Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides Morning Glory Sprouts

G_Chem

Moderator: OD
Staff member
Well @tregar has been pushing this stuff for so long I felt I needed to revisit it. For some context on my history with morning glory/LSA…. I first tried it when I was just a teen, I think 15-16. I remember getting a ride from dad down to the greenhouse to pick up some seeds. Tried eating them raw and could only muscle down 100, didn’t feel shit.

Next was the CWE. Now this actually gave me something more akin to a trip. I took the CWE and dried it out in a dish to give an extract that I scraped up and used. I remember throwing up violently followed by slight visuals.

Then finally came the more technical experiments of which I’ve actually documented way back on DF. I’ve got a TEK over there. It’s involves defatting then extraction with methanol and evaporation, fairly standard. Problem is this will yield you pure LSA after the hydrolysis leaving a product that is psychoactive but lacking the trip we seek from something similar to LSD.

I put it aside for years not really thinking much of it but as time went on and I learned more about LSH it’s easy hydrolysis into LSA it started to make sense why certain things worked better than others.

Which brings us to the modern experiments. My first question I wanted answered was if morning glory sprouts were psychoactive and if they were maybe they could be LSH heavy.

I planted many MG seeds and grew them for about 5 days from planting to picking. By the end they were substantial sprouts of about 3-4in in length. 1/3 had leaves which had flattened out, the other 2/3 were still clasped into the shell.

Most were used for an extraction into sherry (that to follow) but 30 were cleaned of shells and rootballs cut off. I then proceeded to eat 15. I wanted to go slow as the setting was far from perfect and would rather get a taste then the full meal. Kinda glad I did.

I just ate them with water to chase, zero flavor. Tasted like any green, no bitterness. They smelled somewhat like cum though.

I tried taking notes but lost interest after an hour. The trip was notably different from all other MG experiences I’ve had. The closest to LSD for sure but there was still some major LSA action going on as I felt sedated and apathetic as well. (Two effects I associate heavily with LSA/ergine.)

I noticed some interesting dissociation. I tried going about my daily chores but as I tried to put away dishes it was like I had done a fat line of ketamine. I was crashing dishes into each other and eventually had to stop afraid I might break one.

Some increased music enhancement, dancing flowed from me in a way I hadn’t felt in awhile.

To be honest as I try to recollect the night I realize much of it is blank showing even more my dissociated state.

What I wasn’t expecting was the next morning, I woke in pretty bad shape mentally. Much of my current problems crashed over me like a ton of bricks, it almost resembled a Cocaine morning after. I hated life for the first half the day and was also still noticeably spaced out. By 24hrs later I was more or less cleared up.

My overall impressions, first off I’m surprised by the potency. I’d equate 15 sprouts to 1/8th a LSD dose I normally get (usually strong doses I think.) Normally I don’t like taking more than 1/4 dose LSD at home.

I overall felt a different alkaloid profile than just the seeds and extracts from seeds I’ve tried in the past. That said the LSA was still very much present and strong. Noticed slight vasoconstriction in my hams as well. I’d say the sprouts alone are worthwhile drug to try.

I’m hopeful the sherry acetaldehyde/LSA to LSH adduct works as advertised. Will report on that soon.

The one thing I’m really put off by was the next day comedown. It seemed almost exaggerated compared to the effects the night before. Why did I feel so rough? (Maybe set n setting..) Was it psychological or pharmacologically induced, or both? That’s the only aspect of this trip that could make me avoid these in the future if it doesn’t get figured out.

Thanks for reading. I’ll report here on the MG sherry tincture.

-GC

Last edited:
I've been trying MG since the 60's with no love :(, stopped somewhere back in the 80's. Hope you are onto something and am staying tuned for results.

edited: to correct tunes to tuned

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

Unfortunately no not yet but have been very curious to try it. I’ve planted them but I think my pot was too small and maybe too many plants in a pot for pods to form. It was also in very dry nearly desert like conditions.

Where I’m living now it’s much more morning glory friendly so I plan to get some going this spring. I also want more seeds for planting as well.

All my seed experiences have been either purchased in a store or online. Not sure on age but I think the freshest batch was probably the time I did the CWE and got some slight visuals.

To add! I forgot some things about the experience I’d like to put in now that I’ve thought on it more.

The trip had absolutely zero nausea unlike all other MG seed experiences, none whatsoever.

The comeup was anxiety inducing in a way similar to mushrooms, the experience itself had a distinct mushroom meets lysergamide vibe.

I was also very sleepy for much of it (LSA likely).

I can’t wait to try this sherry extract, I’m wondering if even one consumes LSH without acetaldehyde much of it still turns to LSA before it’s able to reach the brain. It seems so by all my experiences thus far but maybe fresh seeds right out the pod will change my thoughts on that.

-GC

I planted many MG seeds and grew them for about 5 days from planting to picking. By the end they were substantial sprouts of about 3-4in in length. 1/3 had leaves which had flattened out, the other 2/3 were still clasped into the shell.

Most were used for an extraction into sherry (that to follow) but 30 were cleaned of shells and rootballs cut off. I then proceeded to eat 15. I wanted to go slow as the setting was far from perfect and would rather get a taste then the full meal. Kinda glad I did.

I just ate them with water to chase, zero flavor. Tasted like any green, no bitterness. They smelled somewhat like cum though.
I did similar when I tried this, but after the fact did some reading that indicated that I might have had more success by eating the roots as well. Several labs have tested different parts of the plant, and after sprouting these alkaloids appear to be involved in preventing the formation of root nodules associated with nematodes. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7475712/) So the idea is that the plants concentrate alkaloids to avoid seed predation, then after sprouting alkaloid production ramps up in the roots. So the next thing on my list is to sprout seeds between paper towels and eat the whole thing. Been neglecting to try it, most of my recent trips have been THH+ small-ish amounts of cactus powder. (highly reccomended)

I did similar when I tried this, but after the fact did some reading that indicated that I might have had more success by eating the roots as well. Several labs have tested different parts of the plant, and after sprouting these alkaloids appear to be involved in preventing the formation of root nodules associated with nematodes. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7475712/) So the idea is that the plants concentrate alkaloids to avoid seed predation, then after sprouting alkaloid production ramps up in the roots. So the next thing on my list is to sprout seeds between paper towels and eat the whole thing. Been neglecting to try it, most of my recent trips have been THH+ small-ish amounts of cactus powder. (highly reccomended)

Well I didn’t cut off the root balls on the sherry extract, so hopefully that trip is better. You were the guy to get me wanting to try sprouts too btw.

I was kind of wondering if cutting off the roots was a bad idea, still seemed to work but I feel the alkaloid profile could’ve been better.

I’m hoping sometime in the next week or two I’ll try the sherry wine extract.

-GC

This is a great thread. I will say many many years ago I had a friend with a greenhouse (sort of like you all lol) and he was growing Coleus and had to cut them back every few weeks. To which I would take 50 or so leaves, chew and swallow (yuck) and one time I actually believed I felt a mild trip. That was when I went home to a darker room. The first few tries I was on the mud mounts dirt biking so I was not going to feel anything subtle.

Anyway my greenhouse friend planted a whole lot of morning glories on the side of the greenhouse. We forgot about them that summer. But that Nov we were throwing a football and the ball landed in the vines. That is when he said hey remember I planted these? So I picked off the pods with the seeds. The seeds were soft and mushy so had not hardened yet. So I took a handful of these soft fresh seeds. They also were not too bad tasting. They did not have that morning glory nausea taste. More like mashed potatoes. So I eat these seeds, we continue to throw the football. A half hour later I had to get home a started Teeerippping. That night I tripped very hard. In the dark hallucinations. You name it.

The sprouts sound like an excellent idea and I bet would be similar to fresh mushy seeds. I will revisit this thread as this type of info is pure gold

Look forward to hearing your sherry tincture one day G_Chem. Thanks for your report equaing 15 sprourts to 1/8th a hit of LSD. Similar to what brokendownpalace said, I use fresh seeds direct from the grower that have current lot numbers, there is a high amount of natural LSH in fresh seeds, but using LSH tek easily converts any leftover LSA to LSH (restoring previous high LSH glory).

With a 50 gram or 1750 seed tincture, since there is 10ug of LSH/LSA and 10ug of penniclavine per seed, I'm consuming around 17mg of stimulating and psychedelic penniclavine, 17mg of stimulating and psychedelic LSH, 3mg each of lysergol, 3mg chanoclavine and 3mg ergometrine (all also stimulating and psychedelic). Total = 43mg lysergic amide alkaloids combo. I store my lots of seeds in vacuum bag in freezer when not using, using a vacuum sealer.

G_chem said:
Well @tregar has been pushing this stuff for so long I felt I needed to revisit it. For some context on my history with morning glory/LSA…. I first tried it when I was just a teen, I think 15-16. I remember getting a ride from dad down to the greenhouse to pick up some seeds. Tried eating them raw and could only muscle down 100, didn’t feel shit.

Next was the CWE. Now this actually gave me something more akin to a trip. I took the CWE and dried it out in a dish to give an extract that I scraped up and used. I remember throwing up violently followed by slight visuals.

Then finally came the more technical experiments of which I’ve actually documented way back on DF. I’ve got a TEK over there. It’s involves defatting then extraction with methanol and evaporation, fairly standard. Problem is this will yield you pure LSA after the hydrolysis leaving a product that is psychoactive but lacking the trip we seek from something similar to LSD.

I put it aside for years not really thinking much of it but as time went on and I learned more about LSH it’s easy hydrolysis into LSA it started to make sense why certain things worked better than others.

Which brings us to the modern experiments. My first question I wanted answered was if morning glory sprouts were psychoactive and if they were maybe they could be LSH heavy.

I tried taking notes but lost interest after an hour. The trip was notably different from all other MG experiences I’ve had. The closest to LSD for sure but there was still some major LSA action going on as I felt sedated and apathetic as well. (Two effects I associate heavily with LSA/ergine.)

I noticed some interesting dissociation. I tried going about my daily chores but as I tried to put away dishes it was like I had done a fat line of ketamine. I was crashing dishes into each other and eventually had to stop afraid I might break one.

Some increased music enhancement, dancing flowed from me in a way I hadn’t felt in awhile.

To be honest as I try to recollect the night I realize much of it is blank showing even more my dissociated state.

What I wasn’t expecting was the next morning, I woke in pretty bad shape mentally. Much of my current problems crashed over me like a ton of bricks, it almost resembled a Cocaine morning after. I hated life for the first half the day and was also still noticeably spaced out. By 24hrs later I was more or less cleared up.

My overall impressions, first off I’m surprised by the potency. I’d equate 15 sprouts to 1/8th a LSD dose I normally get (usually strong doses I think.) Normally I don’t like taking more than 1/4 dose LSD at home.

I overall felt a different alkaloid profile than just the seeds and extracts from seeds I’ve tried in the past. That said the LSA was still very much present and strong. Noticed slight vasoconstriction in my hams as well. I’d say the sprouts alone are worthwhile drug to try.

I’m hopeful the sherry acetaldehyde/LSA to LSH adduct works as advertised. Will report on that soon.

The one thing I’m really put off by was the next day comedown. It seemed almost exaggerated compared to the effects the night before. Why did I feel so rough? (Maybe set n setting..) Was it psychological or pharmacologically induced, or both? That’s the only aspect of this trip that could make me avoid these in the future if it doesn’t get figured out.

Thanks for reading. I’ll report here on the MG sherry tincture.

-GC

From the wayback machine, 45 people case report on seed trips from 20 to 500 seeds: https://web.archive.org/web/20160313200928/http://www.lycaeum.org/diseyes/olo/glory.txt

From Charles Savage, Willis W. Harman and James Fadiman, Ipomoea purpurea: A Naturally Occurring Psychedelic
Medium Dose, 100-150 Seeds (22 Subjects)

In this range the effects resemble those reported for medium-dose (75-150
micrograms) LSD experiences, including spatial distortions, visual and
auditory hallucinations, intense imagery with eyes closed, synaesthesia and
mood elevation. These effects, which occur mainly during the period of 1 to 4
hours after ingestion, are typically followed by a period of alert calmness
which may last until the subject goes to sleep.

High Dose, 200-500 Seeds (12 Subjects)

In this range the first few hours may resemble the medium-dose effects
described above. However, there is usually a period during which the
subjective states are of a sort not describable in terms of images or
distortions, states characterized by loss of ego boundaries coupled with
feelings of euphoria and philosophical insight. These seem to parallel the
published descriptions of experiences with high doses (200-500 micrograms) of
LSD given in a supportive, therapeutic setting as reported by Sherwood et al.
(1962).

All the subjects who had previous experience with LSD claimed the effects of
the seeds were similar to those of LSD.

I'm taking a 50 gram or 1750 seed sherry wine tincture tonight all by itself together along with 250mg of pure THH or tetrahydroharmine, will report trip report here later on page 5, it's been 10 days since taking anything : https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/ze...d-on-2022-lsh-study-natural-lsd.921681/page-5

Here is a pic of 50 gram seed zero nausea sherry wine tincture, after it sat in fridge for 5 hours, decanted off the tincture (seen on right) from the mud at the bottom (seen on left), drinking it around 3pm, off today and tomorrow.

11.28.2022 trip.JPG

11.27 prep of 50g seeds, directions:

1) 25g of heavenly blue MG seeds (875 seeds or 35 seeds per gram) from grower was hammered in between a folded over paper plate using hammer, then ground in a coffee grinder for 10 second pulses x 4 times, then finely ground seed dust added to a 1/2 pint tall jar with 2.5 shots cold sherry wine + 20mg dl tartaric acid + less than 1/4 shot cold everclear (around 5 to 7 ml everclear to up the alcohol content slightly, use can also use whiskey which is high in acetaldehyde instead).

Used only a lamp on in garage while hammering and grinding, once seed dust added to solution, then it is stable to light, as the DL tartaric acid forms stable salts in solution. Use only DL tartaric acid from himedia or *mazon or *bay, not L-tartaric acid, the D-form is the preferred active salt isomer for LSD and these amides. Sherry wine contains the highest acetaldehyde content of all wines, hence it's ripe apple woody smell.

2) repeated step #1 using 25g more seeds + another second 1/2 pint tall jar prepared exactly just like above.

3) shook both jars for 1 to 2 minutes in left and right hand, as we want the leftover LSA to collide with the acetaldehyde in the wine (10mg per each shot of sherry) to form LSH via attraction and condensation reaction. LSA proven to form LSH in fermented liquor in all papers linked to in post #1, Arcamone 1961, Austinn 1994. Also see Chiruta, 2022 on amide formation with aldehydes, post #1.

4) put both jars in fridge to sit for 5 minutes, shake again 30 seconds each, then let sit for 10 minutes, filter as usual thru fine wire coffee wire filter sitting on a glass, filters fast in only 2 minutes. Press down with spoon to get all the liquid out. Throw spent mush away on the filter into garbabe.

5) Put both fine wire coffee filtered 1/2 pint jars in fridge to sit for at least 5 hours.

6) Decant the solution above the tiny layer of mud at bottom, this contains all the zero nausea actives, combine both clear dark solutions into 1 jar and drink or store in freezer to use at a later date, to use pull out of freezer night before, it will be defrosted in morning, ready to use.

5) done with 50 grams or 1750 seed total extract, remember to shake for 30 seconds to 1 minute before you drink to guarantee LSH adduct formation. We also shook jars around 1 to 2 minutes way back in the beginning.

I always combine solution with 150 to 250mg pure home made THH or tetrahydroharmine, ie "psychedelic amplifier" this amount tincture gives an experience similar to 600mg mescaline, very potent, duration 8 hours. Do not use this many seeds if you are a beginner (stick with 25g or less), I am very experienced, having used this tincture in combo with THH countless times over 8 months. I've taken a shit load of psychedelics (cactus tea x 200 times, lsd x 100 times, Ayahuasca x 80 times over 2 decades) and this is one of the very best psychedelics, no less powerful than high dose LSD.

Last edited:
I wish you much luck with the sprout experiments G_chem.

After much experimentation with the seed extract from 25 to 40grams, I have all but given up...I noticed a sedating quality to the tincture each time that really pissed me off, much prefer LSD to the extract.

I am done with MG experimentation. I have returned to only using my bridgesii cacti grow stash and paneoleus cyanescens grow and LSD, which I have used for decades. I can recommend pan cyans in combo with 150 to 250mg pure tetrahydroharmine, gives an experience that is extremely euphoric, intensely visual and spiritual, a lot like LSD when combined with the THH, one of my absolute favorites of all time.

1) bridgesii 600 gram to 800 gram pieces from around the core tea, 350 to 450mg plus mescaline in the tea = 11 out of 10

2) panaeolus cyanescens mushrooms in combo with 150 to 250mg THH, 6 hour incredible experience = 11 out of 10

3) LSD with bridgesii cactus combo = 11 out of 10

4) oral 200mg harmine + 200mg oral THH + sublingual under the tongue DMT, can re-dose under the tongue dmt every hour up to 3 hours = 11 out of 10

I tried a cold water extract one standard pack of garden shop seeds definitely altered not really a trip though then some guy on Twitter or trans rather mentioned a shamanic method of chewing and swallowing raw. Or I mean I ground them in a coffee grinder and held the mound of powdered seed sublingual for twenty minutes then swallowed my last attmept. My last experience, extreme vomiting. Nausea so strong you worried if the next puke might be your last.

The trip was mild. I can't write it off yet I don't think I have attempted a worthy extraction at a powerful dose but my prior trials have me leaving them untouched no future plans...

I tried a cold water extract one standard pack of garden shop seeds definitely altered not really a trip though then some guy on Twitter or trans rather mentioned a shamanic method of chewing and swallowing raw. Or I mean I ground them in a coffee grinder and held the mound of powdered seed sublingual for twenty minutes then swallowed my last attmept. My last experience, extreme vomiting. Nausea so strong you worried if the next puke might be your last.

The trip was mild. I can't write it off yet I don't think I have attempted a worthy extraction at a powerful dose but my prior trials have me leaving them untouched no future plans...
I first tried Morning Glory when I was about 16. I had just moved to a new state and had no connections for a while. I did "seed pack" seeds, about 100, and was deathly ill. Vomiting, diarrhea, sitting on the toilet with a pot to vomit in on my lap. When I tried it again ( :) ), the same thing. Very mild effects both times.

Then I read there was a "poison on store bought seeds to discourage consumption", although later I read it was a fungicide. Said you could wash it off.

So I washed seeds from the same store, same rack, and tried them. Got your typical 1/4 hit of acid accompanied by extreme lethargy. They worked. There was some nausea, but nothing like unwashed seeds. It was good enough that I did that 5-6 more times until I could finally get some 'cid.

I find this interesting,
I would consider sprouting them and eating those sprouts for sure.
hydroponically - roots and all!

Please ignore that last post, I was suffering from severe Mountain cedar and mold allergies when I wrote that, and was tripping at same time I was sick and taking a sedating allergy med, big mistake, that's why I felt overly tired, and have been working 1 day of overtime every week for months on end, and it all caught up to me, fatigued from the overworking as well. My past experiences were never that sedating. Plus I did not take it with a light dose of other stimulating psychedelic like LSD or cactus tea like I normally do.

I dont regret any of this, as I went back to taking plain LSD without the morning glory extract, and it sucks! The only way I will take LSD from now on is with the liquid extract, it adds untold dimensions to the experience.

I even add it to my 500 gram bridgesii tea, by taking it 1 hour later with or without pure 150 to 250mg pure THH....it makes the music sound WAY better, colors are richer and super saturated, euphoria is greater, visuals are flowing and not choppy...

super strong tracers, much deeper healing head space, extends trip longer...I always keep 1 to 2 jars on standby frozen in the freezer to add from 25 to 40 grams zero nausea extract to either my LSD or cactus tea.....

very profound experience with the extract, not at all the same without it, makes the cactus feel more like 800 gram tea, and makes the LSD much deeper visual and music enhancing experience.....highy recommend. The cactus tea or LSD will counteract any minor sedation from the seeds...I've used the MG extract for over 9 months now, and it's super profound when added to light doses of other psychedelics.

I always keep pounds of fresh seeds from the supplier around for this reason, never trip without it again, it makes a super huge difference to include it always.

The extract hits 6 adrenal receptors beyond even LSD...this is what I believe makes the major difference. These receptors are implicated in music, beauty and aesthetic enhancement.

I've had experiences where I've added 40gram MG tincture to 3 hits of LSD and it made it one of the most powerful experiences of my entire life, and I've tripped hundreds of times...it made it feel very similar to a high dose cactus experience...super profound.

Best music drug imho next to cactus, mind blowing music enhancement, dream come true. Very sexual and super euphoric as well.

One tip: drop the 1/4 shot of everclear or whiskey and just use straight up 3 to 3.5 shots of cold sherry wine with added 40mg DL tartaric acid, the added tiny bit of liquor is not needed.

Pic 1: Here is a pic of 50 gram seed zero nausea sherry wine tincture, after it sat in fridge for 5 hours, decanted off the tincture (seen on right) from the mud at the bottom (seen on left), freeze and defrost overnight the day before you trip, by adding it to a light dose of any stimulating psychedelic like LSD or cactus (1 hour after drinking cactus tea).

Pic 2: From "Plants of the gods": Hallucinogenic nectar appears to flow from the blossoms of the morning glory plant, and "disembodied eyes" and birds are other stylistic features associated with the intoxication. An ancient Indian Mother Goddess and her priestly attendants with a highly stylized vine of Ololiuqui, in one of the murals from Teotihuacan, Mexico, dated about A.D. 500.

mg drink.PNG Aztec mg.PNG

Last edited:
Fresh seeds ftw.

If they're selling them at your local hardware store, chances are they're being grown locally. Check your public garden spaces, your friends' back yards, etc.

Chewy instead of hard -- no soaking / extraction necessary.
Free instead of cheap
Local instead of not
Effective instead of maybe