• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Month lockdown for England

The last 2 days its been the busiest out ive seen it in weeks, all over the place, on the roads, in town, in parks, beach, even cycle tracks all packed! Seems more like a lock-OUT if you ask me.
People here arent taking it seriously at all, haven't been for a while tbh, shops have ditched the one way systems, hardly anyones wearing a mask in shops let alone walking around town, pubs etc all open, big gatherings of homeless/drinkers sat in town center, police nowhere to be seen.

no pubs/cafes/restaurants are open near me

I'd bettter go out for a walk in the park before it gets dark. I'm going crazy stuck indoors all day. See you later

Yeh, this 'lockdown' is a pale imitation of the first one. I loved the first lockdown because I was still working but getting around was so much easier. Empty roads and empty towns - bliss. So I was looking forward to more of the same this time. But I can't see any difference at all this time.

at least in the summer lockdown you could spend time outside, but this time it's going to be cold and dark most of the time

Only difference I can see is pubs, restaurants and few shops are shut. Roads just as busy, local Costa drive through was queuing out the car park today which seems somewhat odd, guess people are desperate to do whatever they can justify as 'essential'. Really is lock down lite this time.

Furlough has aparantly been extended until March so it looks like it could be on for longer than just a month 🤔

I dgaf, its delaying me starting my community service haha.

Those who don't have financial issues are good to roll. I am actually glad because yesterday I've just finished Metro: Exodus on Ranger mode -- had more creative time for myself.

^ I've been blasting through Gears of War Tactics. I can't help feel it's a rip off of Xcom2, same base game, different graphics/cut scenes.

They're on about extending it, and considering furlough is till March, lockdown might be till March, or will be back for a 3rd time after Christmas till March

It still doesn't seem to be making a difference round my way, its actually still busier than before, plus no one is wearing masks, shops aren't even telling people to put them on lol

Luckily in Denver people take the mask mandate pretty seriously. Pretty much CO in general, except for the some of the more conservative areas such as the Springs. Our state has done a pretty good job at enforcing CDC standards.

Most people are wearing masks in shops, a few in town wear them in the open but not many but if it's outside you don't need to wear one, we have covid marshals walking the streets asking why your out and stopping cars asking where you're going

I’m in the US and my city went back to many of the COVID restrictions yesterday that we were seeing in May - July. We must wear masks outside of our property of course, that hasn’t changed. But now restaurants are only takeout again, bars are all closed, and hair and nail salons have to perform all services outside. I got a pedicure in a bucket while sitting in an office chair outside in the parking lot a few months ago and I hated it so I got my mani-pedi on Thursday before the new (old) restrictions were back in effect.

Today there was an article in our paper stating that many restaurants plan to ignore the restrictions and allow patrons inside with lots of room in between tables. There were also people outside by my local shopping center yesterday holding signs saying “Keep Businesses Open, Save Jobs”, and one dude was holding up a timely sign saying “Vote Republican!”

It still doesn't seem to be making a difference round my way, its actually still busier than before, plus no one is wearing masks, shops aren't even telling people to put them on lol
Same here
Luckily in Denver people take the mask mandate pretty seriously. Pretty much CO in general, except for the some of the more conservative areas such as the Springs. Our state has done a pretty good job at enforcing CDC standards.
I wonder why the more conservative areas are so against basic safety measures such as wearing masks, aren't they supposed to be the kind of people who likes law and order and following the rules?
Most people are wearing masks in shops, a few in town wear them in the open but not many but if it's outside you don't need to wear one, we have covid marshals walking the streets asking why your out and stopping cars asking where you're going
Never seen a Covid marshal around here... :rolleyes:
I’m in the US and my city went back to many of the COVID restrictions yesterday that we were seeing in May - July. We must wear masks outside of our property of course, that hasn’t changed. But now restaurants are only takeout again, bars are all closed, and hair and nail salons have to perform all services outside. I got a pedicure in a bucket while sitting in an office chair outside in the parking lot a few months ago and I hated it so I got my mani-pedi on Thursday before the new (old) restrictions were back in effect.
Today there was an article in our paper stating that many restaurants plan to ignore the restrictions and allow patrons inside with lots of room in between tables. There were also people outside by my local shopping center yesterday holding signs saying “Keep Businesses Open, Save Jobs”, and one dude was holding up a timely sign saying “Vote Republican!”
Lol. No you don't want to have a pedicure outside, especially in winter 🥶. And about the dude with the "timely" (😂:ROFLMAO:) 'Vote Republican!' sign, it's either 'better late than never' or he's already getting ready for Trump 2024, whoever that is going to be: Donald Senior, Donald Jr or Ivanka 😳
Oh yeah all pubs restaurants and no essential shops are shut too, bassicly like it was before but kids are at school
We can go out as much as we can as well, in spring is was allowed only once a day to do exercise or buy essential items if I remember correctly