• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Morals of "Drugs?"

psychonautcasper

Greenlighter
So Im sitting here a little high off that sweet sweet cannabis concentrate (dabs) and I finally came to a conclusion. I also have done dxm, nitrous, and drank a few times. I wish I could try lsd and more psychedelics. Learn more about myself and the world. I have a constant mental battle in my head about doing these drugs. I dont know how to explain it but I realized it was a moral dilemma. I feel as if are these drugs "safe" even though i know they are. I have done lots of research about a variety of drugs and I know what is safe and isnt for the body and psychologically safe. Some are, some arent. I want to drop acid. I always think about it. I was a catholic school raised kid from pre-k to 8th grade. Drugs never even interested me until end of freshman year of highschool. In my time in catholic school I was that 24/7 athletic competative kid. Also I grew up under drugs are bad. Say no to drugs! Hahahaha Im remembering back to 3rd grade and making signs in class, and learning about how bad drugs are. Hahaha makes me laugh. The education system feeding false in formation. So when I started smoking weed, I wasnt even thinking about this. Till i started to do more or want to do more I read many things, ins and outs of doing acid for example. It really is safe physically, I dont have schizophrenzia, and as long as you stay positive and happy the likelyhood of a bad trip is very low. Bad trips also teach you lessons too about yourself. Physically safe, mentally safe if your ready for it. I know its not bad but in the back of my head, my anxiety, is most likely built from catholic school saying drugs are bad. So my dilemma is, and this is why im here. Are "drugs" really "bad?" I feel morally maybe. I dont know why. Like your parents dont want you to do that shit. Then again, parents are ignorant in some cases. Are drugs bad? The whole stigma thrown at you 24/7 bad bad bad? Obviously with addiction and such drugs are bad. But in short term are they at all considerably bad? if you get the real deal, yeah its bad if you get sold an Rc over acid. Maybe thats the reason why its considered bad? Are drugs actually good? Cannabis helps me with problems, so thats good? I dont know loooool. But if you get the real deal its good? Maybe "drugs" are just really neutral. This is a constant battle in my head. Maybe in yours too? Boy i am an overthinker ahahaha.

Ima just leave it at that and see what you people gotta say. Cheers!

Are drugs bad? Well, that depends on the drug and the reasons you're using the drug.

LSD, though? I'd recommend doing it if you're open to it.

Anything can be negative in excess. For me are drugs bad though? No, but I choose to stay away from the heroin and meth. Have I tried them before? Yes.

A little weed once a month or so, good psychedelic trip once or twice a year, less than a mg of a benzo in the evening, and my adderall for when I want a little edge at work, drink once or twice a week, and life is pretty smooth sailing lol.

If I find myself wanting to take more benzo on a stressful day or whatever I'll just check myself and usually shut that shit down pretty quick.

Drug use can be moral, but it raises thousands of little moral questions to be delt with day to day. Can be hard sometimes to take two very similar grays and pick which is darker, insisting that one is totally black and one is totally white is asinine.
LSD can give you an experience of thousands of hyper intense heavens and or hells, and the reasonable explanation of all that splendor, grime and noise is that all of it is all in your head, yet left with a faith in something you cannot define. Sometimes LSD does not lead to moral acts, sometimes it does...it really is just a drug you know?
Drugs do not excuse bad behavior, yet many times drugs encourage bad behavior. When you loosen your inhibitions you are still responsible for any reckless actions. When you become desperate, and the temptation to wrong your fellow man is strong, it is still wrong to give in.

Dude, your question is right up there with "To be or not to be". You could go on for hours on end about the morals of almost anything really. Seems to me that when you smoke pot, your brain goes on overdrive. Next time, step very slowly....away from your keyboard...don't think about it...just move away. I'm just playin' with you but really, you do seem to overthink things just a little bit. I did enjoy reading your post though.

I'm sorry, but based upon how poorly your OP was written and what it said before I quit reading it, I would have to say that the LAST thing you need is to drop LSD. It would only make you a statistic as another young acid casualty. Luckily, you will probably never find real acid.

No drug is inherently bad or good, it's all about how it is used. Opioids are certainly addicitve and many people have bad experiences with them... but to somebody suffering from chronic pain they are a godsend. Cannabis is arguably one of the safest drugs that we know, but still some people develop a serious psychological dependence.

Life is about living and experiencing things. There was a time where I would have stated something like "it exists as an experience there for i should experience it for i am existing now" I have since come to find, after struggling with heroin and crack, that maybe it is better put as "those which will have a positive impact on my existence or function are what i should be experiencing"

It is hard to formulate into words but i feel that by using the power of reasoning to determine what is going to have a positive impact on us we can better ourselves. As humans we have the unique ability to think logically and apply that logic to situations, to do everything just because you feel you should as you exist for such a finite time is flawed logic and is thus not what you should strive to do. I know its not an exact answer on morality, which is a human concept and can not be applied to inanimate objects (at least in my mind) so what you are truly trying to ask is, "are all experiences worth my efforts" to that the answer is no.

Last edited:
To an extent: It's not what drugs you do...but what you do when high on drugs.

I've come to the conclusion that drugs, for their own sake, is a dead end street for me. I've had the experiences. Done enough for their own sake. Am too old for that now. Anything that doesn't carry over into some kind of practical benefit once I've come down (whether it was a 4 hour rest for my brain or, etc) is a non starter for me now.

If the bible has taught me anything it's that I'm going to hell with or without this spliff and line of Coke

I think that drugs have been demonized. Drugs are no more good or bad than any other object in the world. It is all in how and why they are used. They can be destructive or constructive. It is all in how you use them. I would recommend keeping a low profile, most people have been very effectively brain washed and view drugs negatively due to media stigma.