• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Most effective painkiller - for actual pain, not recreational - advice PLEASE

ZosoUK

Bluelighter
hey everybody
im generally just a reader & not a poster but i need some opinions please! the more the merrier !
basically this is the situation ... im 1/2 way through laser tattoo removal on my whole left arm , ive had 6 sessions with around 4 more to go !

i seriously under estimated the pain, it is NOT comparable to an actual tattoo, i barely grit my teeth getting tattoos but i struggle big time to sit through 40mins
of this, the easiest way to describe it is it feels like a blowtorch - however most people describe it like being burnt by cooking oil - ie: frying bacon & it spitting on you ! but constantly!

so far i have tried the following combos but none of them have touched the actual pain & ive really struggled to sit through each session

(let me add i have a fairly strong tolerance to everything )

* 4x tramadol (100mg) + 3 Tapentadol

* 2 tramadol + 2 Tapentadol + 2 soma

* 6 tramadol + 3 tapentadol + 3 soma + 2 codeine

ive never touched Oxys but im assuming they would possibly be effective?
fentanyl ??? (obviously i dont want to kick start a habit or worse DIE !)
im led to believe Methadone works very well ??? not sure i want to go there, not to mention its very expensive
im also not about to shoot up some smack for it - tho i did snort some a few years back with no ill effects

im open to suggestions please

Those tramadol and tapentadol higher doses you are taking pose a seizure risk.

Opiates more numb chronic pain than acute pain in my experience.

Nowdays I would just go with whatever pills you can get you know are real and not fent. Methadone and oxy are fabulous and a whole other level from tramadol and tapentadol.

Dissocistives though such as ketamine and pcp...you literally cant feel anything ..is why people on pcp get shot and dont even realize it. These are the most effective acute painkillers in my experience

Methadone and oxy are fabulous!
Dissocistives though such as ketamine and pcp...you literally cant feel anything
Yep. I might add that even good old suboxone will dull the pain a lot at a dose of 1 mg, maybe even just .5mg if you don't use opioids on the reg. I thought about trying 3meoPCP, but good sense prevailed ;) Prob pretty rad though in tiny doses.

Honestly, high doses morphine pills, IR or XR (Statex 50mg, Statex 25mg, MS IR 30mg, and all the various kinds that are XR and 100mg-200mg, a 200mg eaten with some hydroxyzine for the potential nausea was amazing for me).

Or Oxycodone-CR (I'm aware we only have these in Canada...you can use your 5-10-15-20-30mg IR pills of different brands in the US), it's generic Oxycontin, as in, the pills are like the old ones, although some people will eat OxyNeos/OP Oxycontins and get the same relief, some definitely notice a difference.

Oxycodone 10-15mg is excellent for pain, for moderate chronic pain, how many times a day is how you arrange that with your doctor.

I myself am on a 60mg Oxycodone-CR every 12 hours, fought myself out of system-caused-addiction (old doctor retires without warning, no walk-in docs or ER's help me much, an ER doctor helped me twice then said you got to find a GP, at the ER we're here for acute situations for the most part...while true, it's a bitch). That led me to buy whatever pills on the black market and an addiction to injecting Dilaudid because Dilaudid is terrible orally, hence why they love to script it instead of low dose oxycodone (we only really have hydrocodone for cough here, it can be prescribed for pain but it's very rare, although, I think it's a sensible medication, especially since we have it by itself here, nothing else, no death by tylenol said to be the hydrocodone's fault up here. We have a 7.5mg hydro/200mg ibuprofen pill but it is not marketed, a pharmacy has to make it for you and convince your doctor to script you a med he likely never heard of and would likely say, don't you want hydromorphcontins instead ? HMC's are kind of our med scourge here, not oxycontin, it's heroin outside of montreal, and it's not very healthy to shoot that crap up without really good filters, I'm only saying because I think it's a retarded policy of having hydromorphcontin up to 30mg 12h pills, 12mg ones being extremely common and scripted especially, but good luck getting hydrocodone for pain, faking a dry cough if you can is a better way, although don't do that either people :\

120mg of oxycodone every 24 hours taken in 2 shots might seem heavy, but it really isn't when you had to deal with getting on methadone then suboxone because of the situation described, doing it so well your doctor recommends you to the pain clinic just next, where he also works, i couldn't get him there of course, but he made sure what we discussed as I was getting rid of the last pains of half 2mg suboxone pills...that we would be using oxycodone-CR, it's cheaper than OxyNeos, insurance doesn't pay for neither so why the hell not get the generic ones, started with the 15's and we went up to 60, where the boring pain of round mechanical metal polisher on on the left side of my face entirely stopped...finally, having to be 3 weeks on 15mg oxycontins after 5 years of suboxone from 12 to 6mg in 4 years, and 6 to nothing in a year and a half or so).

Speaking of methadone, it's very good for pain too, if you're fine with not getting that much of a mood boost, the pills for pain are typically 5 or 10mg but there is 25mg ones, I imagine those are reserved for end-stage cancer, but it wasn't long I noticed how powerful of a painkiller it was in those 6 days of hell being inducted mixed up with cokeheads and alcoholics (it's a detox centre for everything). My female cousin has fibromyalgia and some other bone-related pain and she takes 10mg metadol (brand for methadone) every 12 hours with cymbalta, apparently it helps for pain if you want to subject your brain to the serotonin crap...the molecule being so very close to tramadol I could see how it would be a booster like hydroxyzine or promethazine is, with maybe less side effects.

Those are my suggestions and I've tried everything from Talwin to DHC (which isn't available in Canada at all, so I guess I went through the whole thing except for heroin) when I was without a doctor and in very bad physical and mental pain, the mental part getting exacerbated by refusals of being refilled a bottle that clearly indicated it was a script I had renewed every 6 months, and then I was only taking Percodans 4 to 6 times a day, 4.8mg oxy and regular dose of aspirin. They caused me to need ~25mg oxycodone a day with the useless aspirin with it through one hell of a ride and tolerance raise...

My very rusty 2 cents.

Last edited:
Those tramadol and tapentadol higher doses you are taking pose a seizure risk.

Opiates more numb chronic pain than acute pain in my experience.

Nowdays I would just go with whatever pills you can get you know are real and not fent. Methadone and oxy are fabulous and a whole other level from tramadol and tapentadol.

Dissocistives though such as ketamine and pcp...you literally cant feel anything ..is why people on pcp get shot and dont even realize it. These are the most effective acute painkillers in my experience

i have actually wondered about ketamine, ive messed around with it a few times over the yrs , a few snorts here & there , my only concern is that i drive to my appointments - a 6mile journey a few times ! thats why i tried to stick with the trams etc
but i wouldnt have the balls for PCP - thats always scared me that 1 !

im thinking oxys are probably the way to go for the immediate future! i can get a fair few of those compared to the cost of methadone !
i wish i had my own dr feelgood lol - but then dont we all on here !

as for the seizure risk, well i have gone up to double figures many times with tram & the taps - im not boasting, its just a tolerance thing - i find it deeply annoying - unless you have 3 of them once a month they are horrendous for it ! im trying not to touch them again for that exact reason ! i imagine ive been close to seizures , i used to get all jerky & robotic, walking weird & jumping around ! pretty bizarre

thankyou Buddy !

"Is it possible to get a few lidocaine injections in your arm pre op?"

Automator im in britain buddy lol , my doc wont even prescribe me 5mg valiums or sleeping pills or anything stronger than co-codamol!
its completely different here to the rest of europe & certainly the USA & australia ! we have no painkiller epidemic in the UK !
you can have serious surgery & be lucky to get codeine - it may be just my area tho - im sure other people in other cities get everything they want

the only way i can possible conceive this is to kidnap a dentist at gunpoint lol :)
(no gun tho, again its britain) :)

ill look on the darknet for lidocaine tho again i dont really wanna be shooting it up - its Intra muscular i take it cos im ok with that but i wont touch veins !

Last edited:
Yep. I might add that even good old suboxone will dull the pain a lot at a dose of 1 mg, maybe even just .5mg if you don't use opioids on the reg. I thought about trying 3meoPCP, but good sense prevailed ;) Prob pretty rad though in tiny doses.

yeh i was wondering about 'bupe' -- been thinking about trying that anyway for some time now , obviously its best not to get a taste for any new cookies when you already eat too many oreos , if you get me ! however somethings gotta give cos this laser shit is the worst pain ive ever sat thru in my life !

im not good with anything stronger than mild mushrooms ! eg: im more mdma than LSD !

i find it amusing now tram is considered suitable for chronic pain ! they wont even shift a headache for me

Honestly, high doses morphine pills,

Or Oxycodone-CR

thanks for all that info buddy, i think this is my next experiment! oxys then if thats not enough ill try either methadone or morphine!

i have had liquid morphine before & found it underwhelming in general but i wasnt in pain at the time !

thanks & thanks everyone else too

I think you might be able to get lidocaine cream 4-5% otc, this should do the trick, but be careful as it can mess up your heart if too much goes into systemic circulation

^ Agreed, a topical numbing cream or gel would probably be most effective (like when you go to the dentist). Some also contain disinfectant which is further insurance against infection.

Not being a pussy is a pretty good painkiller.

lol it's a tattoo dude, it's not meant to be a walk in the park. Get a belt, bite down on it, and hold still.

The BEST pain killers imo are Lidocaine (this is dependent on the injury/problem though) because it completely numbs the affected area and you literally feel NOTHING (I have IV lidocaine and I inject it around the area of pain and don't feel a single thing... and then Ketamine. Ketamine makes you completely numb (in moderate size doses) and you could get hit with a bat and not feel it, its crazy as shit lol

I give it to people with multisystem trauma in the field, and they literally don't feel a single thing.

Last edited:
Not being a pussy is a pretty good painkiller.

lol it's a tattoo dude, it's not meant to be a walk in the park. Get a belt, bite down on it, and hold still.

no mate, you clearly didnt read my post properly! its NOT getting a 'TATTOO' - im having a sleeve lasered removed & that is 100x more painful than getting the sleeve in the first place, i am FINE getting a Tattoo , dont even consider a paracetamol !
you sit thru 40mins of laser removal with zero in your system & then call me a pussy!

The BEST pain killers imo are Lidocaine (this is dependent on the injury/problem though) because it completely numbs the affected area and you literally feel NOTHING (I have IV lidocaine and I inject it around the area of pain and don't feel a single thing... and then Ketamine. Ketamine makes you completely numb (in moderate size doses) and you could get hit with a bat and not feel it, its crazy as shit lol

I give it to people with multisystem trauma in the field, and they literally don't feel a single thing.

Thankyou ! :) The jury seems to be all for Lidocaine so im gonna look into this /get some lol - ive never considered it or heard it mentioned! sounds promising !

hey everyone i need to bump this thread for some follow up advice! well i tried some oxys the last time - up to 100mg tho i suspect the legitimacy!

AS a few people suggested 'Lidocaine' i have infact now obtained a vial of 1% Hydrochloride (100mg in 10ml)
having never used it, this must fall under harm reduction can anyone advise me on what kind of dosage im looking at - its my whole arm thats lasered shoulder to wrist
so how much & where do i inject is my question, obviously a 'IM' injection into my shoulder or bicep is my assumption ! (much like a shot of Test)?

thanks in advance

I think that for this purpose, dissociatives like Ketamine or PCP would work well. Opiates aren't a good choice.
I also think that alcohol would help you immensely while you are going through this procedure. If I were you, I would drink at about 8 ounce of Gin, Vodka or Rum (liquors must be the choice not beer, wine or cocktails) before the procedure.

Methadone is considered, along with morphine, by many to be the best analgesic

Don't know if you wanna jump that high, though, but those are two opioids that knock pain down - oxy is of course also well liked, for pain and rec...

Yeah, the above poster has a point. Don't start a heavy habit for nothing (didn't read through the whole thread b4 posting)