View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Moderation is Key

LazyTheGreat

Bluelighter
Hello Bluelights, I have heard that many believe that users of LSD should moderate their usage. I have read the reasons why they believe and this post is not meant to discuss such reasons. The only question I have is how does moderation look like when using LSD?

I believe that one should trust his or her own judgment on such matters. If LSD starts to lose its magic, take that as a cue to back off.

I agree with The AppleCore. Trust your gut. Also put some time between doses. :D

When I was young and acid was plentiful and cheap I would take 2 hits one day, 4 the next, 8 the next. 3 days in a row. Once I felt it was worth it. I tripped each day and saw the workings on how LSD worked in the mind. But eventually that type dosing simply got boring. I was not able to move from A to B. I was at B for days and so nothing was being learned. So after some time I learned to space out the dosing. At one point I did take a full two years off in the 40 years of utilizing the sacraments.

Speaking of integration, I always use DMT as an example. Integrating, which to me is bringing light to the dark areas, takes time and attention. So if someone downloads (I got that term from a Bluelighter here, can't remember the name :D) a lot of information on one session and then doesn't integrate and goes again quickly some of the lessons are lost. The info was steamrolled right over and any info that was not digested is lost. Sort of like taking a bunch of interesting books out of the library, skimming them and then taking out a bunch more not ever really learning anything from the original books. Another analogy I like is eating a big meal, then eating another one right on top of it before digesting. That leads to indigestion, lack of integrating the food.

Frequent LSD dosing, or even DMT dosing I would consider to be once a month (at least for me). Weekly tripping can work for a short while, but then it really needs to be put down for a bit and life needs to happen. These sacraments are meant to enhance life, whether recreational or informational, and if they are used too much the special part of it fades. I mean, if one is grounded mentally then the experiences will just become boring. If someone has hidden mental issues then it could turn into a big problem.

Stay safe and well.

yeah dude theres nothing else to say the apple cores advice is solid

Streetcow

I find myself very happy with using LSD about twice a year. My work keeps me very busy so I don't really get the occasion to use it more often than that. I could probably see myself using it something like four times a year if I had more free time, but I think that, for me, the returns might begin to diminish at five.

how does moderation look like when using LSD?

I have only tripped on 1p-LSd but its the same story

LSd they say is self regulating and for me thats exactly what it did, it self regulated itself!

Like the first time it was amazing, better than losing my virginity, as good as seeing my son born

So I hammered it every week for 10 weeks, it was really fun but as time went on the trips became like yeah I have been here before and it was the same thing, I need to stop smoking, I need to sort out these little areas of my life bla bla

When you get the message hang up the phone

The magic just dissapears and you don't want to trip anymore its the same thoughts and things you want to improve on actually implementing the change is the hard part

Moderation is a bit subjective. I think some are able to benefit from psychedelic usage more often than others. Personally I use them fairly frequently compared to most... for me, moderation is monthly to weekly, depending on the circumstances in my life. But for some, weekly tripping is a direct road to problems, or even monthly. Depends on your brain, your mindset, and your life situation.