Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Movie News: Alien prequel in the works.

It can't be any worse than Alien vs Predator. Fuck me those two movies were horrid. I don't see how a prequel could be relevent. It's not like the chest-busting aliens need an origin story. They're aliens in space. What more could be added?

yeah i read about this a few times already. this is supposedly the story of how the aliens infested that original planet in the first film, finally answering the mystery of those giant skeletons. this is before ripley.

BUT, to me the charm of the original four films were their strange mixing of directors and genres. each film brings a unique feel to it causing many to love certain ones or hate others. I, personally love the variety. they all bring something to the series unlike other franchises. bringing (r) scott back is only going to screw this up imo.

I only have love for Alien and Aliens. All the other sequels are garbage and can just disappear off the face of the earth for all I care. AMIRITE? ;)

I hated Alien 3 the first time I saw it. The second time I really liked it. Must be a David Fincher thing, because it was the same with Fight Club. I've learned to trust Fincher now.

^check out the director's cut, it is VERY different.

i have been meaning to report the updates for a while now, a week or two ago the title was announced "prometheus", but anyway here's the latest

Earlier this month when Ridley Scott's "Prometheus" was announced, what initially was to be a prequel to his 1979 sci-fi epic "Alien" had seemingly been changed to an original sci-fi project with only vague connections at best to that earlier film classic.

Scott said in his statement "While Alien was indeed the jumping off point for this project, out of the creative process evolved a new, grand mythology and universe in which this original story takes place. The keen fan will recognize strands of Alien’s DNA, so to speak, but the ideas tackled in this film are unique, large and provocative."

Thus those of us hoping to see his return to the "Alien" universe were left to console ourselves it seemed. Today however, Skymovies has scored a report that hints that the film isn't as disconnected as we might expect.

Their source claims the Space Jockey, the big corpse seen in "Alien" who was the pilot of the ship carrying the xenomorph eggs, has been built at Pinewood studios.

Their source also says “Despite that press release that seemed to indicate there were no aliens in the movie, the familiar HR Giger-style aliens do appear. Big ones apparently", and that “The main spaceship in the film will be piloted by an enormous head which I assume will be CGI. Yep, sounds weird but I assume some of the technology will be sort of biomechanical.”

Finally the report also indicates part of the film will be shot in Morocco - "I’ve heard that some sort of archaeological dig where they discover alien DNA takes place there and that DNA gives them the coordinates for an alien world. I’ve also heard Morocco is being used for alien planet landscapes so I’m not sure if it’s an archaeological dig on another planet."

That all sounds much like the "Alien" prequel that was seemingly in development right up until the "Prometheus" announcement. This means there's two likely scenarios - either this report is bogus, or the "Prometheus" announcement is something of a smoke screen for the "Alien" prequel Scott has been promising for some time.

Until some paparazzi gets a shot of the Giger alien creatures or the space jockey being used at Pinewood, there's no way to confirm the rumor. We'll have to wait and see how this pans out.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/19249/-prometheus-still-has-hr-giger-s-aliens-

I think they should do an Alien: Earth War off the comic. I don't know about the orig cast from Aliens, they should have a new cast. They pulled off Terminator: salvation, so I don't see why not.

Terminator: Salvation was terrible. Not quite as bad as Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, but still, pretty fucking terrible.

Sigourney Weaver is a class act. she narrates episodes of Planet Earth . I couldn't get enough of Aliens . Will have to take a look at OP's link now.

I have a relative that works in her family's building in NYC and he says she is fine mother and so forth.

i always though the aliens were a bio-engineered weapon. maybe im wrong, but i will go see this movie

Terminator: Salvation was terrible. Not quite as bad as Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, but still, pretty fucking terrible.

I've noticed a lot people say that. I didn't find Salvation terrible. Just very very underwhelming. I agree though that Rise of the Machines was... well I don't have a word for how fucked up I found that movie. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Let me only echo what's been already been implied: the Aliens Dark Horse series of books and comics have more originality and brilliance than the entire franchise outside of the first two movies combined.

Ridley Scott has re-written the Alien prequel.

It is now called Prometheus, and although it exists in the broader Alien universe, it is "unlikely to feature our beloved Xenomorphs," in other words - an Alien film with no Aliens.

Gotta say, I'm intrigued. In fact, I'm looking forward to this much more now that it is (presumably) an original premise by Scott rather than further rehashing of a once unique idea. Good to see that he had enough sense not to just make another sequel/prequel.

Prometheus: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1446714/

There is very little information available.

damn, I was actually excited about the original idea of an Alien prequel, most especially if R. Scott was going to do it

but now... I'm just confused

and the Dark Horse Aliens series (comics or books) were great, yes. those were the days...