• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

MORPHINE PUMP VS OPANA & DILAUDID

FrankiesCloud

Bluelighter
Okay I have to tolerance ceiling when it comes to a opioids. Even four 8mg dilaudid and two opana 10mg and doing shit and I really need something to make me start functioning. I suffer from DDD I'm at stage two or three I have five discs disintegrating and I am in chronic pain in the mornings it gets better throughout the day but I can't lay down without being an absolute fucking agony. Not really that depressed ketamine helps daily LOL, But I want to ask would it be logical just to go for a morphine pump at this point it's not like my condition is going to be better they can slow it down but it's just going to keep going downhill. What you guys think?

Hi
You have my empathy with the disc & spine issues for sure. My spines messed up from a lot of physical trauma, murder attempt & being thrown down a couple flights of stairs … I very much understand physical pain.

I also noticed that different opioids work for different kinds of pain for me, there’s been times that tramadol mixed with anti inflammatory has actually worked for things dilaudid hasn’t and vice a versa & in between. Anyways my bad I’m probably rambling here ….

I have no idea why but when I read this, I felt like you should wait out & not do the morphine pump yet, it’s just a gut feeling. But obviously do what’s good for you. I wish you lots of luck 💜

Hi
You have my empathy with the disc & spine issues for sure. My spines messed up from a lot of physical trauma, murder attempt & being thrown down a couple flights of stairs … I very much understand physical pain.

I also noticed that different opioids work for different kinds of pain for me, there’s been times that tramadol mixed with anti inflammatory has actually worked for things dilaudid hasn’t and vice a versa & in between. Anyways my bad I’m probably rambling here ….

I have no idea why but when I read this, I felt like you should wait out & not do the morphine pump yet, it’s just a gut feeling. But obviously do what’s good for you. I wish you lots of luck 💜
Tramadol up to 400mg per day and 20mg Valium per day all divided into 4 doses should help, then switch the tramadol to 60mg co-codamol per day and taper until you’re at 30mg codeine and substitute with Kratom (basically tramadol-lite). Best of luck with the DDD

Hi

Thank you so much for your kind response and I'm sorry that you have to suffer through similar issues. Problem is with me it's really hard because sometimes you can kind of Walk It Off but I literally can't walk at some points I've already lost the use of one of my legs I'm a partial monopolygic I can use my knee but I can't use my hip it's not paralyzed from pain it's actually just literally paralyzed like I can't use. Same thing goes with most of my toes and in the winter it especially hurts a lot more because I also have arthritis in the spine now and it gets super painful especially in the mornings. I've been like this for 10 years and unfortunately I'm only 26 so probably by the time I'm 40 I could possibly being a wheelchair. The other reason I'm asking is because it's so hard to get any medication for a person like me in the states where every doctor looks at you as a drug addict even though you've never been on Suboxone never been in a rehab or anything and you've complied with all their demands you've tried absolutely everything and nothing seems to work besides opioids I haven't even got a good nod in a long time and I want to live out my life as best I can and as comfortable as I can I literally am taking the equivalent of 160mgs of morphine a day and still every morning on I wake up it's pure agony I can't even get up sometimes I just pass out because I can't move. I noticed it getting worse every year and I just don't know what to do anymore that's why I'm reaching out for advice my pain psychologist says it might be time to look into that because there's no way in God doing Earth there's going to be some doubling up your medication in the United States right now with what I'm on and if it's going to just be like this forever I should look into other options there's spinal cord nerve blocks but if you're going to be that invasive anyway might as well just use a morphine pump. I'm going to try my best to hold off but I just don't know how much longer I can take this it's really hard especially at my age supposed to be in my Prime but I look at myself and I feel like I'm 60 years old. But I'll try to hold out as long as I can thank you for your response and your kindness I truly appreciate it. It really helps me through days when the pain is still overwhelming. I wish you the best as well I hope you you can still have a good life even with the pain.