• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Morphine never worked

Stephy

Bluelighter
The first time I tried a30 mg xr morphine pill I didn't feel NOTHING... WHY? It still barely works and wears off at about 6 hour mark. I actually get sleepy before I get pain relief, but that may be because I'm not sleeping enough... I'm playing on tic tok. I never felt euphoric on it either. I think I'm a rapid metabolizer

How did it work for you?

The XR means extended release so 30mg is slowly releasing into your body over 8-12hrs. So like 3-5mg an HR or even less, not sure about the exact time release measurements but that is a very small amount of morphine and isn't going to give you much of a buzz.

A lot of people just don't really enjoy morphine. I'm unfortunately not one of them. Though it's been a good 25yrs since I took morphine proper.

Last edited:
Pretty likely it’s the fact it’s extended release - have a look up on how to get round this if you’re intent on trying it proper. However, like many will think or say, be very careful with going down this road. It looks like an open highway perfectly tarmacked with rows of beautiful fauna lining the sides.

Then it leads to a potholed nightmare of a road with nothing but wreckage lining the way.

Pretty likely it’s the fact it’s extended release - have a look up on how to get round this if you’re intent on trying it proper. However, like many will think or say, be very careful with going down this road. It looks like an open highway perfectly tarmacked with rows of beautiful fauna lining the sides.

Then it leads to a potholed nightmare of a road with nothing but wreckage lining the way.
Tis the reason I merely hinted at the reason for her lack of success. I didn't want to be the one to point the road out to her and I certainly won't be the one to map it out for her. My conscience is already heavy from the bodies that litter the hwy's I've blazed in my past.

Morphine has next to no pain killing effects for me, even methadone isn't too strong at this and I can just hope never to require a real painkiller. But they do give me a good time. Yet I need to dose quite high (without acquired tolerance) like 60mg instant release. Be aware that this can be an overdose for others!

Do you have (pressed) pills or capsules 💊 containing plasticy beads? The latter are easy to extract and snort.

Personally i prefer xr morhipne for pain. Ya not gonna get high like we may want to but xr ms contin would probably be my fave opioid for pain relief.
we all dif though

I did 20mg and it didn't work so @F.U.B.A.R. told me to neck another 5mg and I had a few lines of ket while I had my head in the drawer.

Fuck me! A warm gluey blanket over me. Even the taste of the syrup was seductive never mind the call of the drug. But the ket recognised that call for what it was; my higher (ket) mind recognised the archetypal siren.

Literally any thought that came into my head the morphine went "oh that doesn't matter" and the ket went "yeah it does?".

The ket told it to fuck off and keep away from me. I've never known ket to have a character but it had words to say. The morphine was just the naked emporer, all ugly and reclused.

Last edited:
Morphine just doesn't work well for some people. For instance, I love the semi synthetic opioids, but no matter how much morphine I take it will not give me nearly the same feeling. Best to just give up and stop taking them

Had a similar experience with opioids & dissociatives like @Tranced, the latter didn't want me to do opioids, it was a full psychotomimetic experience with acoustic hallucinations (voices, foreign thoughts in my head) which basically told me to stop fucking with opioids but I didn't listen and it became a mess. Notable that these psychotic features came and went with the morphine, less so methadone or BDPC and absent when doing just dissociatives.

Had a similar experience with opioids & dissociatives like @Tranced, the latter didn't want me to do opioids, it was a full psychotomimetic experience with acoustic hallucinations (voices, foreign thoughts in my head) which ginbasically told me to stop fucking with opioids but I didn't listen and it became a mess. Notable that these psychotic features came and went with the morphine, less so methadone or BDPC and absent when doing just dissociatives.

Wow, yeah I certainly walked that same path there man.

I'll finish the story but it will sound like I'm bragging, lying or encouraging drug use or something. Might stick it in TR.

Not hooked on opiates thankfully, avoided that door, but what a summer.

I only mention I don't get a buzz to see if it's my metabolism or normal. A buzz WOULD BE GREAT... but just getting pain relief would be better. I know all about the xr qualities and how it works...I just don't know if my experiences are normal or not. The 1st time I took it I was opiod nieve and never done opiods. I was given 30mg xr by my mother in law and I ended up giving them away because they did nothing for me. That's why I think it might have something to do with my genetics

The XR means extended release so 30mg is slowly releasing into your body over 8-12hrs. So like 3-5mg an HR or even less, not sure about the exact time release measurements but that is a very small amount of morphine and isn't going to give you much of a buzz.

A lot of people just don't really enjoy morphine. I'm unfortunately not one of them. Though it's been a good 25yrs since I took morphine proper.
My doctor had me at 60mg xr every 12 hours and still hurt no buzz.... I've done 90 and 120mg xr BUT NO NEVER A BUZZ sometimes it helps sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I only have to take 1 pill all day..

I'm not trying to do anything hardcore but I want to know because I'm undertreated for my pand as far as starting it or whatever I found out a long time ago on accident when I threw one up that they have this technology that has it turned into a jelly so that people can't inject it or snort it

Morphine has next to no pain killing effects for me, even methadone isn't too strong at this and I can just hope never to require a real painkiller. But they do give me a good time. Yet I need to dose quite high (without acquired tolerance) like 60mg instant release. Be aware that this can be an overdose for others!

Do you have (pressed) pills or capsules 💊 containing plasticy beads? The latter are easy to extract and snort.
No I've never come Cross any meds with Capsules inside.... except my adderall.... All of my pain medication have always been tablets. I didn't know pain medication came in capsules. It doesn't matter what dose I take of any opiate I never ever ever get any kind of buzz or high... I've taken 12 mg of delighted which is apparently very high... I've taken a 120 mg of extended release morphine, 45 mg of instant release morphine, But never ever got a buzz or a high from it not even when I 1st started taking opiates. Are you one of the people that voted yes they got a buzz from morphine? Wow that's crazy I feel so underprivileged 🥺

Yea morphine never worked well orally for me. I could eat 100mg and not feel it. But could snort 40-50mg and feel ok.

-GC
Maybe I should try snorting it? I've never snorted anything before except I tried cocaine once no 3 times And it never worked for me either. Back in the early 2 thousands I tried ecstasy and ended up with serotonin syndrome Instead of getting a buzz. I got a small buzz but it took a s*** load and I Passed out on the floor several times That night. I tried cocaine a couple times but It was not from a trustworthy source so I don't know if it was good stuff or not but it didn't work for me. It was real caky to me but I've never been it before so I don't know what to expect. But to me it seemed like there was a lot of powdery white stuff clogging up my nose, but hey... I'm snorting white powdery stuff up my nose 🤷

Personally i prefer xr morhipne for pain. Ya not gonna get high like we may want to but xr ms contin would probably be my fave opioid for pain relief.
we all dif though
I'm more worried about getting pain relief than getting a buzz, But you know I like drugs by my nature so I sure would love to get a high ever once in a while at least. I was just wondering everyone else's opinion on the drug because to me the stuff just seems like it's noReal big deal it's like whoop tee doo!

Morphine just doesn't work well for some people. For instance, I love the semi synthetic opioids, but no matter how much morphine I take it will not give me nearly the same feeling. Best to just give up and stop taking them
I wish I could stop taking them, but I hurt so bad I can't And I don't even get real good pain From them it just makes the pain a little more tolerable.

Some rare amount of people don't get much of an effect from opiates, at least like, mentally as far as I'm aware. My mother doesn't get any pain relief at all from them though, and she was taking oxycodone after a hip replacement last summer. I took the same thing after sinus surgery and it would get me very high and relieve pain well, but it mostly helped me sleep as my nose was a crusty bloody mess and I had to sit up to sleep.

I don't think snorting it would be too wise. Like yeah it should stop it from being an extended release, but at that rate just taking it in a powdered form should work like instant release. Adderall XR beads are known to be crushed like that for a quicker effect.

I'm guessing you already tried other opiates or kratom?