• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Most efficient method for using Voacanga Africana seeds?

CrypticArc

Bluelighter
I recently purchased Voacanga Africana seeds. For those of you who don't know, this is a visionary plant with properties very similar to T. Iboga, with closely related constituents. So far I've heard of people chewing them, grinding and them into a peanut butter-like substance, making them into a tea using lemon and extracting with vinegar. Which of these might be the best method to take them? Also, would MAOIs add anything to the trip? I believe the actives are k-opioid but I've also heard that MAOIs potentiate iboga trips, and I've additionally heard that you're not supposed to smoke tobacco before taking them, which is an MAOI. I plan to fast the day before (My blood sugar sometimes gets low so I'll probably eat fruit), and take Celastrus Paniculatus seeds as my MAOI. I'll also post a trip report if it's significant enough. My dose will likely be 100-150 seeds, as I usually enjoy higher doses. If I take the MAOI, should I stick to 75 seeds to be safe?

how much experience do you have with this specific entheogen? furhermore i think that if you are taking an MAOI try testing it out with 75 your first go. idk if MAOi's are bad with voacanga africana though so i can't help you there. can't wait to hear your trip report though :)

Never used voacanga before. I've done significant research though. It's supposed to be very stimulating, last around 5-6 hours and give mescaline-like visuals. This will actually be the first true non-serotonin psychedelic I've ever tried. I don't have very high expectations, because lots of sources say that the roots contain much higher amounts of active alkaloids, but there are plenty of trip reports that claim this stuff works pretty well. I recently looked at a video that claimed that voacanga goes very well with ayahuasca, so I think I'll be taking the MAOI's. I saw another video that tells you to pan-roast them and peel the shells off, but it was in spanish so I have no idea about specifics like temperature and cook time. I'll most likely be making the tea for my first experience, because that's the way the natives do it. I may try other methods of ingestion in the future. I'll likely make two tea bags, each of 75 seeds, and after two or three hours take the second cup if I feel the need.

sorry i didn't reply; if you want you could try growing some for it's rootbark. also write up a trip report for us; please post it here if you can so that i can find it easily :)

i have no experience in it so idk. was just asking because those were factors and stuff. hope you find a perfected method :)