Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Movies about your home-town

My hometown, Naperville, IL is about 5 minutes away from Aurora, IL. You guys better all know what movie was set there! :)

Originally posted by Morrison's Lament
"101 Reykjavik" is a pretty amusing movie, captures certain elements of the place rather well. And yeah... that's about it ;)

i really enjoyed that.

i guess trainspotting is the most well known movie about my home town.

alasdair

best film of 2005 imo
little fish

i've seen a trailer for an upcoming movie which really strike me close to home: footy legends

sydney city can be seen in many blockbusters, but many times not as actually sydney: matrix trilogy, MI2, finding nemo, superman returns just to name some....

Last edited:
If anyone remembers that old movie "Cloak and Dagger", it was filmed here. So was the first "Miss Congeniality." Of course, both were filmed at the Riverwalk, which along with the Alamo and the Spurs is the only way people outside this town know about us. Oh well.

There have been others, but those are the ones I remember most...

xena said:
i live on long island, about 1/2 hour away from new york city. obviously, there are far too many movies about nyc to even begin to list.

the only film i can think of off the top of my head that was filmed on location in long island is L.I.E. it was done a few years ago and is about an older man, a pedophile, who preys on boys near the L.I.E. (long island expressway).

there is a movie being shot now in manhasset (town on long island) starring angelina jolie, among others. didn't catch the name of it though, and i don't know how much of it will be filmed on long island.

'city by the sea' is about and set in long beach, long island....
but was filmed a bit away from me in asbury park, nj
it could just as easily portay asbury, too

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0269095/

Let's see, IQ and Beautiful mind are Princeton, close enough. House, even though it's a TV show is Princeton, and that's all I can think of.

xena said:
i live on long island, about 1/2 hour away from new york city. obviously, there are far too many movies about nyc to even begin to list.

the only film i can think of off the top of my head that was filmed on location in long island is L.I.E. it was done a few years ago and is about an older man, a pedophile, who preys on boys near the L.I.E. (long island expressway).

there is a movie being shot now in manhasset (town on long island) starring angelina jolie, among others. didn't catch the name of it though, and i don't know how much of it will be filmed on long island.

eternal sunshine of the spotless mind had scenes set in/filmed in montauk which is the last village east on the south fork of long island (great place to bar hop)

pollack is a movie about jackson pollack filmed at his house in east hampton, right around the block from my parents' house

Anchorman! Doesn't say much about my city at all, but shows off some of it's beauty and it was a damn funny movie.

I think Traffic was in San Diego too? Or did I see that too long ago to remember correctly?

Errr Supersize Me had a spot on the middle school I went to: Madison Jr. High School in Naperville, IL. He manipluated what our school food system was actually like. :X

goatofthenever said:
To the best of my knowledge this is the only one: A Gay Time in Jacksonville Florida(1912)

Yes, but you will be getting the glory that is the new "Dallas" movie. ;)

Also, according to wiki at least, the vey first movie ever filmd in Technicolor in the US, The Gulf Between, was filmed in Jax.

For me, the list is very small and has nothing of merit lol

Donnie Brasco
Heartbreakers
part of Bad Boys II
Up Close and Personal (one scene)
Folks

Somewhat related, they also filmed a country music video here, Alan Jackson's It's 5 o clock Somewhere. Also, Celine Dion filmed A New Day here. Don't listen to either of that shit, so don't ask me any questions lol

ive seen documentaries about my home town(newark nj)
the most memorable being Pimps Up Hoes Down. or maybe it was Hooker on the Point
either way it was a wonderful HBO special about prostitues :)
and the best part was that one fo the hookers was my moms old freind from high school
it was sad in a way...hmmm