• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Movantix: opioid constipation drug.

Answering everyone's questions ...-toothpastedog- ...
I used it as directed. I took my 80 mg. dose of Methadone early that morning, during the day I took 2 Norco, then about 7pm I took the Movantix as directed.
And -Slow_Mobius-... I do not take any herbs or supplements nor have I ever used or even tried illegal street drugs.
So, none of that in my system.
I guess I was just super unlucky !!!
*Thanx everyone for responding*

I also think it's mad you Americans have pharmaceutical advertisements on the telly! :)

I couldn't agree more! If I was a doctor, it would annoy be to no end having patients come in and tell me that they want this and that prescribed to them because they saw it on TV and it sounds like good idea. Seriously, like now we have a country full of "armchair physicians". And as a sidenote, I actually chuckle when the ads go into all the side effects this wonderful drug could give you. One ad I saw even mentioned "death" as a possible side effect. Does anyone really think patients will be lining up at their doctor's offices asking for "that" drug? UFB! Actually it's gotten so bad that an insurance company here in the states pokes fun at outrageous side effects using the singing group Boyz to Men. They belt out in perfect harmony all the things that could go bad with your new script! Very funny!!

I will say that if I'm really having trouble going and things are starting to get backed up (BTW, I take my pain meds every 6 hours and no more or I can really feel it), all I have to do is put off taking my next dose for another hour and at the most 90 minutes. At that point I'm going with no trouble at all. See drug reps, I can do precipitated withdrawals all by myself, thank you very much. And no "side effects", yeah! Sorry for the ramble, just my 2 cents.

I believe we're the only developed nation that permits such direct advertising of medication and medical treatment to consumers, outside a public health context I mean. And almost all advertising for pharmaceuticals I've come across in the states fall well outside any public health context.

For a number of reasons, it is very disturbing. We are all about mass consumption after all though.

^ i couldn't believe the amount of med adverts i saw in america, especially all those antidepressant ones, jesus christ.
recently we've started getting 'medifact' adverts here in the UK, one even advertising solpadeine (codeine+paracetamol)
hmmmm༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

Yes it is very disturbing living in a free country that is why they generally inevitably move away from freedom towards a more big centralized government model.
Freedom can be very disturbing because everyone has a different opinion (hopefully) and it can sometimes be shocking to see others opinions broadcast so openly. I find it refreshing.
Actually we were at one time when i was young all about freedom.

It's not naloxone with a different salt, it is naloxegol. Peripherally acting antagonist, there have been quite a few of these marketed or put in combination products to combat opioid constipation. I think the idea is you keep taking it concomitantly with your pain pills, not just as needed. I doubt it crosses the BBB, but they have found that peripheral opioid receptors exert a greater effect on analgesia(and WD) than one would think. For someone on high dose opioids suddenly taking naloxegol could result in some PWD, but it wouldn't be anything like taking narcan or bupe, and I doubt it would illicit much effect for those on lower doses or who haven't yet become dependant on their meds.

Now someone who has been dependent for a long time, or is on high doses of very potent meds, or more importantly former junkies; they are at risk for a rough afternoon the first time they take it....its not that the OP is totally wrong about what can happen just the why, peripheral antagonists can exert said effects without crossing the BBB and its nowhere near the level of a central acting antagonist.

Think of it as the reverse of loperamide, we know lope can effect WD even in lower doses which don't cross the BBB in any significant amount. It's obviously not for everyone or every situation, but meds like these have plenty of utility in a vast majority of pain patients.

Given that it is now uncontrolled I'm kind of interested in its utility as a precursor, looks like it wouldn't be too hard to turn it back into an agonist unlike say naltrexone.

Last edited:
it lists opioid withdrawal as a side effect in the commercial. people will take anything their doctor gives them....pharma rep bribes doctor, doctor gives this dumbass med to everyone.

most people on opioids dont even understand what they are.....my pain doc told me so many of his patients put fentanyl patches on their back where the pain is.

What you said is totally 100% accurate. Pharmaceutical reps definitely bribe doctors. I remember about 4 years ago going to see my doctor to get my oxy script and he was taking forever. He was in the next room talking to a pharmaceutical rep and I could hear almost every word they said. I heard the pharma rep tell my doctor that he will be highly compensated for prescribing some kind of "mist" shit for allergies. He also brought shrimp salsa with chips and tamales and he also said that he brought some very expensive wine. He also invited my doctor and his wife out to dinner and wine. Then I heard him invite my Dr. to a barbecue that coming weekend. Can't remember everything else they talked about but he did mention many times that if my doctor could prescribe their allergy mist to his patients instead of other allergy medications he will be highly compensated.

After hearing all this I felt sick to my stomach but I was also in withdrawal very bad and I really didn't give half-a-fuck about what dirty sleazy scam the two had together... Just hurry the fuck up and give me my precious little blue 30's lol. Also... Rite Aid BETTER NOT be out of them or "over" their "opioid limit" for the month or this shits about to get real in this bitch... muthaphuker
.. lol.

I'm on methadone now with 5 take homes a week and starting in February I'll have 6 a week. I'm so happy that I don't have to wait at pharmacies, doctors offices, and waiting on the dope man who always takes his sweet ass time because he's on some fucking power trip any longer. I feel so free.

May God protect all of you... enjoy your day bluelight fam bam!

Last edited:
Naloxegol

Naloxegol is a peripherally selective opioid antagonist?(Basically an antagonist version of loperamine/Imodium.)

I was wondering if any one here has tried it and if they tried it on methadone or methadone maintenance?

It comes in 12.5mg and 25mg tablets and states that there is a risk of withdrawal.

From what I read of the patient leaflet it said it was not trialed on people who were taking methadone maintenance but said there was apparently more risk of withdrawal in people who were taking methadone versus morphine, oxycodone etc, which I found strange.

I was wondering how people found it and did they continue using it?
Also what opioid were you using when you took the naloxegol?

Thanks!

It's difficult to find out much about it, at least nothing came up regarding it's use with Methadone besides this. I'll keep an eye out though. Def seems to be a bit of a wild card. Maybe look into methyl Naltrexone too?

MOVANTIK may cause serious side effects, including:

Opioid withdrawal. You may have symptoms of opioid withdrawal during treatment with MOVANTIK, including sweating, chills, diarrhea, stomach pain, anxiety, irritability, and yawning.

Patients taking methadone to treat their pain may be more likely to experience stomach pain and diarrhea. Tell your doctor if you have any of these symptoms

https://www.movantik.com/

^ It was only approved for use by F.D.A. in 2014+considering it potentially could cause slight withdrawal & its ridiculously expensive it's not surprising there is not much info about it. It's a sechdule II drug due to chemical sturcture being similar to noroxymorphone I read.

I'm shitting rocks the size of my fist & I got a hemrroid that has a hole in it my dr. is going to take a look at it. My dr. and I have tried everything problem is...

I can't afford Movantik or Reslitor as there not covered and my pharmacist said it would cost me 200-300$ month for laxative meds that's fucking CRIMINAL WTF! Of course it's not covered they know people like myself will literally suck a dick (I wish I was joking) to be able to not continue suffering in this hell hence they make commercials. I apply lidocaine ointment each time before I shit. It still hurts due to stretching my anus especially after words.

I've been crying all day I can't live like this anymore I'm seriously worried I might kill myself cause of this literal "shit".

Last edited: