View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Morning glory seeds when to harvest

benzoboss

Bluelighter
Hey i just plsnted some morning glorys in my garden.
When can i harvest the seeds and how?

In the Fall when all the leaves have browned and the vines have those little pods with the seeds in them. If you get them at the right time, a little soft before they get hard, they are quite potent. Nothing like it.

Forgot 1 thing.
Its ipomoea purpurea
Is the dosage the same as whit ipomoea tricolor?

I believe they are all the same strength and really the same species, although growing up I got it in my head that Pearly Whites were the strongest, then Heavenly Blue, then Tri Color. But really, I would imagine they are all the same. I have had good results from all those types especially if I grew them myself.

Growing your own Morning Glories is a great way to learn what they have to teach. And the few times I got the pods when the seeds were soft they were tasteless and very strong. 150-200 was full blown.

500? 600? Depends how far up the vines climb. They climb fast and spread out very well.

Nice i made a 2 tipi's from it whit bamboo sticks whit 10 plants so i will have enoug ?.

The thing about Morning Glories and other LSA containing seeds is 6 months to a year later they lose potency. I am not sure what exactly happens but the fresher the better. I had a friend that had vines of HBWS in Florida and sent me seed pods he picked. Put it this way, I am very glad I only did 3 of the fresh HBWS. Yet a year later people take 10-15 HBWS but they are for sure less potent and no way near as LSD like when they are fresh.

I do think if a person really likes these natural sacraments that a fresh Morning Glory trip is up there with a good cactus or mushroom trip. It should be experienced fresh like that.

^^^

In my experience, the baby woodrose seeds do lose potency quite rapidly. The nature of the high also changes with time, fresh seeds being psychedelic and uplifting, older seeds are more narcotic in action with little mind expanding properties.....basically a yucky intense body high/load with little entheogenic properties.

On the other hand, I have found the heavenly blue seeds retain their potency for a long time and the nature of the high does not change with age.

Strange....but that is what I have noted over the years.

^Interesting MGS. I admit I have done older morning glory seeds but never heavenly blue. I may have to experiment and try some older seed I have. I can't utilize these seeds much and have gotten a nice cold water extraction down but it is still harder to do than just taking a tab. lol But I do love the visuals and trip of fresh seeds.

But yes, after a few months those really fresh HBWS lost potency. Then I got another fresh batch and the difference was apparent.

I like the fact that any can grow some of these seeds in their garden and at harvest time can get a righteous psychedelic experience for those it treats well. Other than a little nausea that goes away with some cannabis the body aspect is light for me.

^Interesting MGS. I admit I have done older morning glory seeds but never heavenly blue. I may have to experiment and try some older seed I have. I can't utilize these seeds much and have gotten a nice cold water extraction down but it is still harder to do than just taking a tab. lol But I do love the visuals and trip of fresh seeds.

But yes, after a few months those really fresh HBWS lost potency. Then I got another fresh batch and the difference was apparent.

I like the fact that any can grow some of these seeds in their garden and at harvest time can get a righteous psychedelic experience for those it treats well. Other than a little nausea that goes away with some cannabis the body aspect is light for me.
Haha i did hbwr once took 8 seeds (a friend told me to take 15 ?).
Was a bad trip becouse of the naussea probably.
I will do a cwe next time and take less.

I planted a bunch of myself in the ground all around the house this year. Look forward to returning home in the fall. I bet its been at least 17 years since I tripped on myself.