• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Morphine bioavailability.

Shitake

Bluelighter
I use to crush morphine pills and inject them intravenously, but that its harmful for veins and let marks on my body, and now I'm thinking about other routes of administration for morphine.

Does anybody know if intramuscular morphine has a good absorption? How much is the percentual?

And how about intranasal?
I know that oral morphine have a poor bioavailability, so I need to know good options to use crushed morphine pills. What do you think? What is the best spot to inject?

Intramuscular is also very dangerous with pills, the potential for abscess is very high. Not any safer than IV. The best way to ingest morphine for high BA and even some rush is rectal administration. It's very safe and has very similar kinetics as intramuscular injection. Intranasal is pretty decent too but rectal is better. It's super easy to do, too. Some people are squeamish about it but if you want the best ROA to safely ingest it, it's rectal.

Intranasally (snorting) is a good ROA, try that. Make sure you crush your pills to a fine powder before snorting!

Intranasally (snorting) is a good ROA, try that. Make sure you crush your pills to a fine powder before snorting!
I recommend rubbing alcohol on the morphine and evaporate it then put it behind the lip you have dhyhdromopine then

I use to crush morphine pills and inject them intravenously, but that its harmful for veins and let marks on my body, and now I'm thinking about other routes of administration for morphine.

Does anybody know if intramuscular morphine has a good absorption? How much is the percentual?

And how about intranasal?
I know that oral morphine have a poor bioavailability, so I need to know good options to use crushed morphine pills. What do you think? What is the best spot to inject?
Putting rubbing alcohol on the morphine and evaporate it then put it behind the lip its dihydromophine its better than the injection you need to free base it before the injection

@Xorkoth Actually the BA intranasally is even worse than orally.

Morphine administered nasally to humans as a simple solution is only absorbed to a limited degree, with a bioavailability of the order of 10% compared with intravenous administration.

From https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11907197/

Plugging morphine is, in my experience, the best route. Insufflating and oral are pretty useless routes of administration once you've got just a bit of tolerance.

@Xorkoth Actually the BA intranasally is even worse than orally.

Morphine administered nasally to humans as a simple solution is only absorbed to a limited degree, with a bioavailability of the order of 10% compared with intravenous administration.

From https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11907197/

Oh word, didn't realize. (y)

Plugging really is the best way. Much safer than trying to inject pills, and really similar to IM injection, including a rush.

Ya I don’t believe that oral is better than snorted, my experience doesn’t jive with that data. My first times taking morphine were oral, 15, 30 up to 100mg morphine sulphate. 100 was ok but not great. Snorted 50mg and actually got something out of it.

-GC

I have never heard that, I am guessing it is not true.