• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Most Powerful or Potent Psychedelic

I'd say DOC/DOB/DOI. Read some of those trip reports. Jesus fucking christ. Its insanity.

Next up is 5-meo-dmt.

But I think the most powerful trip of all would be something combined with ketamine. Ketamine increases the potency of all drugs. I have a friend who did 2c-i and ketamine. I asked him how it was, and he said he didn't know, because he couldn't register things as good or bad in that state.

Disassociatives are extremely strong... look at all the people who said DXM for their most powerful trip. But are they really comparable to psychedelics like DMT and LSD. Furthermore, is DMT comparable to drugs like DOC? In many ways they aren't.

A final note, the drug that is the most powerful, is going to be the drug that you can do the highest dose of without killing yourself (a dose being relative... i'm speaking loosely here). A drug like DMT can be mild as well, but it is possible to do so much that it is really mind blowing. I'm sure there are many drugs which are far more powerful than we ever knew, simply because people have not ever taken a dose that large. In order for the comparison to be true and fair you'd need to compare the maximum doses of every single psychedelic, and that simply hasn't been done yet. Seriously, who wants to find out the human LD50 of all the psychedelics?? Any volunteers?

Last edited:
Heyoka said:
I also find salvia an unpleasant experience and mainly do it only often enough to remind myself why I do it so infrequently.
that made me laugh because i completely agree.

when i do salvia everything looks the same, but its like ive lost my ability to connect the pictures to anything stored in my brain. i cant even distinguish what a letter is, or that they are used to make words. or that a soda bottle is made from plasic and is used to store liquid.
NOTHING makes any sense AT ALL!

and the 30sec come-up usally makes me feel like im going up the hill on a rollercoaster i just decided i dont want to be on anymore. like a little kid who crys on the whole ride, but you have no-damn-choice.

but its worth trying once just to understand for yourself (20X or stronger)

Vanadium said:
ultimate PHE ?

=D

ultima10.jpg

What is with the N-(2-methoxybenzyl)?

Last edited:
Increases affinity, bonds to different residue to do so, no human trials as far as i'm aware (I'd LOVE to know what the results were if there was!).

Check out "Molecular interaction of serotonin 5-HT2A receptor residues Phe339(6.51) and Phe340(6.52) with super-potent N-benzyl phenethylamine agonists".
Molecular Pharmacology Fast Forward. Published on September 25, 2006
Michael R. Braden, Jason C. Parrish, John C. Naylor, David E. Nichols*

it is debateable whether N 2-meo benzyls are antagonists or agonists I have searched and read the literature up to about 1 month ago and have seen papers (and a PhD thesis) some which describe the same substances as agonists, some as antagonists,

and of course there is now growing evidence that there are several alternative secondary messengers involved 5ht2a agonists only some of which lead to psychedelic activity.

A while back one of the RC suppliers was selling N-(4-bromobenzyl)-5-methoxytryptamine as the in vitro results showed it to have high affinity for 5HT2A...unfortunately it turned out to be a rather potent 5HT2A antagonist rather than an agonist, so didn't stay on the market for long! Guess it would be useful for terminating bad trips and so forth, but not much good for getting you high...

Vanadium said:
ultimate PHE ?

=D

ultima10.jpg
what is this?

morninggloryseed said:
I'll go one better, and reproduce the structure. Forgive me for not being specific as to which isomer of this is represented. I can't remember which (cis or trans) is the more potent isomer. Also forgive me for causing confusion, as it is the dimethyl and not the diethyl that nichols studied.

az.jpg
and how potent is that substance? where can one read more about it?

vecktor said:
as for extremely potent AND powerful: some analogues of QNB (BZ) are fully active at less than 10 micrograms in 100kg adults and produce complete delerium and real hallucinations for 48 hours or more
sounds interesting. source?

Salvia is a very powerful drug. only if the duration was longer.. i trip harder from salvia than any other drug.

Ravr said:
I meant acid changes your perception of the world and your personality... and this seems to last forever, where as other drugs do not. For example, while on E, you might become more open as a person, but that seems to last only while you are rolling.
^^ for almost every psychedelic you will find someone who was changed forever by it
Ravr said:
^ Not as pronounced as acid
because you know some people who have been changed by acid more than by other psychedelics doesn't mean it's the case for all the people you don't know

read more in this very forum and you'll see many examples of people who value other psychedelics much more than lsd

personally, i find lsd almost boring. it hasn't brought me anything but very nice visuals
(and yes, i believe i've tried high enough doses)
(not meaning that a future lsd experience may not be more valuable than the ones so far)

different people, different effects

on the other hand, ayahuasca did change my vision of the world forever; no coming back

the fact that you chose MDMA to compare to lsd to may imply that you're not fully aware of all the other amazing psychedelics out there

MDMA can change a person, even for a long time, but it's not especially known for deep psychedelic insights. actually, many people barely consider it a psychedelic at all

vegan said:
MDMA can change a person, even for a long time, but it's not especially known for deep psychedelic insights. actually, many people barely consider it a psychedelic at all

MDMA is a full psychedelic for me. Not like LSD or 2C-B, but it is a mind-expanding material. I wouldn't trade my six or so experiences for anything in the world. No loss of magic for me either. I've always taken it with my girlfriend. Best setting there is.

Bumped to prevent deletion, this is part of a list of "Most ... Psychedelic" threads.

About the subject:
There is a difference between most potent psychedelic in terms of effect per amount of chemical or in terms of qualitatively impressive effects from experiencing it.
DMT is in my opinion one of the most qualitatively powerful ones, stronger than LSD while LSD is so much more potent by weight.
Compounds that are among the most potent by weight are LSD, TCB-2, some of the dragonfly series or 25C-NBOMe, or perhaps another bomamine. I don't know what the most potent one known to man is at this moment.

^ Really?...

VX is a potent nerve gas, heard it causes DEATH at 1mg so probably psychedelic effects at less than 100ug.

[/joke]

5-MEO-DMT has took me to nothing but the void. Salvia wasn't even that bad. 5meodmt had me thinking I was dying, I had died, I couldn't accept death, accepted death, came to and the reflected wtf just happened. It was like my soul was ripped in half, dragged through hell and then I was brought back to live another day.

Salvia is a very different type of experience than mushrooms, dmt, lsd, mescaline, etc. I kind of think it deserves a classification unto itself although a friend once swore that ketamine and nitrous brought her straight to the salvia space.

I also find salvia an unpleasant experience and mainly do it only often enough to remind myself why I do it so infrequently.

I don't know much about nitrous, but ketamine is a dissociative, and salvia is also often counted as a dissociative drug.

Ratings

The problem I have always found with LSD and its analogues is that my memory and my rational thinking starts to go at higher doses. My favorite powerful psychedelics are the ones that allow me to keep some sort of rationality and clear memories intact but still produce wild hallucinations. Here are my top two picks:

1. This is a tie between DPT and Syrian Rue and mimosa hostilis (DMT)

DPT insulflated is the only substance I have ever experienced a Shulgian +4. I mean, I saw the core of the universe. DPT gives me the experience of transporting to various parallel universes rapidly. I am honestly now afraid to take this substance in high doses. For me, it is to strong! Be careful with this one, easy to take lots. I find I develop paranoia when I'm on this drug mostly because I feel tired and find it difficult to walk. In high doses it is like a four hour DMT trip.

but

Syrian rue and mimosa has allowed me to stay in a universe for quite sometime. My experience has only been a plus three, but hieroglyphs and insects and cool droplets put on my tongue, and I could feel the touch of these creatures.... I had sex with one..... It was not as intense as DPT, but weird, eery, wet and frightening.

These two tie for first, they also have a nice timeline of four to six hours. This gives you a lot of time to work with the substance. 5-meo-dmt and dmt would come close, but its to quick. 2-CE looks promising. 2-C-T7 and T2 are suppose to be very visual. As well as AMT.

Be careful.