• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Morphine Extended Release Question about the coating

draven1321

Bluelighter
Well alright I am on Morphine 100mg E.R. and was wondering about the coating on it. I heard from somehere that you could scrape off the coating(the Extended Release) to get the straight Morphine. Well my question is what should I start off with? I actually have a 60mg and a 30mg E.R. Should I scrape off the 30mg to start off with? I don't want to do too much,and want the Morphine effect to happen faster. Is it safe to scrape off the coating and take it?

To answer one question, yes it is "safe" to take the coating off and take it in a somewhat 'instant release' form BUT the real question is how much. Its a good thing you realized the difference in bypassing the extended release part of the pill because you would be amazed at the people who wouldn't think twice about taking an instant release dose equal to their ER dose. But I'd have to say if you are steadily on 100mg ER then you should be ok with starting out at maybe around 25-30mg. About 25% of your ER dose would be a good starting point to help you judge what would be best for you.

Thank You DelRi0 I very much appreciate the answer. I have the 30mg E.R tablet so I will start off with that pill then if it isn't enough will take the 60mg then. Do you know about how long in between doses. I know with the extended release it's every 12 hours.

The half-life of Morphine is 2-3 hours by itself ("instant release"), so assuming you remove all of the ER coating, it should be okay to re-dose in 4-6 hours.. but keep in mind that if you've eaten before or right after you've taken it, then sometimes the absorption rate is slowed a little so wait an extra 30 minutes to an hour before you re-dose. ;) Be safe, and let us know how it goes.

I never took the coating off Morphine to snort it......then again, I had Mallies which are brittle & awesome to snort.......

Well I scraped off the coating of a 30mg e.r. and all it did was upset my stomache a little but did not feel any effects.I'm just wondering if I should go on ahead and try the 60mg e.r.What do you think? And I have never tried crushing and snorting it. What effects do you get when you snort it?

Well I scraped off the coating of a 30mg e.r. and all it did was upset my stomache a little but did not feel any effects.I'm just wondering if I should go on ahead and try the 60mg e.r.What do you think? And I have never tried crushing and snorting it. What effects do you get when you snort it?

Well honestly unless you are just hell bent on abusing it (which I take it you're not) then I wouldn't start snorting them. As far as your experience taking the coating off, I would recommend trying to crush them and then take it orally as you would normally. The problem with ER coatings is that even if you scrape most of it off of the outside that doesn't necessarily mean that you've gotten rid of the ER properties of the pill, and crushing to a powder is a somewhat more certain way to defeat the ER.

This may just be me & I never thought snorting was appropriate with pills but I decided to snort morphine to see if the high was better & it definitely was for me. The high is euphoric when I snort it but its not euphoric when I take it orally.........

I put the pill in my mouth and suck off the coloring/coating. I use a razor to get off any remaining ER coating.
After that, you're left with a fine white powder. I love the high of insufflated morphine so I always rail it whether it's IR or ER. Feels just as effective as IR's. As some others have said, it's a euphoric rush. Very warm and sedating

I did this and ended up with this gel in my cooker that I couldn't get into a syringe. :\ Can someone help?

edit: woops i posted this in the wrong thread sry

Last edited:
I did this and ended up with this gel in my cooker that I couldn't get into a syringe. :\ Can someone help?

edit: woops i posted this in the wrong thread sry
You're supposed to dissolve them in water for 8-12 hours, making an aqeuos solution that's instant release, then micron filter..

-hs