Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Movie News: The Riddler to be the villain in next Batman movie.

Tom Hardy has already been cast..so if it's a male villian...he'll be playing the part

whoops

i don't see what's so great about him......i mean, yes he's cool, but.....i don't know...i'm sure christopher nolan knows what he's doing...

He's handsome, he's British, and he can act confident and intelligent. He could make a good Riddler now that I think about it.

Dr Strange isn't a villain

Dr. Hugo Strange

In Gotham's Ultimate Criminal Mastermind, Prof. Strange creates D.A.V.E., an A.I. program made with the brain patterns of several Gotham villains, including himself. When D.A.V.E. proceeded to escape and Strange was discovered to have preprogrammed and allowed it, he was determined to be insane and was incarcerated in Arkham. He said at the end of that episode that Batman may think that he has defeated the Gotham's Ultimate Criminal Mastermind but he must think again, stating that he thinks himself as the Ultimate Criminal Mastermind.

In Strange New World, he made plans to turn all of Gotham, bar himself, into zombie-like creatures who obey his every command. He was barely stopped in time and moved to maximal security if not he had escaped Arkham Asylum.

In Rumors, Hugo Strange is abducted by the hateful Rumor who wants to get rid of crime by executing them all. The mad psychiatrist requested a dead man favor in asking Rumor why is he seeking to punish criminals. The sinister self vigilante replied that his boss, Paul Karen, is a good man but was wounded critically by the Joker. Batman had a chance to eliminate villains but was following his code of ethics so he couldn't do what was necessary. Strange easily mocked Mario(Rumor) in saying that the bodyguard was not vigilante of justicer but only an emotional man who tried to undo his failure of being unable to protect his boss from his accident at the hands of the Joker. By the end of the episode, only Professor Strange and Catwoman remained at large.

In "Lost Heroes," he helps the Joining into capturing the Justice League and uploading their powers into their robots. However, when the Joining give him his reward of all the knowledge in the universe, his cerebral cortex cannot handle it and he is reduced to a drooling, catatonic state.

Sounds like a villain to me.

oh no, I obviously got Dr Strange in the Marvel U mixed up with the Dr Strange from the DC U

I am slipping in my old age. please allow me to kill myself, for I have ruined a lifetime of reading comic books and I am no longer worthy

i don't know you, sir. never seen you before in my life. good day to you.

brodiebruce.jpg

latest report in darkhorizons is that this is the closing chapter of a trilogy, and that there would be more imax camera work than in tdk.

i bloody knew it! The Catwoman is back. and awesome news, Tom Hardy as BANE!

A press release from Warner Bros. Pictures has just confirmed the two key members of Batman's Rogues Gallery that will appear in the much-anticipated upcoming "The Dark Knight Rises" - Catwoman and Bane. Check it out below:

"Warner Bros. Pictures announced today that Anne Hathaway has been cast as Selina Kyle in Christopher Nolan’s “The Dark Knight Rises.” She will be starring alongside Christian Bale, who returns in the title role of Bruce Wayne/Batman. Christopher Nolan stated, “I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Anne Hathaway, who will be a fantastic addition to our ensemble as we complete our story.”

In addition, Tom Hardy has been set to play Bane. Nolan said, “I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman’s most formidable enemies.”

Nolan will direct the film from a screenplay he wrote with Jonathan Nolan, from a story by Christopher Nolan and David S. Goyer. Nolan will also produce the film with his longtime producing partner, Emma Thomas, and Charles Roven. “The Dark Knight Rises” is slated for release on July 20, 2012. The film will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company."

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/19122/-dark-knight-rises-villains-revealed

Anne Hathaway as Catwoman? gimme a break, here. sure, she might look good in a Cat-suit - but does she have the bite needed to play a good Selena Kyle? all signs point to hell no. Michelle Pfeiffer, the original Catwoman, set the bar high with a solid performance from a very solid actress (hell she even made Dangerous Minds, a film that misogynistically pigeon-holed her into a role with no depth)

Tom Hardy is great, but I am still weary on having Bane as the leading villain role (which he would no doubt assume, because Catwoman goes both ways). there is not much a director can do with Bane, because he is very one-dimensional. hopefully we do see him "break the Bat" ;)

I am optimistic still due to Nolan directing again. hopefully he doesn't disappoint

thanks for the PM, L2R

Michelle Pfeiffer, the original Catwoman...

Pfieffer isn't the original Catwoman.

set the bar high with a solid performance from a very solid actress (hell she even made Dangerous Minds, a film that misogynistically pigeon-holed her into a role with no depth)

"Dangerous Minds, a film that" did what?

Seriously, what the fuck are you talking about?

I think you are little confused, my easily-befuddled friend. Catwoman was portrayed by Michelle Pfeiffer in the 1992 film Batman Returns

in film, Pfeiffer was the first to portray Catwoman. so you must be talking about the 60s TV show Batman? first off, this is not technically a film, and second off - that goofy, brightly-colored TV show has so much not in common with the central and integral themes of the Batman mythos, that I can hardly even take it seriously as an installment

did I clear this up for you? as usual, I'm sure I am correct on this topic. but for the small chance that I am wrong - I ask you to please enlighten me as to which actress was the first to delineate Selina Kyle on the Big Screen (emphasis on Big Screen, my friend) ;)

"Dangerous Minds, a film that" did what?

Seriously, what the fuck are you talking about?

again, my frequently-flustered friend, I was proclaiming that Pfeiffer set the bar high as the first Catwoman in Tim Burton's 1992 Batman Returns. a bar so high, that I don't think the acting chops of Anne Hathaway (who needs to drop her trademark "smile-plastered-on-face" acting style for the role) can come near Pfeiffer's portrayal

and I was referring to Dangerous Minds, because my venerable Pfeiffer (and the believable cast of high school delinquents) made the movie a more than insufferable

I can see how you could be confused as to my rant on Dangerous Minds, but I hated to see producer Jerry Bruckheimer (who has numerous difficulties in lead female roles) misogynistically pigeon-hole Pfeiffer in the aforementioned role of the high school teacher. an example to what I am talking about is when Pfeiffer meaninglessly flirted with her male students to achieve her means (!!!)

do you follow so far?

I hold Pfeiffer in a higher regard than most female actresses, and she overcame these road-blocks to actually put up a solid performance in the film, Dangerous Minds. I was a fan of the source material growing up, My Posse Don't Do Homework

I think you have said yourself that you don't like comics or comic-to-movie movies; so I feel foolish for taking so much of my time to answer your comic book incompetence (not an insult, as I'm sure many agree with you on the uselessness of the funny books)

but myself and the many others in this thread take comics very seriously. these stories are grand, and a type of mythology for us to follow in the modern age

if you have any more questions I would be pleased to answer them ;)

now for those of us that are familiar with the topic-at-hand, here is a pretty good picture of Hathaway in the Catwoman guise

164550_1664933076955_1646115221_1432472_92489_n.jpg

and no, it's not officially from Nolan and Co, it was a photoshop; but I think the author is getting some of the right ideas

if only Miss Hathaway can limit her (gorgeous, I admit) ear-to-ear shit-eating grin to perhaps once or twice in this final Batman installment - perhaps she will be a good fit for the role

as always, in Nolan I trust!

Nobody forced Pfieffer to play the role in Dangerous Minds. So these statements don't make any sense (to me):

producer Jerry Bruckheimer (who has numerous difficulties in lead female roles) misogynistically pigeon-hole Pfeiffer in the aforementioned role of the high school teacher

Dangerous Minds, a film that misogynistically pigeon-holed her into a role with no depth

Surely when she read the script and got to the point where the character stooped to flirting in order to achieve her goals, she could've just said ''wow that's a really trashy character and I don't want to play her.'' She didn't. She made the exact same mistake that Bruckheimer made. So I guess I'm not sure how making a mistake fits as a side note for how much of a solid actress she is. Maybe, as you've established that I'm generally rather confused, I am again missing something.

I hold Pfeiffer in a higher regard than most female actresses, and she overcame these road-blocks to actually put up a solid performance in the film, Dangerous Minds.

She pulled of a mediocre performance in a terrible film. If she was a good actress, she would've had the sense to not rehash retemplated Hollywood shit when she first read the script.

I think you have said yourself that you don't like comics or comic-to-movie movies; so I feel foolish for taking so much of my time to answer your comic book incompetence

I like some comic/graphic novel adaptations including the first Burton Batman and the first Nolan Batman.

Anyway, as for my comic book incompetence:

But yeah, I guess you are Professor of Comics or something, cause you know everything about Batman and Catwoman. Congratulations.

I will return now to my haze of confusion. You are indeed correct. Pfieffer was the first Catwoman and she is a tremendously talented actress who was once mislead by a mysoginistic director.

Carry on.

Btw, doesn't 'pigeon holed' imply a continuance? Unless that's what you're saying, that Bruckheimer single-handedly typecast Pfieffer into roles with no depth for her remaining career - which is more of a ridiculous statement than my first interpretation.

Actors and actresses aren't victims of incompetent directors/producers, they are collaborative artists who have to make decisions about scripts.

Last edited: