• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Morphine questions

PieceByPiece

Bluelighter
Is RLS one of the early symptoms of morphine withdrawal? I dosed in the early afternoon and hadn't dose again before bed. In the middle of the night I had the worst leg pain.

Also what is considered a 'high dose' (not therapeutic) of instant release morphine to take in 'one go'?

Does codeine add to the amount of actual morphine you take? 200mg oral codeine is equal to 30mg oral morphine... So if you took 50mg morphine and 200mg codeine, would you technically be taking 80mg morphine?

Does Morphine cause palpitations and a fast heart rate?

Is going from abusing codeine to pure morphine a big opioid 'jump'?

When having an opioid addiction should you be using laxative therapy daily or only as needed?

I get funny tingling feelings in my legs when the morphine kicks in - is that part of the 'high'?

Is RLS one of the early symptoms of morphine withdrawal? I dosed in the early afternoon and hadn't dose again before bed. In the middle of the night I had the worst leg pain.

For sure

Also what is considered a 'high dose' (not therapeutic) of instant release morphine to take in 'one go'?

Depends on many things. Normally 30 maybe 60mg is about as high as most docs are comfortable with but for recreation it could be and usually is much higher.

Does codeine add to the amount of actual morphine you take? 200mg oral codeine is equal to 30mg oral morphine... So if you took 50mg morphine and 200mg codeine, would you technically be taking 80mg morphine?

Not exactly. Codeine is metabolizes into morphine but maybe 30% max and probably lower. Codeine itself and other metabolites add to the equipotent doses

Maybe. I need to check but opiates can lower BP and HR slightly and the body compensates

Define jump. Again many factors involved.

When having an opioid addiction should you be using laxative therapy daily or only as needed?

If you get constipated, laxatives of course should be utilized. Daily or as needed depends on its severity

I get funny tingling feelings in my legs when the morphine kicks in - is that part of the 'high'?

This I dont know but never experienced. Can you describe it more?

How long have you used these?

I'll throw in my .02 just for good measure here, although I'm on board with everything KittyCat has said.

First off, 200mg of oral Codeine is actually equal to about 20mg of Morphine. The rule is generally that 10% of a given Codeine dosage is metabolized in the body into Morphine. This varies widely from person to person and from ethnicity to ethnicity especially.

- I'd say you could look at it that way.

Morphine and the heart rate stuff... The hallmark of Opioid use is a slowing down of some of the body's systems, like respiration and heart rate for instance. Occasionally when I use Opioids IV, I get an initial rush that is accompanied by some discomforting, intense feelings in my chest, but this always goes away within minutes of the injection. An elevated heart rate is definitely not the norm though for Morphine or Opioid use in general.

As far as jumping from Codeine to Morphine... Now, it seems that you're becoming a little bit more familiar with the relationship between Morphine and Codeine dosage. When you're able to discern relative dosages between the two, you can pretty easily calculate how big of a jump you are taking. Just turn both drugs into Morphine when doing your calculations and it will make things easier. Are you going up by 10%, 25% or 50%? These could be the benchmarks that you use to determine how much your use is increasing day to day.

Bowel Movements... What's considered normal is going once/twice a day, or for some people, every other day. What is not normal is going once every couple of weeks because Morphine has made you constipated. If you're schedule, for lack of a better word, is significantly off, then yes, it's time to start fighting back with some OTC medications. I've struggled with this issue, as have a lot of us addicts and I always found Miralax (a brand of laxative) to work the best. I would take it once a day or maybe every other day and it would seem to keep me regular without a ton of side effects. Ultimately you'll feel a lot better if you can manage to keep your bowel movements regular, so if they're not, start trying out some gentle laxatives.

Lastly, funny tingly feelings are a pretty notorious aspect of Morphine use. Morphine especially, over other Opioids, has a knack for causing "pins and needles", "tingling" and itchiness, so what you're experiencing is definitely not out of the ordinary. Do you have any other questions OP?

If you click on your username you can either click on view latest posts or subscribe to threads and be notified by email.

As far as morphine, yes much is lost, but this is well known so the doses take this into consideration allowing enough drug to reach circulation. And remember, most people actually need opioids/opiates and dont abuse them, so many can be stabilized on doses the recreational user would laugh at. Add in effects of age and general body chemistry (God I hate that term) and morphine is perfectly suitable for some.

I guess you are lucky. I mean you use roughly 360mg codeine daily for two weeks at a time which isnt a whole lot in terms of amount or duration but it could become an issue. Careful with your Tylenol intake though.

How long have you used these?

Thanks for replying. I've been using Morphine for around 3 months.

I have a tendency to mix morphine with a few other drugs at the same time and take as one dose.

So I'll take Morphine, Codeine, Tramadol, Dihydrocodeine, Gabapentin, Diazepam, Promethazine, Fluoxetine, Doxylamine, Propranolol, Lansoprazole, and a couple others.

I don't smoke or drink alcohol though. Although the morphine is in instant release
LIQUID form so it contains alcohol.

When it kicks in, the 'High' always starts off in my legs. They feel tingly, heavy yet light, jelly-like (feels funny to walk and unsteady), and it's like I can feel waves of pleasure going up and down inside them. Before those feelings then go on to move up my body into my arms, chest and head, and then all over me.

My blood pressure gets low, not low enough to faint, but low enough to feel like I would just fall over if I stood up. Even though my blood pressure is low, my heart rate is always through the roof. I can be lying on the bed after taking the cocktails of drugs and my HR would be 130. I get palpitations a lot as well, even when I'm not taking the drugs and I'm tachycardic a lot of the time as well, again even without the drugs.

I'll answer the questions that I can, I don't like to answer dosage questions because my natural baseline is very low, but while addicted, it varied a lot. I haven't used morphine in some time but my tolerance has dropped dramatically and now 5mg oxycodone gets me high, while at one point I was doing bumps of china white.

ABSOLUTELY. I never really got rls during withdrawal until I was wding from morphine. Kept me up all night and was awful.

A small amount does get metabolized into morphine, but it varies based on your liver enzymes (specifically cyp2d6 I believe, but don't quote me on that). Anyway, I think on average it's like 10%. You can take both together, I always did in the form of poppy seed tea, but just be careful. It won't do a whole lot other than make the opiate effect srronger, but codeine and morphine feel similar apart from strength IMO, maybe others will disagree or I just metabolize codeine well though, I've never thought it to be as weak as others make it out to be. Not for pain, anyway. It's not that euphoric.

No, but anxiety can. I often used to get this because I was worried I might be pushing the OD boundary, it was just anxiety though. Unless a paradoxical reaction is possible? Idk though, I've never heard of that with morphine although its happened to me on benzos. Anxiety is still my guess though, very common when doing drugs, especially when you're not yet used to them.

Well, I usually abused both at the same time, or at least during the same time period, so I guess I couldn't really tell you. Morphine is significantly stronger than codeine for most people, I definitely feel the difference but its not that huge to me. Morphine doesn't have a ceiling like codeine does though, so there's a lot more abuse potential. Never nodded on codeine alone either, but often on morphine (hence the username).

I never used it during my 6 month fling with various opiates and when I finally detoxed for real, TMI but I took the biggest shit ever. It literally clogged my pipes. Like, the ones attached to the toilet. So its probably a good idea. Morphine is one of the worst offenders for me as far as constipation goes, I'm sure if I actually had the money to use more I would've run into bigger problems but even with plenty of mini "breaks" I still had issues and was felt very bloated all the time so watch out. People recommend stool softeners over stimulant laxatives and probably for very good reason. I tried senosides once and it was AWFUL. I've never even had opiate WD diarrhea that bad before, only thing I could compare it to was when I had food poisoning one time, minus the projectile vomiting.

Yup! Tingles are well known for being a trait of morphine, never experienced it with any other opiate, at least not nearly to that extent. Im not an iv user but I got shot up with morphine several times at the hospital before and I was tingling all over. Otherwise it felt the same.

I take morph ir 30mgs and I have taken as many as ten at one time. Not everytime, usually I'll take 4-6 for my first dose of the morning and then some gaba which usually curbs the nods and gets me up and going but also the added benefit of making it last longer. Then, if I need to, I might take 2-3 before bed with some more gaba. I'm to the point now that if I don't take the gaba, I'll wake up usually around 3am and I'll feel the familiar beginnings of w/d's. And so the cycle begins again.

Back when I had a supply/source for morphine and was a regular heroin user, my usual dose range for (IV'd) morphine was 60-100 mgs. That'd usually do the trick nicely. Intravenous morphine use is really, really fun but it's obviously not something I'd ever recommend getting into. The rush, though...I loved pushing in the plunger and then almost instantly feeling like a mass of needles was prickling my face. It sounds like a weird thing to be "into" but I associated it with being high on morphine and that was an awesome feeling. Taking morphine orally was a pretty disappointing experience for me, though. I never really got opiate constipation or heart palpitations from morphine...I think it's one of the more "puke-y" opiates if you don't have a tolerance, though.

I would always get nauseous when I was ABOUT to get my morph script filled for some reason.
I just tried iv'ing morph the night before last for the first time in the vein in my wrist and it started to swell up and it hurt badly and hadn't even pushed the plunger yet! I've never tried iv anything before. I've always just railed my H. But the best way imo to take your morph is to just bite the bullet and plug it. It feels like I just did a couple of bags of H. I get that vibrating feeling in the core of my body. Nice.

Back when I had a supply/source for morphine and was a regular heroin user, my usual dose range for (IV'd) morphine was 60-100 mgs. That'd usually do the trick nicely. Intravenous morphine use is really, really fun but it's obviously not something I'd ever recommend getting into. The rush, though...I loved pushing in the plunger and then almost instantly feeling like a mass of needles was prickling my face. It sounds like a weird thing to be "into" but I associated it with being high on morphine and that was an awesome feeling. Taking morphine orally was a pretty disappointing experience for me, though. I never really got opiate constipation or heart palpitations from morphine...I think it's one of the more "puke-y" opiates if you don't have a tolerance, though.

I wish my experience was that good, though to be fair, I don't even know what they shot me up with besides morphine. I think dilaudid too as well as a benzo via iv (dunno which one but hospitals here love lorazepam so probably that. Idk, maybe it was pretty great after all considering I hardly remember it, just nodded or stared at the ceiling in bliss. Crazy considering the severity of my injury. All I really remember was staring at the ceiling feeling perfectly content despite the bone sticking out of my body, so all things considered, it sure did a good job. It was fun for sure, especially the time I had an open fracture. Also got it for breaking that same arm when I was a kid. They totally overdid it and I could barely get up, fucking loved it though. I wouldn't go out of my way to iv it personally, I'm terrified of needles anyway and if I get into that, I know going back might never happen.

I agree about the stomach issues on morphine too. I was never an opiate puker, not while high and not even usually in WD, but PST gave me some serious stomach cramps. No idea if this was from morphine or maybe thebaine. Not codeine IMO, never got nausea or any GI issues from codeine. Recreationally, oral morphine isn't that great for me either unless I specifically want to nod. LOVE it for pain though. If I could have a lifetime supply of morphine and oxycodone, I'd not believe in god just a little less. add in some amps, acid, xanax and dissos, and watch me convert. Maybe that dilaudid I got a big shot of, hardly remember, I was so far gone already. I was 17 and still innocent lookong, ER doc said "just looking at you hurts. I didn't really say much, just enjoyed the ride
;)