• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Morphine, allergies and asthma

paranoid android

Moderator: TDS
Staff member
So i woke up this morning wheezing like fuck because everything is covered in fucking pollen here. I was having my asthma and allergies act up and even with the puffer i was feeling fucked. But when i took 150mg's of morphine it felt like my airways where finally opening up. Most of what i read though say morphine should not be used during a asthma attack.

Does morphine actually help bronchospasm or is it just the high making me feel better?

It is technically an antitussive (anti coughing agent) similar to codeine, so maybe that's what you're feeling?

I have asthma as well (pretty mild and seasonal at this point) and I don't feel like opiates have a negative effect on my breathing; if anything, like you're saying, they seem to help. I'm not sure how much of that is just having a good buzz on though lol.

Morphine suppresses the cough reflex and reduces your ability to notice you are hungry for air.

The latter is one of the reasons it is prescribed to hospice patients to help them feel more comfortable..

Lately, my allergies have been so awful I have been forgoing vyvanse or taking half doses so that I can take primatine tablets (with ephedrine in them) instead.

If the rescue puffer isn’t helping you, is a steroid inhaler an option for your type of asthma and allergies? They have been a blessing for me the times doctors bestowed the upon me and they should help you keep your oxygen levels up better than morphine.

Morphine suppresses the cough reflex and reduces your ability to notice you are hungry for air.

The latter is one of the reasons it is prescribed to hospice patients to help them feel more comfortable..

Lately, my allergies have been so awful I have been forgoing vyvanse or taking half doses so that I can take primatine tablets (with ephedrine in them) instead.

If the rescue puffer isn’t helping you, is a steroid inhaler an option for your type of asthma and allergies? They have been a blessing for me the times doctors bestowed the upon me and they should help you keep your oxygen levels up better than morphine.

A steroid inhaler is a option but i really dont want the weight gain that comes with them

A steroid inhaler is a option but i really dont want the weight gain that comes with them

I’ve never had one for longer than 6 weeks, but I didn’t gain weight while using it. (But the nasal steroids, fluticasone or whatever will give me a flabby neck and moon face.)

My father has been prescribed a couple of different steroid inhalers over the years for copd and hasn’t gained any weight or had a change in his body fat distribution.

I think whether you gain weight or not, it will ultimately end up depending on your personal reaction to the type of steroid in the inhaler.

There are always antihistamines but I won’t take them personally unless i’ve started to die because every one I have tried has made me feel uninhibited suicidal rage.

Everyone should be able to make their own informed choices with regards to medical care.

Maybe track your oxygen saturation and keep an eye on things?

If it gets bad enough, you can always consider wearing a mask and openly kink-shaming the male counterparts of the plant reproductive cycle…or something. :)

Whatever happens, I hope this exacerbation peters off and that you feel better and you can breathe easier soon.

I’ve never had one for longer than 6 weeks, but I didn’t gain weight while using it. (But the nasal steroids, fluticasone or whatever will give me a flabby neck and moon face.)

My father has been prescribed a couple of different steroid inhalers over the years for copd and hasn’t gained any weight or had a change in his body fat distribution.

I think whether you gain weight or not, it will ultimately end up depending on your personal reaction to the type of steroid in the inhaler.

There are always antihistamines but I won’t take them personally unless i’ve started to die because every one I have tried has made me feel uninhibited suicidal rage.

Everyone should be able to make their own informed choices with regards to medical care.

Maybe track your oxygen saturation and keep an eye on things?

If it gets bad enough, you can always consider wearing a mask and openly kink-shaming the male counterparts of the plant reproductive cycle…or something. :)

Whatever happens, I hope this exacerbation peters off and that you feel better and you can breathe easier soon.

Ya it's just that my allergies are killing me because i live in a very rural area with lots of plants, trees and grass so everything is fucking covered in pollen now. I was out bbqing earlier and the pollen is coating the bbq and the deck.

I know a few people that got fat on steroidal asthma puffers so i dont think im going there. I am also on zyprexa and although i havent gained any fat from it i dont want another drug that makes me gain weight on top of that.

Ya i dont really take sedating antihistamines anymore because of the dementia risk. I am already on clonaz and zopiclone so i dont need to add to that with my family history. I am taking claratin and neo claratin though and they help abit. If i get any worse though i may have to get some sudafed

Ya it's just that my allergies are killing me because i live in a very rural area with lots of plants, trees and grass so everything is fucking covered in pollen now. I was out bbqing earlier and the pollen is coating the bbq and the deck.

I know a few people that got fat on steroidal asthma puffers so i dont think im going there. I am also on zyprexa and although i havent gained any fat from it i dont want another drug that makes me gain weight on top of that.

Ya i dont really take sedating antihistamines anymore because of the dementia risk. I am already on clonaz and zopiclone so i dont need to add to that with my family history. I am taking claratin and neo claratin though and they help abit. If i get any worse though i may have to get some sudafed
Have you ever tried ephedrine? If you're in the United States you can get it behind the couner of the pharmacy in the form of Bronkaid, and it definitely helps my asthsma syptoms, as well as gives me a nice 'lil energy boost.

Have you ever tried ephedrine? If you're in the United States you can get it behind the couner of the pharmacy in the form of Bronkaid, and it definitely helps my asthsma syptoms, as well as gives me a nice 'lil energy boost.

Ive had it in the past but pharmacies dont carry it here anymore. I think some supplement places might still have it though but im not sure.

You could try Primatene mist inhalers, which are just epinehprine, but they can help clear you up sometimes although I believe they're intended more for COPD.