• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Moldy Weed

ghburns

Bluelighter
about a year ago mydude copped weight and 2 OZ were moldy...1 he gave back a got a new 1 and the kid told him keep the other 1 and have him a free 1 so i got an oz for like $30...i remember being really high from it so i didnt rlly care about it but ive never seen or heard anything about this again...has anyone ever ahd moldy weed...ps this shit was like coated in a layer of mold not like a lik bit

Yeah, I probably wouldn't smoke that no matter how cheap it was. I once developed a really bad case of bronchitis from moldy weed.

was it covered in white powerdery stuff on the outside or was there lots of weird grey cobwebby mold inside of the buds

the white stuff is powdery mildew and the grew stuff is "bud rot" a lil powerdery mildew is probably ok for most people though i notice on super powerdery buds the high feels weird and slightly dysphoric.

frizzantik said:
was it covered in white powerdery stuff on the outside or was there lots of weird grey cobwebby mold inside of the buds

the white stuff is powdery mildew and the grew stuff is "bud rot" a lil powerdery mildew is probably ok for most people though i notice on super powerdery buds the high feels weird and slightly dysphoric.

yea it was only on the outside of the bud...and last time i checked $30 for an oz that was originally 400 is pretty cheap...(not meant for frizz meant for other person)

~GH~

mold can be really dangerous. some mold can kill. i don't know what kind of mold grows on weed, but if it's all white and hairy, please don't smoke it.

Seperate the non-moldy weed and keep it in an isolated contained for a week or two, see if any mold grows. Mold spreads and grows fast, if there was mold anywhere on it chances are the spores have spread, but you never know you may be luck.

Hmmm, do you guys think it would be possible to grow shrooms on some bud? I mean, just to say you did it...that would be a killer photo!!
What would happen if you smoked buds with mycellum on it?

bear with my sillyness guys, I'm honestly curious.

I recently ran low and happened to only have a bag of leafs, with little buds interspersed. They are apparently covered with 'powdery mildew' according to Frizzantic a few posts back.

The mildew appears to also have gotten inside the buds and softened the stems and bud into a soft powdery light golden material.
It doesn't smell bad, and is bone dry. What appears to be keef at the bottom of the shake bag is most likely pure mildew powder.
The bud smokes pretty normal, doesn't taste bad (but not good either, like shwag), and the high is apparently a little different. After smoking it a few times, I noticed that I would zone out in thought much easier, and felt surprisingly baked, compared to the regular buds i've been smoking. I almost want to say it was more potent, but too many variables are involved to say that decisively, even as my opinion.

I take a few medications, and did a few tests to see if regular weed had any similar effects, and also went without smoking to make sure it wasn't a new reaction to my medications. It's interested me enough to post about it on here.
I searched all over the web to see if there was any solid evidence that smoking moldy bud has caused harm, and haven't come across anything other than: "Eww, why would you even think that's ok?", kind of responses. Wouldn't the Anti-Drug Propaganda have picked up on something possibly fatal about weed?
Instead of them trying to fabricate crap about insanity and sperm problems, wouldn't possible DEATH be at the top of their list?

Can certain molds that grow on marijuana, when inhaled, cause lung infections, pneumonia, and possibly death??

I actually have developed cold symptoms as of today (three days after first trying moldy weed), but I also visited San Francisco yesterday and used their public transit all day, which I do only every few years. There are also other likely contributors to my ill health this week, so again I can't decisively say the weed made me sick.

I hope somebody can dig up some facts for us about what types of molds grow on marijuana and if they have toxic effects to humans. Then we can argue about whether burning them kills the spores.

are you certain it was moldy? if it is, and it was that long ago, your straight.
but.. i have had "freinds" who had bud like this, we took it to a dude, got it tested and it was just chemicals added on, the stuff was laced, could explain ya super buzz.

Do a butane or iso extraction then decanter out the dead mold. Im not sure about butane but Im pretty sure iso would kill the bacteria/mold.

Yeah but who has time for that :p
Baking, extracting, blah. There's a time and place for all that but is it necessary?

As to whether this was a chemical additive I observed, I seriously doubt it. This was obtained from the source for free, unless someone gave it to them, and they passed it to me.
I've yet to encounter any of that 'Grit Weed' rumored to be going around, as I live very close to where most of the (good) weed on the west coast is coming from.

Just dont smoke it unless you do an extraction of the THC or SOMETHING, because really, mold can kill. And who wants their obituary to say they died from smoking moldy weed?

powdery mildew can get you sick... sounds like you got sick from it atf, ive been sick from it too (same, minor cold symptoms)... bud mold (botrytis) is ten times worse IMO... anyone selling you bud with botrytis should have cut down the plants that were infected, it spreads through a crop like a fire, and will make you sick for sure.

When I was a newbie and couldn't recognize moldy weed, I made the mistake of buying some, smoked it, became extremely nauseated, but luckily did not vomit. Mold in general is very bad for you, let alone smoking it.

It can develope in the curing process if stored incorrectly, I've probably smoked about 1/4 of mouldy weed in my time but I have always cut out the mouldy bits. You probably shouldn't smoke it, but I never got sick.

It's very hard to throw out some nice bud bar circumstances.

Moldy weed can kill u or at best make u very sick not really s oking it cuz the heat kills the weed but breathing in the spores for the bag ect the mold is called aspergillus it will grow in your lungs travel to kidneys and brain if exposed to to many sporeshttp://www.theguardian.com/science/2008/jun/13/medicalresearch look it us in this case its from aspergillus spores on compost but same apply s to it on weed I was trimming moldyweed for two hrs for a friend and got was sick had to get anti fugal drugs lungs r still damaged idk about smoking it but dont breath the spores in or trim it ectd