall...definitely cool.

Pretty much anything that you don't really have to pay attention to to enjoy. Lots of colors and odd scenes...nothing too recognizable, preferably...or you'll have some dude asking why we aren't watching it as opposed to listening to music X_X