• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Most popular Research Chemical These Days...

skylines7

Bluelighter
Hello everyone, hope everyone is doing well. It has been a while since I have been on BL.

I am very interested in researching more about the current RC scene. I know kinda recently CHINA passed legislation that banned a lot of popular chems.

What would be the most commonly used RC's? Are there any that have stood the test of time? Maybe Etizolam? I am interested in doing research in terms of scope of usage for substances, this data can be hard to find so asking here on the forum is the best way to get a sense of what people are using.

I have been an opiate user for 10 years now, specifically IV heroin, and have researched heroin and other opiates to no end - including the RC Opiates. In my honest opinion, I think that distributing analogues of Fentanyl is a pretty dangerous thing.

Drug Laws affect the RC scene, as substances are banned new ones come out, which may or may not be safer than the previous substances. It is for this reason that I want to know what the most popular substances are. So that I can analyze the effects of drug laws on the population of drug users and their choices of what drugs to use.

Does this all make sense? I believe complete legal regulation of all psycoactive substances is the most safe way to go about it from a harm reduction standpoint. In heroins example, that fact that it is legal and unregulated is the reason that many people die from overdose, they don't know the specific potency of a batch and it can be cut with things such as fentanyl.

I'm hoping my research can one day help affect drug laws wordwide, but we will see as I am not an academic type but I am a dreamer.

So bluelight community, help guide me in my research about RC usage, choices of what RC's people are using, and how the Chinese Ban and other previous bans are affecting the RC market for better or for worse.

Thank you and enjoy your weekend. Be safe everybody

I think LSD-25..... Everyone wants it, no one can find it, and shitty people try to recreate it's amazing effect that others then mislabel as LSD-25 hoping unsuspecting innocent people to fall victim to their game.

Don't get into the RC game if you can't decide on your own RCs yourself

I remember frying my brain and body on rcs back in 2011. MXE, jWH-018, 250, 221, 120. methylone for $13 a gram, They all suck though. Terrible untested drugs that could easily cause death or horrible permenant damage to organs and brain. AVOID RCS

Both of you mentioned to avoid RC's. I actually do not use RC's. I am currently on Methadone & Vyvanse & smoke marijuana. This combo works for me.

I however spend a lot of time researching the substances that I have put into my body. The natural progression of research has led me to research "RC's" now. (by research I mean actually researching them).

It seems if a chemical gets popular, in the USA they use media propaganda to instill fear, then proceed to ban the substance. I know some "RC's" would fall under the federal analogue act.

Basically, there are so many research chemicals that I am looking for a starting point when I am researching substances. (actual research).

How popular is Etizolam? Are any of the cannabinoids safe to use, do any of them have a better safety profile than traditional cannabis preperations?

Please give me some links so I can further my reading, and give me what in your opinion are the 5 mostly used research chemicals as of now?

I remember frying my brain and body on rcs back in 2011. MXE, jWH-018, 250, 221, 120. methylone for $13 a gram, They all suck though. Terrible untested drugs that could easily cause death or horrible permenant damage to organs and brain. AVOID RCS

Very true, which is why I never used any.

Then this thread is against the BLUA. No "what drug should I take?" Threads. BL is here for harm reduction not drug ingestion recommendations.

Last edited:
What would be the most commonly used RC's? Are there any that have stood the test of time? Maybe Etizolam?

Etizolam is not a RC, for example it is a common prescription here in Italy.
What make it special is its unschedelued status in the USA.

Then this thread is against the BLUA. No "what drug should I take?" Threads. BL is here for harm reduction not drug ingestion recommendations.

I never once asked for a reccomendation of what drug to use. I state the 3 drugs that I use on a daily basis "Methadone, Vyvanse, and Marijuana". Clearly I have no intention to use any Research Chemicals for any purpose.

I am on Methadone Maintenance, and being a long time abuser of illegal opiates, from my own research I have concluded that the majority of the damage that is caused by opiates are due to their illegal nature and the forces of the black market. I believe all drugs should be legalized and regulated. Addiction is a medical issue and should be treated as such. Prohibition shows a lack of understanding about the basic human condition. Humans have experimented with psychoactive substances since the beginning of time. To make one drug legal (alcohol) and one drug illegal is detrimental to the public. People are going to do the drugs they are going to do, and doing an illegal substance means no regulation - technically you could be getting anything. ---This is a whole new topic I will try not to get off topic.

Yes Bluelight is a Harm Reduction forum, that is why I love it. So China recently banned all of these novelty rc's recently. This forces the producers to now go and change the molecular formula, not in the interest of safety or drug performance, but in the interest of getting around the law. I see this as a HUGE UNINTENDED problem.

There is already a lack of available research for long term side effects from taking these substances. By continuing to ban then, the chemistry will constantly be changed, which will prevent any real research from being done because people are always taking different chemicals.

Maybe you should read all the text before making statements where you have no clue what you are talking about. I don't see moderator in your name so your post was useless, a waste of both yours and my time.

I take harm reduction extremely seriously, and I am trying to wrap my head around the whole Research Chemical Scene. What chems are people taking. The fact that Etizolam is a prescription drug in other countries is really interesting to me, and I look forward to researching it more. Thank you for sharing that information. The reason I ask about Etizolam is as far as I know it is completely legal, where as something like Acetyl-Fentanyl is not legal.

Is there a core group of Research Chemicals, like Etizolam, that have stood the test of time, maybe they are legit medicine in other countries than the USA?

RC Heads.....someone break it all down for me. I need some insider information :)]

In canada we still have Tons of indole based Hallucinogens that are considered as RC in terms of federal law. Those include, 4-AcO-DMT, 4-AcO-DET, 4-AcO-MET, 4-HO-MiPT, 4-HO-MET and bunch of 5-MeO-DMT analogs. There is also the 2C family that are considered RC; BK-2C-B, 2C-C, 2C-D, 2C-E and 2C-P. Mescalin analogs: Allylescaline, Proscaline and Escaline. Lysergamides: 1P-LSD, ETH-LAD, AL-LAD and LSZ. Those are the hallucinogens avaible in canada as RC. There are alot more RC avaible, there is at least one RC for every mechanism of action of nearly all drugs used in common medicine and more.

Pick up Pihkal and Tihkal written by Sasha Shulgin. You'll learn a lot about "RC." There's very little difference in the concepts of analogs in those books vs the ones drug users use to skirt the drug laws as far as imagining new compounds. The real special part of the books aren't the lists of compound, but Shulgins wise comments that go with every compound.

Mracid, in Canada I know the tryptamines are still legal but I was under the impression that 2c-e & 2c-t-7 are just as illegal as acetyl-fentanyl, as of relatively recent with the blanket ban. The cannabinoid JWH series as well. Have you taken a look? Please do so and PM or post again because a lot has changed which is the reason for the new series of psychedelics.

I think LSD-25..... Everyone wants it, no one can find it, and shitty people try to recreate it's amazing effect that others then mislabel as LSD-25 hoping unsuspecting innocent people to fall victim to their game.

Over the last... 2 years or so, RC producers finally figured out that people are willing to pay good money for actual legal lysergamides.
AL-LAD, ETH-LAD, ALD-52, 1P-LSD, LSZ... all of those are interesting hallucinogens, and some people actually prefer one of them to good ol' LSD-25.

To the OP:

Can't help but think the information you seek on the "top five most popular research chemicals post-China ban" is available at any governmental drugs control agency.

Besides, to discuss publicly is to function as an unpaid anecdotal intelligence source.

But let's be realistic. Any RC insider could jerk your chain with bogus RC information. Because you are the only one not in on the joke.

A better way to get information is to bring something to the table first. See who is respected by others and do likewise. Don't make others waste their time trying to answer your questions. No one wants to wait on a person who is too lazy or uninspired to lift a few fingers to the keyboard.

Suggest you do a search with the keywords of RCs in the titles. Count up the number of RCs referenced and total the results. How hard is that? That way you won't have to wait for answers.

If you can't wait, and you don't have anything to offer, you might be better off doing your own research, offline, or on red-it.

Mracid, in Canada I know the tryptamines are still legal but I was under the impression that 2c-e & 2c-t-7 are just as illegal as acetyl-fentanyl, as of relatively recent with the blanket ban. The cannabinoid JWH series as well. Have you taken a look? Please do so and PM or post again because a lot has changed which is the reason for the new series of psychedelics.

Actually 2C-E and analogs lack the Methyl group at the Alpha Carbon on the phenylamine's amine chain. Making it a phenethylamine analog, not an amphetamine analog. Per example, add the same methyl at the Alpha crarbon atome of the 2C-E it becomes DOE which is illegal due to the fact it is an amphetamine analog. So basically every phenethylamine hallucinogens that are lacking the methyl group at the Alpha carbon atome on the amine chain after the phenyl group. Are supposed to be legal as RC. Except specific ones.

So basically its not the good analog to scheduele. They should have regulated Phenethylamine analogs, much wider family. But hey it would be at our disadventage.

Last edited:
Back in 2009 I was hospitalized after consuming the RC mephedrone.

It gave me fantastic euphoria similar to molly, then all a sudden my whole body went numb and then I felt like I couldn't breath.

The Dr's stated something about how my brain was not communicating with my nervous system in some region in my spine...

RC's will kill you

Best RC benzo: Etizolam and Clonazolam are both pretty awesome.
Best RC dissociative: MXE, but 3-MeO-PCP is another really good one as well.
Best RC tryptamine: 4-AcO-DMT, son.
Best RC phenethylamine: Probably 2CB.
Best RC ergoloid: I really liked LSZ.
Best RC stimulant: 3FPM
Best RC empathogen: 6-APB
Best RC opioid: Never tried any so I can't really comment here, sorry.

Also this thread probably belongs in Drug Culture.

Etiz is okay, it lacks the 'oomph' of true benzos, IME. Clonazolam, I absolutely love. Been taking way too much of both lately, expensive habit.

Also want to get my hands on some 4-FA one of these days.

Back in 2009 I was hospitalized after consuming the RC mephedrone.

It gave me fantastic euphoria similar to molly, then all a sudden my whole body went numb and then I felt like I couldn't breath.

The Dr's stated something about how my brain was not communicating with my nervous system in some region in my spine...

RC's will kill you

The only thing you can say without putting your foot in your mouth is that Mephedrone and its analogs are bad. RC is a status, one every MEDICAL drug has to aquire before becoming a medicine. RC are essential, blinded use of them is destructive.