• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Morphine and Gabapentin

Hmm, in my opinion gabapentin is so subtle in effect that you don't really notice it, if you concurrently take a psychoactive dose of a drug like morphine.

Benzodiazepines would subtract from the pleasurable aspect of opioids, so I never really liked anxiolytic-type drugs with opioids...I'd rather just take the opioids, then when I'm out of them MAYBE I'd take some of the other stuff

I get a very noticeable high from Gabapentin, comparable to somewhere between alcohol and valium. Especially if I have caffeine. It makes the high twice as strong.
But I don't take a steady dose. Intentionally. I take my 28 day script in about 18 days and then have none for around 10 days. It has prevented me from becoming overly tolerant or becoming dependant on it, plus I still get high taking the extra.

I get a mild but noticeable high from Gabapentin. However, the high is very nice and euphoric. Tolerance, as repeatedly said, goes up very quickly. Doing it even just once a week can build tolerance over an extended time.

To speak to the question.
I read somewhere that gabapentin can actually reduce blood levels of hydrocodone and that timing was thus the key. I found that to be true. Taking gabapentin with the hydro seemed to have no effect but taking it a couple hours after the hydro gave a nice buzz. It extended the opiate buzz and felt stronger than the same amount of gabapentin by itself.

YMMV

Yeah I agree, somewhere between those two depending on the amount taken. I’ve definitely done some months like that too. Lately have been pretty consistent though for my lower back / nerve pain’s sake, lol.

Urgh, yeah. I have diabetic neuropathy in my legs and during the 10ish days I'm not taking it it feels like my legs are being constantly stabbed with red hot knives. I sometimes have to sleep on the sofa because I physically cannot walk up the stairs.

I get a mild but noticeable high from Gabapentin. However, the high is very nice and euphoric. Tolerance, as repeatedly said, goes up very quickly. Doing it even just once a week can build tolerance over an extended time.

To speak to the question.
I read somewhere that gabapentin can actually reduce blood levels of hydrocodone and that timing was thus the key. I found that to be true. Taking gabapentin with the hydro seemed to have no effect but taking it a couple hours after the hydro gave a nice buzz. It extended the opiate buzz and felt stronger than the same amount of gabapentin by itself.

YMMV

That's really interesting, thanks. I'll have to look into it as it may be because it somewhat inhibits your ability to metabolize the codeine-based ones to the morphine based ons (like Codeine 6o Morphine, or Hydrocodone to Hydromorphone) as then it wouldn't apply to my morphine. I am prescribed Codeine too, though. I'm gonna take the Codeine a couple hours before the Gaba for my next few doses and see if I can feel a difference.

That's really interesting, thanks. I'll have to look into it as it may be because it somewhat inhibits your ability to metabolize the codeine-based ones to the morphine based ons (like Codeine 6o Morphine, or Hydrocodone to Hydromorphone) as then it wouldn't apply to my morphine. I am prescribed Codeine too, though. I'm gonna take the Codeine a couple hours before the Gaba for my next few doses and see if I can feel a difference.
Link below:
"Hydrocodone: Coadministration of Neurontin (125 to 500 mg; N=48) decreases hydrocodone (10 mg; N=50) Cmax and AUC values in a dose-dependent manner relative to administration of hydrocodone alone; Cmax and AUC values are 3% to 4% lower, respectively, after administration of 125 mg Neurontin and 21% to 22% lower, respectively, after administration of 500 mg Neurontin. The mechanism for this interaction is unknown. Hydrocodone increases gabapentin AUC values by 14%. The magnitude of interaction at other doses is not known.
Morphine: A literature article reported that when a 60 mg controlled-release morphine capsule was administered 2 hours prior to a 600 mg Neurontin capsule (N=12), mean gabapentin AUC increased by 44% compared to gabapentin administered without morphine (see PRECAUTIONS). Morphine pharmacokinetic parameter values were not affected by administration of Neurontin 2 hours after morphine. The magnitude of interaction at other doses is not known."

I read in a forum somewhere that timing was the key with Hydrocodone and have used the tip to wait a few hours with success.

I was prescribed pregabalin 600mg (so not gabapentin but similar) along with morphine also 600mg/d and even when I built tolerance to both and specially the pregab, so taking 900-1200mg first to still get a buzz and eventually reached transparent tolerance, no more effects independent of dosage BUT it did still help me with cutting down on the morphine, could taper down to 120(!)mg during a few weeks without getting into withdrawal. So it's not classical potentiation but it works against withdrawal pretty well.

I really enjoyed combining it with codeine, potentiated the euphoria more than the sedation , i imagine it would go well with morphine likewise

I really enjoyed combining it with codeine, potentiated the euphoria more than the sedation , i imagine it would go well with morphine likewise
Codeine helps morphine have longer legs compared to gabapentin ,i use to really enjoy gabapentin in high doses till it got a little out of hand ,800mg every hr for three hrs was my sweet spot for a while ,its just a chill feeling like valium,weed,and a beer all in one

Codeine helps morphine have longer legs compared to gabapentin ,i use to really enjoy gabapentin in high doses till it got a little out of hand ,800mg every hr for three hrs was my sweet spot for a while ,its just a chill feeling like valium,weed,and a beer all in one

The BA of Gabapentin DRASTICALLY decreases when taking more than 300mg at once. Taking 300mg every 30 mins instead would get you way higher with the same overall total dose :)

The BA of Gabapentin DRASTICALLY decreases when taking more than 300mg at once. Taking 300mg every 30 mins instead would get you way higher with the same overall total dose :)
When i was taking it someone here said otherwise about how many mg but the staggered dosing was a must, i still love the taste of it, i used to open the capsules and dump them in

i still love the taste of it, i used to open the capsules and dump them in
I know it's an old post, I'm searching for whether it's ok to smoke/vape gabapentin, it tastes so awful, how can you like the taste?
I think lemons taste sweet, I'll munch one of them like an orange, but gabapentin? Never. It's the worst taste.

I know it's an old post, I'm searching for whether it's ok to smoke/vape gabapentin, it tastes so awful, how can you like the taste?
I think lemons taste sweet, I'll munch one of them like an orange, but gabapentin? Never. It's the worst taste.
why would u even think abt smoking/vaping stuff that doses are measured in GRAMS ... not even speaking abt how its not much of a high by it self ....

why would u even think abt smoking/vaping stuff that doses are measured in GRAMS ... not even speaking abt how its not much of a high by it self ....
I don't find them very effective orally, slight buzz is all. If I open a 300mg and put it in with weed, it makes me cough but yesterday I did that then walked into the kitchen ten minutes later and was seriously sedated like I never get taking gabs orally. I'm almost immune to weed, I vape that all day every day, wasn't that.
If you empty them out and snort them it's a bit more of a stimulant, a very gentle one, wakes me up enough to do some work via my computer.
Sure if I was on stronger drugs in the background I wouldn't feel it, but I've ditched bupe except for twice, two months today off it. I've got some and nearly using them, but trying not to. My legs were killing me in bed last night, I woke my husband up with my wimpering pained noises, legs and pelvic bones at the back, but they are ok after I walk around for ten minutes, why is that? How can it go from the excruciating pain of being dipped in molten lava to nothing, just by walking about? Can't lie down any long time because of it.

Interesting. I remember that smoking Cogentin gave a high much stronger than eating them. It's Benztropine, so related to Atropine and the like I assume, so that makes sense.

So, I guess that's possible. I'm not a gonna try it, though.