Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Most Complicated Movies you've ever seen (intellectual)

Complicated ideas transmitted with fascinating clarity makes for brilliant cinema:

1. Synecdoche, NY

2. Groundhog Day

^ oh yeah, i saw that movie when it was called groundhog day.

alasdair

Complicated ideas transmitted with fascinating clarity makes for brilliant cinema:

1. Synecdoche, NY

I had forgotten about that one! That is the only film thus far that has actually left me feeling like I wanted to die. My boyfriend said the same thing; that film is not for the faint-hearted.

Can't believe I forget to mention Akira!

I 2nd this. Without the manga or backstory the plot comes off as a generic Tetsuo, which it isn't at all.

Also, Ghost in the Shell and Ghost in the Shell: Innocence. Really intense conversations which you don't really see too much in anime.

Serial Experiments Lain is another anime to add to the list, I also agree with Ghost in the Shell.

Yes, I mentioned Synecdoche, New York on the first page, where I also expressed my sincere regret that nobody ever really said shit for interpretations in my thread about it. Stop thinking and get posting mofos.

How bout Vanilla Sky? It was named the most confusing film of all time in a British magazine. I don't agree personally...sure you're confused at the time in the movie when things go south...but it's all explained.

I wouldn't call either Vanilla Sky nor Inception complicated movies. The plots are basically straightforward, except that Vanilla Sky has the twist at the end. (Similar to how "Sixth Sense", "Fight Club" or "Usual Suspects" isn't complicated - yes, the reveal changes how you view the previous scenes, but that does not make the movie complicated.)

There are good movies that have complicated plots but aren't that confusing.

Then there are movies that are confusing but aren't exactly complicated.

I can't think of a movie that's complicated & confusing off the top of my head.

Vanilla Sky is just a shitty version of Abre los ohos or however you say Open Your Eyes in spanish?

Last Year at Marienbad, L'Immortelle, Akira are complicated enough to validate the bewilderment imo.
Then again I love Memento and Inception

Vanilla Sky is just a shitty version of Abre los ohos or however you say Open Your Eyes in spanish?
Last Year at Marienbad, L'Immortelle, Akira are complicated enough to validate the bewilderment imo.
Then again I love Memento and Inception

Abre los Ojos spelled in Spanish..

most complicated movie ever is Memento I had to re watched it several times till I find the meaning, I guess lol

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.

I left the theatre feeling so stupid.
I didn't understand a single thing :(

La piel qui habito (The Skin I Live In)- 2011 Almodovar, doesn't get much simpler with age... some of his past work is seriously complex and some is just sexy Spanish farce
8 1/2 - 1963 Fellini. The famous Achteinhalb, not to be confused with Achtzehneinhalb which has 20 sequels, all of which revolve around supposedly 18 and a half year old women, and can be found in a shop with blacked-out windows or up stairs at the back of a mainline railway station near you.

Theese are the movies I like, no doubt! There are tons of them, so just making a mini list is hard I think.

eXistenZ, Matrix, 13th floor and Dark City are all four equal movies same idea and same year I believe?

The Others I found pretty amazing, and surely 6th sence.

One I really like as a more humurous one is Being John Malkovich, what a goof this movie is!

I never finnished Pi, I would have to give it a go once more, it was accully to confusing for Im guessing as it was turned off.

As a few special ones not that familiar Im guessing you should check out : Ink, Dead mans shoes and Enter the Void.

Also - do not forget in the spirit of great humor: they Live!

And my favourite time travel movie: Timecrimes (Los Cronocrímenes)

Last edited:
Mine have to be Momento or Mulholland Drive.. Naomi Watts is incredible in it. I didnt even realize she was playing the same character at first.

there's a danish movie called next door (naboer) that is very scant running (70 minute-ish if i recall correctly) that albeit not very difficult to understand once the last scene sets is a really sweet mindfuck up to that point.
now i wish i spoke either danish or swedish, because unless it for some reason gets repeated on TV here, there doesn't seem to be a chance in hell that i can see it again in a tongue i comprehend.