• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Morphine Sulfate ER (MS Contin)

Er is extended, slow release to last all day, IR is instant all at once, I'm a ir kind of guy myself.

Alright guys and gals.... I have a question about kadian 30mg.... I happen to IV these every so often and when I do,I find find myself getting a great buzz but the injection site breaks out in these hive like blotches.... It itches for a second and swells after about 2/3 minutes..... Am I doing something wrong or is this just my bodies reaction to the kadian... Also a lil info I use a cold water extraction,no heat what so ever because they gel up so much and it takes FOREVER...... Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks....??

I have been an opiate user for 16 years now, from codeine to heroin...I learned to appreciate the unique effect for each individual opiate. I find oral morphine very enjoyable, it may lack the mental euphoria verse other opiates such as oxymorphone and heroin , however the body buzz is very pleasant. Morphine orally can be too overwhelming to some with the physical rush it gives. however I feel any experienced opiate user can relate to morphines enjoyable effects. The problem with mscontin is even when chewed , the time release still is not broken, it's like the formula itself makes it slow acting. 30mg orally in my opinion is is strong enough to give relief even for the tolerant user

Chronic pain sufferer for years. When I first started taking morphine, the dose was supposed be (are u ready), 2 mgs. Apparently the pharmacist decided since it didn't come in that dose, (mind u not calling the doctor). Filled 200 mgs bid. Since I worked for hospice, I myself knew that I was not swallowing that dose. I took I tab once daily. In the beginning it was great I could move around play with my grandchildren. Then bam about 30 days I started feeling bad, was up for days on end, rashing, then the seizures started. My primary was in the dark since the script was written by the neurologist, what he did know was I was dying. I acquired sleep apnea but since I was up for days anyway I wasn't concerned. Since I only took 200mgs a day I didn't see the neurologist until 60 days past. It was then the neurologist looked at the bottle and flipped out, gave me a copy of the original script and was sending me on my way.
I was like wait who's weaning me off, he hands me ,15mgs tid. 8o Thank goodness my primary was the bomb, and finally understood why I was dying. I detoxed at home against his wishes, the withdrawals were agonizing, but was not going thru a rehab clinic when it wasn't my fault.
I received a whopping 10000.settlement from the pharmacy who almost killed me.
Eight years later I am still controlling my pain with 60mgs er qid. And I live in Colorado so cannibus is helping. I see many threads trying to make these tabs stronger, pls if it isn't working get the dose changed or drug changed.
You can slowly OD and not even know it's happening.

Last edited:
200 mg is ridiculously large. You're lucky you got a settlement. Nowadays you'd be called an abusing addict if you didn't noticed.

Sorry mods. I posted this one another thread and I think it was in the wrong thread. Anyway, I have been iv'ing some morphine sulphate ER pills that I've been getting from one of the local pharmacies. The first time I tried to crush the pills I couldn't believe how easy they crushed up. Usually the pills are really hard and or waxy. Not these. I don't see how they are ER pills. Works quite well with just one or two 15 mg pills. I just filter them through some cotton. The liquid that ends up in the syringe is just a little milky white, but not bad. Has anyone else ever encountered any morphine sulphate pills like this? They are awesome.