• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Most Depressing Movies?

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
What, in your opinion, are the most depressing movies ever made?

From those I've seen I'd add:

Requiem for a Dream (2000)
Irreversible (2002)
The Basketball Diaries (1995)
Happiness (1998)
Melancholia (2011)
Antichrist (2009)
Leaving Las Vegas (1995)
Johnny Got His Gun (1971)
The Elephant Man (1980)
I Stand Alone (1998)
The Road (2009)

Deer hunter is awesome great movie. Irreversible and i stand alone would make my list to. So would martrys. Any french extremity movie really.

i dunno the name but i've seen a short, like less than 10m with a kid in a dystopic pyramid environment where he was trapped in a thought loop to go into the washing machine and turn it on. The darkest film I've seen

the pyramids were plain black and they were covering the whole segment I think, but the entrace was activated with a spring and he had to always donate blood before entering so the washing machine sucked all blood to create this new thought loop race of kids, called iirc the sky makers

Amores Perros (2000), a Mexican film with three intersecting stories. Been a while but I remember it being so depressing I can't bear to watch it again, last story is particularly disturbing if you're a dog lover. Same director as 21 Grams and Babel, which I felt were a bit too melodramatic and didn't care for as much.

It's not a movie but Dear Zachary: A Letter To A Son About His Father (2008) was heartbreaking.

pink floyd music videos
enter the void
kids 1995
Martyrs 2008
angela's ashes
trainspotting
french movies
come and see

Last edited:
proceed with caution on the list i gave. Some of those movies are fucked up. esp martyrs 2008 (not newer version), come and see, kids and enter the void.