• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Morphine - oral

Binky7766

Bluelighter
I’ve had up to 4 mgs several times in the hospital by IV. I could really feel that rush immediately when it was administered. I ingested some of the oral form recently (not in hospital). Is there any high or rush value to the liquid form or would I have to drink a significant amount in order to achieve that same feeling?

You're not gonna get a rush by oral administration, but you will get a high.

Be careful with the dosing as well ; oral takes a good half hour to hit so don't be tempted to re-dose after like 5 mins because you're sitting there thinking 'I can't feel anything'.
How much would I need for the high?

I’ve had up to 4 mgs several times in the hospital by IV. I could really feel that rush immediately when it was administered. I ingested some of the oral form recently (not in hospital). Is there any high or rush value to the liquid form or would I have to drink a significant amount in order to achieve that same feeling?

IV morphine is three times stronger than oral morphine. So you'd need to take 12mg orally to get the same high you would from 4mg IV.
Btw I am INSANELY jealous that 4mg can give you a rush or get you high, that's crazy.

Boof it…. I believe it’s supposed to be 2.5 x stronger if I remember correctly from a previous post on it ,,,

If it was my post would’ve been “ is there a way to make this shootable ?😬
LMAO! Does boofing mean shooting? I’ve never heard that expression.
Can oral morphine be easily converted to a shootable form ?
By the way, love your screen name. But you may feel a little sick!

Last edited:
IV morphine is three times stronger than oral morphine. So you'd need to take 12mg orally to get the same high you would from 4mg IV.
Btw I am INSANELY jealous that 4mg can give you a rush or get you high, that's crazy.
It’s just a rush really, not a high, when they put the needle into the IV. Though it’s not an actual High, it does makes being in the hospital more tolerable, for sure!

That depends on your tolerance.

Have you used any opiates before? If so what, and how regularly? What was the dosage you took of this oral morphine (which apparently didn't give you much effect)?
Yes I used quite a bit of oxy in the past for cervical spine surgery. And a history of Vicadin & Percocet for back problems & other sundry issues. Of course I enjoy the brain vacation it gives. Perc is my fav, even over the Oxy. It’s just the best high. And I personally feel that it’s the best pain reliever. Tramadol I found to be worthless and it made me sick. With the Oxycodone, I think I was taking 4-6 5mg pills a day for 10 months. Stopping them was not easy because Dr’s are not interested in tapering anyone down for some strange reason. So you’re basically on your own with that process! As far as the oral morphine goes, this was 7 years ago & I only took a couple small sips. I felt nothing. But clearly it wasn’t enough.

LMAO! Does boofing mean shooting? I’ve never heard that expression.

By the way, love your screen name. But you may feel a little sick!
Boofing is anally, drugs kick in quicker than orally…

Waters is open his new tour with that song in a spoken tone eithout any guitar solo

Wow you got a rush from 4mg (as said it equals to 12mg orally). I need 60+mg orally for threshold euphoria and thus without tolerance. With I was on 600mg and didn't get any more positive effects.

I like the nasal route for morphine, it's not stronger than orally but comes with less side effects because the stuff doesn't pass all through the stomach first.

Boofing is anally, drugs kick in quicker than orally…

Waters is open his new tour with that song in a spoken tone eithout any guitar solo
Waters rules. I wanted to go see his most recent show, but I’ve been to so many and it just started to feel like the same thing over and over again. But I do love him he IS Floyd. I’m not a huge Gilmore fan and I was not a fan of the later albums made without Roger. I like one or two songs like “learning to fly” and “what do you want from me”. Anyway, how do you do it anally? Is it something like saturating a cotton ball and inserting? And not to be graphic, but can a woman do it in the front?

Waters rules. I wanted to go see his most recent show, but I’ve been to so many and it just started to feel like the same thing over and over again. But I do love him he IS Floyd. I’m not a huge Gilmore fan and I was not a fan of the later albums made without Roger. I like one or two songs like “learning to fly” and “what do you want from me”. Anyway, how do you do it anally? Is it something like saturating a cotton ball and inserting? And not to be graphic, but can a woman do it in the front?
Mix your drugs with about a tablespoon or two of water and use a oral syringe or a enema squirt bottle and your done,
I went to the Wall shows in about 2012 and thought they were great, first time going to a show at Yankee stadium and I was on the infield,he did little of the vocals then and except even less now from him….

Unfortunately there's no hard-and-fast guidelines; apart from tolerance there's so many individual factors that come into play, such as how you metabolise it, your body composition and state of health etc. ( I mean heck, right at the start I used to be able to get high on 25 mg of codeine pills. Xd)

I don't have any real experience with liquid morphine sulphate, somebody who takes it needs to chip in here...

I'm presuming we're talking the standard 10mg/5ml solution like oramorph -? The only thing I know off the cuff is that 100ml of that (equal to 200mg morphine) can be a lethal dose for someone not used to opiates. If that sip you took 7 years ago was the last time you took an opiate I'd tread with caution.

And then there's the question of whether you have an immediate release or an extended release formula ; obviously re-dosing with an extended release is very risky as the effects are cumulative and delayed.
The golden rule 'start low, go slow' applies, and measure it out so you know exactly how much you've taken.

Last edited:
Morphine XR capsules (at least those from Europe, you got them if your capsules contain soft, wax-like beads which can be easily crushed with a credit card instead of plastic hard ones) can be de-extended-release-d quite easily. Just pour into some water, heat, cool, discard the solid wax layer swimming on top and you're ready.

About boofing, yeah I just used a syringe without the needle, dissolved the drug in some saline solution and up there. Did it even with morphine but I didn't get any benefits over orally/nasally so I didn't repeat.

Last edited:
Mix your drugs with about a tablespoon or two of water and use a oral syringe or a enema squirt bottle and your done,
I went to the Wall shows in about 2012 and thought they were great, first time going to a show at Yankee stadium and I was on the infield,he did little of the vocals then and except even less now from him….
Yeah, he’s an old man now. Trying to milk it for all its worth. Who can blame him I guess.

An oral dose of Morphine is about 30% the strength of an injected dosage. You can probably imagine how different it would be, experiencing the full effects of the drug in under 2 minutes as opposed to 30 minutes or more. The thing is, oral usage of something like Morphine should be plenty strong enough to make someone very euphoric. It's generally only with time and tolerance that it becomes necessary to begin injecting, Most folks are plenty satisfied with oral Opioids for a long while before they move to another ROA.

You do have your Morphine already in solution, so it's perfectly suited for rectal administration, which greatly increases the onset of action and should double the potency of the solution. This is probably the closest you're going to come to getting that rush that you got from injection, but you're still looking at a ~15 minute onset which is a pretty significant difference. I'm personally experienced with this ROA and I wouldn't do Morphine any other way if a syringe weren't available.

Can oral morphine be easily converted to a shootable form ?

Yes. It's a bad idea to inject pills in general, but if you're gonna (I assume this is allowed under HR, if not, sorry mods, feel free to delete) you just crush the pill into a powder (or if it's a capsule, empty the powder out) and add a little water like you would when injecting anything else, but please 100% make sure to use a micro-filter, even if it's just a bit of cotton.