Staff Feedback Moderator Feedback - CE&P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex007

Bluelighter
As a member of over 15 different internet forums, I must say that I've never witnessed such unfair moderating before. Moderator Apostacious is literally bullying members who don't share the same views as him and his friends. He banned me a short while back for telling "enigmaticfreak" that it was dumb of him to start a thread which was not only provocative but had no business of being on bluelight. The moderator, Ebola agreed with this and also referred to the thread as “garbage”, his exact words. Shortly after that Ebola decided to delete the thread and banned enigmaticfreak. Here is the proof: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/615184-Where-s-My-War-At-Islam-Thread

Then suddenly, out of nowhere, without any logical reasoning, Apostacious bans me lol

This is the same moderator who banned me the last time for no reason while he overlooked his entire posse of friends as they provoked, insulted, and attacked me just because I shared a different view from them. He's a corrupt moderator who engages in blatant favouritism and deliberately abuses his power.

The following is just one example of how he is purposely ignores every attack against me no matter how vicious in nature it is.

Yeah....... are you fucking retarded? Like, seriously. Do you have a disability? Because only someone with down syndrome could miss all the information he posted and jump straight to that conclusion.

Your fucking stupid man. Did you know that in the Netherlands, they prescribe heroin addicts PURE pharmaceutical heroin? After that program was started, drug related crimes dropped to almost nothing, and a very very high percentage of the people who didnt want to keep their addiction going were able to quit, with the help of Government provided opiate maintenance. They did the same shit with cocaine too, oh but wait, thats such an incredibly addictive drug no one can handle it!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!

Think before you speak. Dumb ass.

yeah but you just proved my point on how your too retarded to read and/or comprehend information in front of your face. OK, so your apparently so stupid that you cant tell the difference between meth and cocaine

Yeah forreal man, what a dumb ass

anyone notice that Alex000, and Alex007 both have very similar names? I know!! It took a lot of research to come up with that though... but if you take an even CLOSER look, you'll notice they're both assholes

At the same time as this several other members were also verbally abusing me in the same manner. Not once did Apostacious stop or ban or even take the time to address any of the other members who were engaging in this kind of barbaric behaviour. In fact, the attacks were so vicious and blatant that another member had to point it out;

And Folley..... you shouldn't be talking about personal attacks. Im not going to count the number of personal attacks you've made over the last few pages of this thread but you are approaching double digits, easy.

I can post other examples as well but I'm sure this one already serves the purpose. Now here is the shocking part. Instead of dealing with members like Folley who were viciously ganging up on me for the sole reason of not sharing the same view as them, Apostacious bans me! Are you kidding me? Is this guy for real? This guy is abusing his authority like no other moderator. The other moderators, most notably Escher, Qwe, Cyc, ebola are all very cool guys, very fair and don't engage in bullying or abuse of power. None of them have ever felt the need to address me, they haven't done it once. Apostacious is the only moderator who is unfair and bias.

Apostacious violated rules himself when he referred to bluelight members as "smug white people." When I read this comment by him I was shocked at how disgusting and disrespectful it was. Who here is moderating these moderators??? In any other forum, both in the real world and cyber world, a racist and disrespectful comment like his would get you kicked out and removed from any position of authority.
What a sick comment:
All I see is a bunch of sick desensitized smug white people,

And then this guy has the nerves to unfairly ban members like me. This is so unfair. Something needs to be done. The admins need to get involved. This is just wrong. I am certain that on bluelight both moderators and members are treated equally. Thank you for reading.

I told Apostacious to stop this kind of behavior but he hasn't.

Those posts were from the 16th of March. Has the issue continued?

I fail to see how saying "smug white people" violated any rule. If you read it out of context then I can see you thinking it may be breaking a rule, but in context I don't see how it can be viewed that way.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As you know, bluelight is a large place, and it is difficult to keep an eye on everything

I'm familiar with Alex007 by his long infraction record and his appearance in the lounge a while back..

that doesn't mean that we can't take a look at this situation and decide if there is a valid complaint..

alex,

i don't post much in CE&P but a quick scan of your posts shows me that your posting style isn't really fitting in with the forums you are posting in. each forum on BL has a different ebb and flow... CE&P tends to be focused on discussing political issues and general chit chat (especially insults/attacks) is frowned upon. try lurking around and getting a feel for the forum without posting in it. in the lounge, it may seem like a free for all to insult everyone, but that is not the case. again, the more you lurk in a few threads there, the more evident the rules will become.

the best thing to remember is to try to respond to the content of the post, as opposed to insulting the poster.

alex007, your issue is being reviewed by the site staff. thanks for the original post.

alasdair

I fail to see how saying "smug white people" violated any rule. If you read it out of context then I can see you thinking it may be breaking a rule, but in context I don't see how it can be viewed that way.

Saying "smug white people" is no different than saying "smug black people." The context is irrelevant. Can I got around the forum saying "smug black people?" Hopefully the context will justify it lol.

let's not debate what the mods thought/didn't think and let them post here themselves.

I'm familiar with Alex007 by his long infraction record and his appearance in the lounge a while back..

Tell us about the long infraction record. That's a major lie on your part. Please let us know, elaborate on this long infraction record. You're already showing your true colors.

Were these posts ever reported?

Escher, I remember Rangerz and a few other members threw a fit over the racist comment, but I can't remember whether it was reported or not.

I pm'ed Apostacious and told him to stop displaying such immense bias in his moderation or I will report him to the admins, he replied back by giving me an infraction and a temp ban. It's obvious the guy doesn't like my views since they don't match his, otherwise you can see how vicious Folly's attacks against me were yet he wasn't penalized because he shared the same view as Apostacious.

Last edited:
Tell us about the long infraction record. That's a major lie on your part. Please let us know, elaborate on this long infraction record. You're already showing your true colors.

please keep your criticism constructive (like i said above) as opposed to attacking posters. if not, i will be forced to warn/infract for abuse.

please keep your criticism constructive (like i said above) as opposed to attacking posters. if not, i will be forced to warn/infract for abuse.

He said I had a long infraction record, which is anything but true so i challenged him on it. You are obviously trying to change the course of this thread to make me look like the bad guy. "smug white people" is ok but "your already showing your true colors" is not lol. Ok there animal cookie. He made an allegation, I told him to prove it.

I'm providing nothing but constructive feedback.

let's not get distracted from the issue at hand? as a courtesy to you, we'd rather not make public a detailed record of your warnings and/or infractions but if you want us to, we will. but what does airing your dirty laundry in public achieve?

the ce&p staff and the senior staff who oversee the forum and reviewing the complaint and, when they've given it consideration, the results will be posted here. let's give them the time they need without adding gas to the fire?

alasdair

let's not get distracted from the issue at hand? as a courtesy to you, we'd rather not make public a detailed record of your warnings and/or infractions but if you want us to, we will. but what does airing your dirty laundry in public achieve?

I understand alasdair but the reason i said this was because I was recently banned for over one month by Papasomni who made the false claim that some other member on this forum by the handle name, Tilt, was an alt. Which is not true and this is the second time he banned me for this in spite of the fact that he admitted to mistaking that mistake the first time. Here is the proof:

I see that Tilt is not an alt, but a seperate account.... ban lifted..

oops..:\

And then he makes the same mistake again and this time bans me for several weeks??? I just got unbanned yesterday after like 5-6 weeks, I wasnt here to address the issue at the time, I was out of town. Talk about a major major mistake.

it's not a major, major mistake. it's a simple mistake - that i've made myself - from a member of staff who's been contributing hard work and effort to bluelight for years and for no money and very little in the way of thanks. a mistake was made and it was rectified - nobody tried to sweep it under the rug, or come back at you with an attack. the ban was reversed and we all moved on.

further, tilt's not just "some other member" - you said it's your friend whose computer you use. it's not necessary to log into bluelight with somebody else's account when you're banned - that's why we have the anonymous forum. any time a bluelighter uses somebody else's account to gain access to the site, an alarm bell goes off. when you've spent years helping out on a web site populated by drug-addled users, some of whom just want to make it their lives' work to disrupt and inflame, perhaps you'll understand why we sometimes err on the side of caution and don't give people the benefit of the account?

i'm not familiar with the second issue but if you'd like to escalate it, by all means start another thread.

we're not landing airplanes or doing heart transplants. if bluelight goes away tomorrow, the sun will still rise. let's try to keep a little perspective and not drag this thread off topic with even more unnecessary drama?

alasdair

Alasdair, I like your style. You have a blunt way of saying things but you keep it real and I appreciate that. :)

Alex007 said:

You can view your infraction record by clicking the appropriate tab on your profile. You'll notice that you have a lengthy history of infractions, spanning multiple pages. We also try to give guiding posts and warnings prior to issuing official warnings and infractions. And often times when two posters are locked in a mutual chain of attacks, we close threads rather than 'disciplining' everyone involved. In your case, you made multiple unwarrantedly hostile posts that fit the criteria for infractions prior to actually receiving infractions.

He banned me a short while back for telling "enigmaticfreak" that it was dumb of him to start a thread which was not only provocative but had no business of being on bluelight. The moderator, Ebola agreed with this and also referred to the thread as “garbage”, his exact words. Shortly after that Ebola decided to delete the thread and banned enigmaticfreak. Here is the proof: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/6...t-Islam-Thread

You were banned for your entire history of personal attacks, not a single action taken.

At the same time as this several other members were also verbally abusing me in the same manner. Not once did Apostacious stop or ban or even take the time to address any of the other members who were engaging in this kind of barbaric behaviour. In fact, the attacks were so vicious and blatant that another member had to point it out;

Folley is currently receiving disciplinary action and heavy scrutiny by various moderators for the problems that he has caused in various forms. EnigmaticFreak has been effectively banned from our forums. We have not placed your behavior under disproportionate scrutiny, and we have curtailed the behavior of your antagonists.

Apostacious violated rules himself when he referred to bluelight members as "smug white people."

Did you really find this that personally offensive, particularly when it was directed at the general atmosphere of discussion, not any specific individual? I dunno. I'm in a position where no one could really anger me by calling me by a racial slur for white people, so maybe my perspective is skewed...

ebola

In your case, you made multiple unwarrantedly hostile posts that fit the criteria for infractions prior to actually receiving infractions.

Every single one of those infractions in CE&P was handed to me by Apostacious. Like i said in my initial post no other moderator in CE&P has ever given me an infraction other than Apostacious, coincidence? I guess not. Please help us try to understand why ever single infraction I've ever received in CE&P has been issued by Apostacious and no other moderator? Escher has never given me an infraction, neither has Cyc, neither have you.

You were banned for your entire history of personal attacks, not a single action taken.

And what was the last infraction for that finally resulted in the ban? I wonder who handed me that final infraction8). It was issued by Apostacious, what a surprise. Now please tell us what the final infraction was for? I'll show u how blatantly unjust his moderation is.

Folley is currently receiving disciplinary action and heavy scrutiny by various moderators for the problems that he has caused in various forms. EnigmaticFreak has been effectively banned from our forums.

This is irrelevant. I couldn't care less what happened in other situations. We are discussing my situation. If a girl gets raped she wouldn't care if her rapist got punished for some other crime, she cares about the injustice she suffered, why was the rapist not found guilty in her crime? The nature and brutality of Folley's attack against me went unnoticed and he was never restrained. Instead I was given an infractions by Apostacious. How ridiculous is that? If you don't find it ridiculous then please scroll up on this page and read his attack.

Did you really find this that personally offensive, particularly when it was directed at the general atmosphere of discussion, not any specific individual? I dunno. I'm in a position where no one could really anger me by calling me by a racial slur for white people, so maybe my perspective is skewed...

When laws and rules are created they are based on their communal benefits rather than their individual benefits. If the N word doesn't bother you, does that mean it shouldn't bother other people? "smug white people" is no different than "smug black people," the context is insignificant. By saying this kind of behavior is ok you are setting a precendent for much more worse things to come. Nobody's skin color should ever be targeted under any given circumstance, especially not by a moderator who is there to assure that no one gets hurt. It's utterly wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.