• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Moringa oleifera, Another “Superfood”

G_Chem

Moderator: OD
Staff member
Here’s another one marketed recently as a superfood that gives “natural” energy. Just like Maca though I’m willing to bet the stimulation comes from constituents present like alkaloids over its nutrient density.

I’ve tried it a number of times now along with my coffee and alone, and I do feel a mild but noticeable stimulation that comes from it. I’ve experimented by adding it to the coffee during brewing to see if the active components are water soluble and they seem to be. Indicating to me we might be looking at psychoactive alkaloids in the mix.

The best way to describe the effect is a light (on the level of Maca or lower doses of coffee) stimulation that is felt in the head and actually clears the mind better than coffee. It’s longer lasting than coffee but shorter acting than Maca.

I’ve found it’s also majorly reducing my cravings for coffee on the off days. Not sure the mechanism there. I’ve only used it less than 10times so many more experiences to come.

It’s definitely not in your face, more of a chill stimulation but nonetheless it does help one get up and at the day.

Anyone here ever tried the stuff?

“Moringa oleifera leaves extract restores mono amine levels of brain, which may be useful in Alzheimer’s disease.”

“The aim of this study was to determine the effect of M. oleifera aqueous leaf extract on motor and behavioral activities of healthy mice…The extract (400 mg/kg) caused a reduction in exploration activity and neuro-muscular coordination, and decreased the mobility time in the FST, suggesting an antidepressant-like action. Motor activity was not significantly affected by any of the doses used. The results suggest that the plant aqueous extract may have a dose-dependent central nervous system (CNS) depressant action.”

(GC Note: While many articles including the quoted above seem to surmise its a depressant notice how they also find motor activity was NOT effected.)

M. oleifera (MO). MO (350mg/kg) caused inhibition of awareness, touch response, motor activity, righting reflex, and grip strength. It significantly increased the PB sleeping time, serum 5-HT level (P<0.001) and α-wave activity.”

(GC Note: This one shows increased serotonin levels compared to controls.)

-GC

Here’s another one marketed recently as a superfood that gives “natural” energy. Just like Maca though I’m willing to bet the stimulation comes from constituents present like alkaloids over its nutrient density.

I’ve tried it a number of times now along with my coffee and alone, and I do feel a mild but noticeable stimulation that comes from it. I’ve experimented by adding it to the coffee during brewing to see if the active components are water soluble and they seem to be. Indicating to me we might be looking at psychoactive alkaloids in the mix.

The best way to describe the effect is a light (on the level of Maca or lower doses of coffee) stimulation that is felt in the head and actually clears the mind better than coffee. It’s longer lasting than coffee but shorter acting than Maca.

I’ve found it’s also majorly reducing my cravings for coffee on the off days. Not sure the mechanism there. I’ve only used it less than 10times so many more experiences to come.

It’s definitely not in your face, more of a chill stimulation but nonetheless it does help one get up and at the day.

Anyone here ever tried the stuff?

“Moringa oleifera leaves extract restores mono amine levels of brain, which may be useful in Alzheimer’s disease.”

“The aim of this study was to determine the effect of M. oleifera aqueous leaf extract on motor and behavioral activities of healthy mice…The extract (400 mg/kg) caused a reduction in exploration activity and neuro-muscular coordination, and decreased the mobility time in the FST, suggesting an antidepressant-like action. Motor activity was not significantly affected by any of the doses used. The results suggest that the plant aqueous extract may have a dose-dependent central nervous system (CNS) depressant action.”

(GC Note: While many articles including the quoted above seem to surmise its a depressant notice how they also find motor activity was NOT effected.)

M. oleifera (MO). MO (350mg/kg) caused inhibition of awareness, touch response, motor activity, righting reflex, and grip strength. It significantly increased the PB sleeping time, serum 5-HT level (P<0.001) and α-wave activity.”

(GC Note: This one shows increased serotonin levels compared to controls.)

-GC
Don't think I've come across it. I'll keep my eyes out for it though.

Don't think I've come across it. I'll keep my eyes out for it though.

Ya don’t expect to be wowed but it’s worth trying no doubt, cheap too. I think I may add it to my coffee/Maca blend when I go out dancing. I’ve been using 1/2-1tsp often mixed with coffee.

-GC

Mate or Guayusa are imo fine as Caffein providers. Guarana is the king though.

Any clue what's the stimulating substance that gives it its stimulating properties?

Maca seemed more like an placebo super food.

Mate or Guayusa are imo fine as Caffein providers. Guarana is the king though.

Any clue what's the stimulating substance that gives it its stimulating properties?

Maca seemed more like an placebo super food.

Maca is very legit, I get the impression one of two things happens with it. Either certain individuals are susceptible to the effects or it’s a batch thing.

I remember getting Maca from Trader Joe’s that said a serving size was a tablespoon and my little brother nearly had a panic attack cuz he followed the dosing guidelines.

It’s not euphoric at all so if that’s what your seeking you won’t often find it unless combined with other stimulants. It hits mostly on NE with some DA as well but light on the DA. It’s most noticed when you have some with a cup of coffee or Amphetamine and notice you still feel stimulated 6-8hrs later.

My favorite use of Maca is as a dance drug though. Pretty much every time I go out dancing Maca is part of the mix, it gets me more into the music than just caffeine, Amphetamine, and alcohol alone. It adds a certain richness and depth that makes me want to go extra hard on the dance floor. Plus it makes for a better libido once home too ;)

So back to Moringa, I do notice the less desire for coffee again this morning after using yesterday. Idk not sure how to describe the effects but the stimulation is like that of 5-MAPB, not forceful. (And please note I’m in no way comparing Moringa to 5-MAPB beyond the similarity in the way they stimulate, the level of stimulation.)

-GC

What available info I could find def defines it as at least as a all purpose tree/ small tree, superfood. But Cabbbage is also one of em without having any stimulating properties. But from Moringa every part seems consumable. Imo a good thing.

It is also used as filter to purify water ( takes out 98 % of the pollution according to the Dutch Wiki).
Amazing plant, I will have to do some research on it. But in general it looks like a good addition to ones diet. But why it would be stimulating is still a clue to me.

Edit: very useful plant

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00344-022-10630-4

Last edited: