L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Mom and exgf trying to force me into giving them control

aihfl

Bluelight Crew
So my mother, who is at worst a sociopath and at best a master manipulator has sucked my ex girlfriend into believing her "caring" act. They are trying to get me to sign papers giving her legal guardianship. My ex wife was able to see through her bullshit and would not give her the time of day, one of the few good things I can say about her.

She treated my dad like utter shit during his last days as a terminal cancer patient. I saw her trying to force him to eat a smelly piece of leftover salmon when he was nauseous from chemo, she kept the house freezing during the winter when he was skin and bones and she sold his beloved pickup truck. Even if we all knew he was never going drive it again, it must have been painfully demoralizing to see someone else drive it off.

When my ex wife and I called her on her abusive behavior, she shouted, "and who wipes the shit off his ass?" It's frightening how she justified her abuse. I'm an addict, not a schizophrenic. I am in control of my own mind. I might make bad decisions, but they are made deliberately.

I compromised with her and offered to sign a HIPAA release but that is not good enough (I didn't even want to do that). I will forego a second rehab if she is unyielding on this condition. There's no fucking way I would EVER give her control over my life. She is frightening.

Last edited:
There is no way I would ever sign my rights away like that to anyone. What kind of leverage does she have over you right now?

you're not wrong, but this is not the lounge --skl

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a very difficult situation. I'd agree with above posters to sign nothing and keep distance from these individuals.

That said, I'm going to move this to our "Sex, Love and Relationships" forum, with emphasis on the latter, Relationships as it encompasses all of the individuals above ...

I think the post may garner more responses there. Also changed the title a little.

Please keep in mind that nowhere on Bluelight do we provide legal advice but I think that is pretty cut and dry--don't sign!--but a greater discussion of the interpersonal issues at stake is probably warranted.

SO --> SLR

Wait, legal guardianship over who; you? What would that allow them to be able to do? How old are you?
Is there anything g stopping you from cutting her/them our of your life?
If you're being faced with having people say that you are not fit to look after yourself when you feel that you can, I can't imagine how hard that must be.

If at all possible, try to distance yourself and start working on putting yourself in a spot where you can self sustain.
What are you addicted to and how badly?

What kind of leverage does she have over you? Why can't you just cut both of these women out of your life?

I see this as beyond just legal advice.. I'm a pretty independent person but I could never give someone control over my life like that, especially if they'd shown they weren't a good caregiver.

yeah avoid that shit.

dont give anyone power of attorney over yourself

is the guardianship of you or what? why would an adult need it? is she trying to say you lack capacity? this whole thing isn't explained well