View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Morphogenesis

Obsidius

Bluelighter
So here i am, assuming that every psychedelic experience is and was a creation of my own mind. I warp time and space, i fold universes and i touch things that are not physically there. Years of joy while playing with the fabric of my own mind's ability to create a reality, even if its only seconds long. I perceive it as real, like a dream, my creations i play with, sometimes terrify me, sometimes inspire me, but i was always sure that its "just a projection of my mind" playing with all my senses in every way possible.

I was always aware that set and setting might theme a trip of 2 people similar and that there are shared moments, but i was still sure everyone had their own film going on in their mind. And then something happens.

While on a very decent mix of mescaline analogues my partner and i started to form a liquid glass like structure with our hands at the same time. We double checked numerous times to be sure that we both actually touch the same fluffy, gel-like energy "foam" floating in front of us and were baffled. I never ever experienced something so direct with someone, that it lead us both to believe (and thats a hard step for 2 rationales) that we actually formed and touched the same "thing" at the same time. During this trip i called it "Morphogenesis", unaware that this has an actual mathematical groundwork by Alan Turing in the 40ies that describe "spontaneous structure building" through a mathematical phenomenon.

Now i ask myself.. did we experience the physical equivalent of what Turing was about to describe with math?

Or is there any other explanation? I am curios. Weeks since that incident and we failed to reproduce it. Does someone have an idea, what i might be talking about? ( please do not try esoteric mysticism on us, we want to touch science again, not fairies )

Last edited:
Not to be too esoterically mystical, but...THAT IS TOTALLY FUCKING COOL!!!

Sadly though, nothing like that has happened to me...yet.

That's phuckingnutz for sure mate. I've never experienced anything like that. I still think it's all in your head, but in this case in both of your heads. Its not uncommon for sober people to catch up on tripping vibes, and even less for two people who are very close and tripping together to share a special connection, and in a sense share the same trip in a way.

You must have had a good time.

Everyone does have their own film... both of yours just happened to have some overlap for a moment. :) I really don't think that there's a scientific explanation other than hallucinations + suggestibilty. There's no reason to think there is particularly if you can't recreate it. It's unlikely, sure... but is it as unlikely as your mind even existing to experience it in the first place? Not even remotely. That's my rationale. Stuff happens. ;) Sounds pretty fun though.

People have been playing with this energy for a long time. Qigong and Pranayama are two examples of ancient and well-developed energy tuning modalities. With a lot of practice in these disciplines one can get to the point of being able to see and consciously manipulate the energy as you and your partner have. Psychedelics can be a shortcut to achieving those states. I believe that combining energy work practices with psychedelics can have even more profound results.

As far as I'm aware, morphogenesis models biological processes. Doesn't sound exactly like you were creating a biological organism in your situation. However, I do think your experience was substantial. I would think you would want to turn to phenomenology if you're after a more scientific explanation of what can occur during a psychedelic experience.