View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mood swings after LSD

harmonicaa

Greenlighter
Hello everybody. Had terrible bad trip involving LSD (tripped twice previously). Unable to go to sleep for 2.5 days following the trip and had to be administered antipsychotics by a local psychatric ward.

Smoked previous to the trip weed for about 6 months every other day but have stopped now entirely.

Felt different following the trip and felt confusion regarding OP but mentally stable. 6 days ago felt like having sudden panic attack and since felt more "unnormal" than after the bad trip. Feel heavy mood swings that can only be controlled by rigorous excerise or meditation. Difficulty falling asleep on a daily basis. Lost much apetite. Sudden feeling of losing grip of reality and a feeling of inpending personal doom and lifelessness, a sudden loss of control of OP. Don't know if psychosomastic or not.

No history of psychic illness in OP or in family.

The situation is managable but need some help on what to do or maybe others stories on recovery. Feel as if situation is out of OP control

Thanks for any and all answers

Sorry. OP stands for Original Poster. The person who created the thread is the OP.

Ok - it is an odd turn of phrase - you can say me, or my family, which is also simpler and honest.
anyway, honesty is key. and simplicity is the easier choice if you have one.

there is no normal and never was. but you can relax when faced with decisions and it sounds like you know how.
if you can steer and function using meditation and devoted personal application then you are way ahead of the crowd.

you may be more aware of how life is unsatisfactory than the average person is, but you are a full person.

more than that I cannot guess, from 2 comments on a forum.

Sorry again. It is just that my mood sporradicly goes between this nilhilistic almost clastrophobic mindset (I feel sometimes this triggers when I enter new enviorments i.e. my home as I become uncomfortable with the space I'm in) to a completely happy and euphoric mindset. I feel that I can sort of bring out the latter with excerise and meditation but the feeling only stays with me for so long.

Sleep has become very difficult since the panic attack. I can be in a tired mood when it is bedtime but it is as if I cannot relax and so I stay awake. Last night I was attempting to fall asleep until 4 AM and then I just gave up.

25-30 minutes of mindfullness meditation following audio instructions.

I am imaginging I am having some sort of PTSD that set off from my panic attack, but I can't for the life of me figure out what I am afraid of. I'm afraid it is something within me subconciously that I cannot cling off from. Is it the new "me" that I am afraid of? I'm stuck with these loops in my head and it is giving me no rest.

I'm just constantly having this ache in my stomach and in my heart. It almost feels chemical. It is as if I just got startled but it is constant. It is making me nosious.

i think anxiety can cause a lot of unexplained physical maladies, without there actually being anything 'wrong' with you, physiologically.

i know i've been a bit grumpy in the days after an acid trip before, but i've always put it down to how exhausting tripping can be.
when you're tired and sleep deprived, mood swings are pretty common in my experience. it could be nothing deeper and more serious than that, but over-analysing it can make it seem a whole lot more serious and permanent.

not to sound dismissive - but i think if you do some things to take your mind off how you are feeling, you may find that it simply resolves itself.
i hope so :)