• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Morphine and Zolpidem (Ambien)

thatangie

Greenlighter
Hi all,

I take morphine (not regularly) only when I have some pain that has become a little intense. So I have taken that 2 hours ago.

I am going through a tough time though with a situational depression and just want to take one of my Zolpidem pills to knock myself out so I can sleep and wake up tomorrow and hopefully feel a bit better.

So basically, the two medications would be around 3 hours apart by the time I take the sleeping pill.

Is this alright?

Any advice I appreciate, thank you

If the morphine is immediate release and low dose it should be fine. Wouldn't make a habit of it though and wouldn't take them together. Both can depress your respirations.

If the morphine is immediate release and low dose it should be fine. Wouldn't make a habit of it though and wouldn't take them together. Both can depress your respirations.

Thank you for your reply. The morphine is a liquid oral solution, 20mg morphine sulphate and the zolpidem is 10mg. Not wise to take within 3 hours of each other?

If you have any tolerance to the Morphine, then there should be no problem.

Roxanol (morphine concentrate 20mg/ml) is immediate release morphine. It is best taken sublingually (under the tongue) and effects tend to last between 3-4hrs. If you are no longer feeling effects should be fine to take zolpidem three to four hours after morphine dose.

Thanks all, really helpful. I do have somewhat of a tolerance to morphine and it is not the slow release type that I take. However, I didn't take the zolpidem on this occasion because I fell asleep without it.
So for anyone else reading this looking for advice it seems it's best to wait 3 to 4 hours if you need to take the two kind of close together and make sure the morphine you took is not the slow release type.