• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Morphine and vomiting

PieceByPiece

Bluelighter
I took 20mg instant release liquid morphine, 12 hours later I was vomiting - would you say it was connected or not?

whats your tolerance to opiates look like? If you have a low tolerance it could be related, sure.

I know if I take too many vicodin without doing a CWE because I'm lazy and don't want to lose ANY of my product, if I'm stupid enough to take the amount I really need to get high, I know I'm throwing up about 12 hours later and can even feel nauseous the next day too. But that's because of the apap in it. I don't think I've ever felt sick off of morphine. Whats your tolerance look like?

Well I've had a 2 month break from all opiates. Before I was combining codeine, dihydrocodeine, tramadol and morphine IR without any problems.

It's weird that I vomited 12 hours as this morphine is short acting and needs to be redosed every 4 hours?

I guess it could be something in the solution not agreeing with you? Is it like liquid morphine meant for IV? or is it given to you the same way you would receive liquid methadone or codeine syrup, IE meant for oral consumption? I mean if you were able to take morphine IRs in pill form along with all of those other opioids and didn't have any problems, then I would have to think it had something to do with it being in a liquid solution. Or maybe you caught a stomach virus or a touch of food poisoning, depending on what you ate? How long were you vomiting for?