• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Most POTENT benzo derivative

can anybody explain why flunitrazepam (and the lam also i belive) is so potent. it has to do with the nitro group in combination with the 2-fluoro on the phenyl. its twice as potent as clonazepam and you dont get this potentiation by fluor with any other benzo. must be the electronegativity which comes into play when theres a nitro group at the other end in place. thats my idea.

and btw, i could never verify it because i found no binding assays for zopiclone. but the disguisting taste the day after it stems from sigma agonism i believe. had this with opipramol rectally. seconds after squirting it up i got a somewhat chemical taste on my tongue. sigma ligand...

The era in which the initial hypnotics were introduced, ability to cause euphoria was seen as a good thing. I've always found the nitrobenzos to be like an on/off switch. Great for insomnia, not somuch if just wanting relief from anxiety

I disliked them. But pynazolam was VERY similar to methaqualone. As I said, I've only ever sampled ethaqualone (but I vaped it). But people who HAVE tried proper medical formats of methaqualone were very excited.
It's having the precursor made that is the problem. (2-amino-5-nitrophenyl)(pyridin-2-yl)methanone isn't commercially available nor easy to make. I can provide notes if anyone is serious about proceeding. The amide --> thioamide step it a total nightmare. We took 17 attempts before finding a solvent system that worked (didn't produce a hard-to-remove side-product).

I understand nothing but I like reading your posts. Pure chemicals màsters. I'd have to study. Imagine making your own drugs.Sick
That Was a benzo masterclass.
Thank you @Fertile

Peace&Love