• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Morphine making me feel sick?

falsifiedhypothesi

Bluelight Crew
I just got ahold of some 30mg morphine pills, the dark red ones that gell up. Whenever I take 60mg or under I get no effects except for itching and maybe some drowsiness but when I take 90mg and above I just get a headache, heavy nausea, and feel very sick.

I've taken oxycodone, hydrocodone, tramadol, codeine, and kratom without any problems like this. With those opioids I get euphoric and into a good nod so why is morphine so different? It also takes 2+ hours before I feel any effects at all. I have a shitload of these and don't want to waste them, is there any reason I would feel this bad on these pills?

You most likely have the morphine sulphate sr.. they're sustained release, so that is why it takes that long to feel its effects. They also don't hit you all at once, rather in waves.. But be careful about redosing, they last upwards of 12 hours.The sulphate is also hard on the stomach I.m.e., its heavier than HCl, also the morphine sulphate gives morphine HCl a bad name, so dont base your opinion of morphine solely off of those sub par pills.. stay safe!

- Hopeless Soul

Forgot to add, if you know they give you a headache and nausea, take a few aleve an hour before dosing, and also eat a decent meal around that same time, that should combat some of those nasty side effects. Also if you feel like you're not getting the desired effects from 60 mg, maybe instead of increasing your dose, try to potentiate with dxm, gfj, ect.

- Hopeless Soul

I didn't think there was a difference between sulfate and HCL but thanks for the info. I've tried potentiating with diphenhydramine but it only made me feel worse

I personally use dxm, works better, and has less of the side effects.

-hs

Maybe your body doesn't break morphine down to well......I've never had a problem, I'm high within 15 minutes off chewing up a morphine pill, & it hits me hard & lasts long. So I think its just tour body not being able to break it down.

I actually feel quite a bit better if I have a small meal beforehand, but that was only on 30mg and I still wasn't even remotely high. I'm gonna try 60 today and if that doesn't work I'm just going to save them