L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Moral and ethical perspectives toward pursuing sex with 1st cousin

BornAgainYogi

Bluelighter
To begin with my intentions are good. I don't want to do anything which compromises trust or hurts feelings. My moral compass is split fifty fifty on this so some insight would be much appreciated. We've gotten pretty far in seductive acts like eye gazing, sexual innuendo, playful touching but also other more plutonic things. She's similar to me and I honestly feel if I'm having these thoughts so is she and then both of us may just be caught up in this web of paralysis by analysis unless one of us takes the first step. We grew up apart from each other and I've only seen her a handful of times as a kid. She has traits and physical features I'm very much attracted to and I know she feels the same way since she's told me.
I really want to explore this route with her sort of like a tantric practice into the taboo and see what comes up. She's a few years younger than me. I feel like I'm mature enough to handle this easily enough because I've been through a lot but am concerned with her mental fortitude. Please no judgments but rather constructive perspectives please :).

Can't you find someone who is not your first cousin, or who is not related to you, who is a woman you're attracted to that wants to do tantric stuff? I'm not really sure what tantric stuff you are describing but I'm sure you can find other women into it?

Don't have sex with your cousin. I would not even tell her that you thought about this or anything as she will probably find it really creepy/weird? Or she may tell other family members you wanted to seduce her and have sex with her?

Last edited:
Do you man. With that being said their are plenty of fish in the sea and your family most likely wont think kindly to it. You might be in more of a lust situation here.

What's her dad...i mean your uncle gonna say to you if he finds out?

Last edited:
I wouldn't want a long standing relationship just want to explore this sexual avenue a handful of times. I'd be hard pressed to believe I'm the only one who gave something like this a thought.

I'm sure many people have thought about it, very few act on it. Think with your head not your umm, yeah...

Morally I don't see anything wrong with consensual incest among adults provided contraception is used. Even then there are very few complications noted among 1st generation inbred children.
Unfortunately the biggest problem here is that you not only have to worry about your own morality, but you have to think about hers as well and how people will look at you and your relationship. Would you keep it hidden? Would you move away where no one actually knows that you're closely related and where your family doesn't know that you're involved? What would be your excuse for living together?

Edit:
I wouldn't want a long standing relationship just want to explore this sexual avenue a handful of times. I'd be hard pressed to believe I'm the only one who gave something like this a thought.

Ah, gotchya. Well The first line pretty much sums up my opinion on the matter; sexual or romantic.

i just don't think its worth the risk of another family member finding out.

i get that it is a big fantasy, but you have no idea how she will act after you guys have sex, or if any worry would be worth a few hours of ecstacy

You say you think you are mature enough. If you don't mind me asking, how old are you and how old is she?

Incest is illegal and taboo/generally looked down upon for a reason.

You can't un-ring that bell so be damn sure you're both ready for any potential consequences should you choose to proceed.

This^

and

It should be a given: DO NOT HAVE SEX WITH YOUR COUSIN. I don't care how hot she is. Just don't. Bad idea for a whole lot of reasons.

out of self preservation, give it a miss. if this gets out there's going to be no end of shit for both you and her. you're going to come off looking worse though, since youre the older of the two.

just no! have a wank or a cold shower.

1 - I am in the camp "DON'T DO IT".
2 - Consenting adult Incest is NOT illegal in all states or countries. NJ is one of those, at least.
3 - As adults, even less a reason to do it... its a taboo turn-on. But hey, its your call... don't recommend you get caught. Of course, a sex-fling is easy to hide... you fuck, get your clothes on and continue life.
4 - incest is common with young teens, especially in rural areas or limited access to other people to "experiment" with. This is fairly common with twins or those in very close age to each other because of a trust level built and raging hormones. They usually grow out of it around age 15.

Ight well everyone seems to be saying it's not worth it and I can see why. I'll just forget the fantasy all together and leave it at that. I might tell her (in a non-creepy way) if I ever feel I have and the situation arises just because I don't believe in hiding feelings.

I'd say yolo and do it. However!, there is too much of a social stigma around it to make it worth it.... Sorry

Well just keep in mind you could really ruin your relationship with your cousin and family if you have sex with your cousin.

It was acceptable a couple hundred years ago but now it is downright illegal and well if you are a religious person I don't think I need to elaborate.

I guess just ask yourself if it is worth it.

I would not do it. My cousins are like sisters to me and I could not fathom the thought of it.

Also I could not imagine my life without my cousins in it because I love them (not it the way you do) and I don't have much family that even speaks to me so I cherish the friendship, bond, love, and support we give one another. I don't know why you would want to fuck that up over a sexual fantasy.

My personal moral compass has a few concerns.

If she's a cousin you grew up with, you need to tread very carefully. Growing up with someone creates a very precarious power dynamic. This is someone you've grown with, that you look to for support, that you want support and acceptance from. It's very easy to exploit that dynamic, and to cause unintended emotional harm and trauma to someone who just wants you to love, accept, and cherish them.

I'm especially concerned because you want it to only be a fling, a few times here and there - but what does she want? It's a hard question to answer. Is she responding to your flirtations because she thinks the same way you do, or because she's romantically interested in you, or because she thinks this is what you need to adore her?

There are a lot of questions when considering banging a cousin. Everything that can go wrong in any other relationship can go wrong here, with drastically worse consequences.

^yup same concerns I had and I guess realistically too much uncertainty to risk any of it. I've been impulsive in the past before and seen where that gets me so I pay much closer attention to my actions now...

@Dopemaster I know what you mean by having little family members to rely on, I'm very good friends with her older sister who I'm not attracted to sexually. I guess I'll just try and steer her younger sister and I in more that direction.

@priesttheycalledhim I did say only if I had to but she'll probably see my change in attitude and follow suite so it won't be nessecary.

Thanks people I know this is a strange subject but I like strange soooo.... :D PLUR

Last edited:
I've done it since I was 12 or 13. I knew one of my cousins, we were friends. I was about 13, he was about 12. Our age was within a 6-month diff. We were hanging out after a birthday party, late at night, both on our laptops playing games. I was really horny and started to touch him. He got hard, I got really wet, we went up to my bedroom and fucked. It was both of our first times. We still sometimes have threesomes with my girlfriend. We are still good friends and nobody knows.

Last edited: