• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth Moderate dose of methamphetamine for ADHD - your advice?

ninjapirateroberts

Bluelighter
Hello everyone; I'm new to this forum. I've been reading many threads on this forum for some time, so I decided to create an account.

I have been taking 15-20mg of crystal methamphetamine for my ADHD. I self-diagnosed my ADHD (and I had autism as a child) because I'm a student (for context, I'm 21), and an adult ADHD assessment costs around $2000-$3500 in my area (Toronto, Canada), and my student health insurance couldn't cover it (but it seem to cover for prescription pills like Adderall, Vyvanse, Dexedrine, etc. though). I tried getting Adderall, but it looked like every vendor sells meth pressed as Adderall, so I decided to buy crystal methamphetamine and a milligram scale and use the meth that way (I buy everything from the darknet). At least that way, I know what I'm consuming.

I crush my crystal methamphetamine, measure about 15-20mg on a milligram scale, and take the crystal orally. I can feel the effects in about 20-30 mins. But sometimes I get panic over increased heart rate and meth's cardiovascular consequences. The initial panic usually goes away after about an hour into the drug but comes back when meth is fading away. It's not very serious, but it still makes me concerned (I guess that's common with most stimulant medications?) I eat grapes about 2 hours before sleep since I read Resveratrol would excrete methamphetamine faster. I also drink apple cider vinegar (ACV) (mainly for kidneys, so it's unrelated, but I'm curious how that would interact).

I'm new to taking methamphetamine for therapeutic uses for ADHD (but not totally new to stimulants in general, I used to take cocaine, but that caused me scary panic attacks on sleep, so I had to give up on that; I've been taking modafinil 200mg for over two years). So my question is, (1) what is your advice regarding safety precautions, (2) how grapes (resveratrol) would interact when taken before sleep (does it make excrete meth faster?), and (3) ACV interaction. (4) I will be using meth very responsibly, and I don't have a family history of heart disease, so advice for dealing with panic, fast heart rate, and increased blood pressure is also appreciated (any general advice is appreciated). I do get muscle twitches in my arm, but it's not very serious. Sometimes, after 30 minutes of taking my meth dose, I get a little shaky, but it goes away in 15-20 minutes. I monitor my heart rate with my apple watch and have a BP measuring machine at home.

Thank you, everyone!

Last edited:
If you can honestly keep to those types of doses, and you are able to consistently get high quality methamphetamine, you might be able to use it therapeutically. It sounds like you might not be one to abuse it. If one has a past history of methamphetamine abuse then this would be not be a good approach.

I find that even myself (a person who isn't the biggest fan of methamphetamine, but has used recreationally in the past) has trouble using methamphetamine therapeutically. I've tried to use it in such a fashion but inevitably I end up taking more than necessary, like in the 60mg - 80mg range, which isn't a big recreational dose but it is above a therapeutic dose. Its hard not to "round up" when you have a pile of crystals (at for least someone like me). If you aren't like me then it may work.

Would recommend adding 1.5-2g vitamin C plus some magnesium glycinate in the evenings. If you don't increase the dose and avoid daily consumption if possible (like on the weekends) then you should be ok. Might also want to buy in a large quantity for consistency of effect, and might consider washing it to clean it up a little.

The problem is is meth is illegal. You run the risk of losing everything cuz I understand trust me. I have Medicare and medicaid. My doc wrote a script for adderall just to see how it worked. I am a old meth head so I know what stimulants can do. My life is profoundly better. I didn't even know my ADD inattentive type impulsive was as bad as it was. I can't even read one book unless I have my medication because if I don't I think of like five different things while reading thus making it impossible to read. I guess that's why meth drew me in like crazy. However you also will have health issues later in life. I still deal with those issues. My doses tho where beyond what you can imagine. Is meth legal in Canada? I know seeing a doc is not an option but maybe they have a system like THE USA that will get the ball rolling where you can eventually have jnsurance thus finding a doc and not getting pills from vendors but a pharmacy cuz that's trustworthy. These are only my suggestions. I don't know the full details but I wouldn't be able to use meth. I would want more and more.

If you can honestly keep to those types of doses, and you are able to consistently get high quality methamphetamine, you might be able to use it therapeutically. It sounds like you might not be one to abuse it. If one has a past history of methamphetamine abuse then this would be not be a good approach.

I find that even myself (a person who isn't the biggest fan of methamphetamine, but has used recreationally in the past) has trouble using methamphetamine therapeutically. I've tried to use it in such a fashion but inevitably I end up taking more than necessary, like in the 60mg - 80mg range, which isn't a big recreational dose but it is above a therapeutic dose. Its hard not to "round up" when you have a pile of crystals (at for least someone like me). If you aren't like me then it may work.

Would recommend adding 1.5-2g vitamin C plus some magnesium glycinate in the evenings. If you don't increase the dose and avoid daily consumption if possible (like on the weekends) then you should be ok. Might also want to buy in a large quantity for consistency of effect, and might consider washing it to clean it up a little.
I never really abused any substance in my life. I don't drink alcohol (not even occasionally; I never touch it). The only reason that kept me from abusing drugs is that I'm aware that it could kill me. Whenever I see my crystals I know it could kill me, and I keep that behind my head all the time; "too much of anything is good for nothing".

My only issue with meth is insomnia. I often get trouble falling asleep when I use meth (as small as 17mg) that day. I sleep around 12 to 1 AM midnight, and I take my meth dose around 2 PM. I eat grapes before sleep, but that barely helps. I'd really like to know how to deal with it and how you guys deal with it. Pretty sure many ADHD meds will give you a hard time when trying to fall asleep (but I know those have a smaller half-life than meth, but unfortunately, meth is the only stimulant I can get hold of). But I guess XR (extended-release) has a longer half-life, so maybe people who take XR could guide me. And why do you not recommend it for daily consumption? I'm taking it as therapy for ADHD, so shouldn't I take it daily?

Last edited:
The problem is is meth is illegal. You run the risk of losing everything cuz I understand trust me. I have Medicare and medicaid. My doc wrote a script for adderall just to see how it worked. I am a old meth head so I know what stimulants can do. My life is profoundly better. I didn't even know my ADD inattentive type impulsive was as bad as it was. I can't even read one book unless I have my medication because if I don't I think of like five different things while reading thus making it impossible to read. I guess that's why meth drew me in like crazy. However you also will have health issues later in life. I still deal with those issues. My doses tho where beyond what you can imagine. Is meth legal in Canada? I know seeing a doc is not an option but maybe they have a system like THE USA that will get the ball rolling where you can eventually have jnsurance thus finding a doc and not getting pills from vendors but a pharmacy cuz that's trustworthy. These are only my suggestions. I don't know the full details but I wouldn't be able to use meth. I would want more and more.
Meth's is not legal, but every hard drug (for personal use not exceeding 2.5g) is temporarily decriminalized in British Columbia. I can't find a doc who would write me a script for Adderall or any other ADHD meds without an ADHD assessment, and I fear I'd be labeled "drug seeking" if I voluntarily go ask a doc for an Adderall prescription (which will be on my medical history forever). And ADHD assessment is very costly.

There's no shame in it. ADD is not stigmatized like Bipolar or schizophrenia. Unless you are below a CEO or just into a work that will cut you loose for that then yeah I can see your point. What you do need tho is if you have ADHD then it has to be assessed. I don't see any problem with your dosages that are beyond small. I used to smoke three eight balls a day outta waterbongs until I nearly died. You'll suffer insomnia when it comes to meth. No matter what unless you have a benzo which I would strongly go against. Don't go into a psychiatrist asking 4 this and that. But tell them you have such a hard time focusing. It's honest given the fact your using a stimulant with reverence. Also it's becoming harder and harder to find doctors who will help. My doc has 50 yrs experience as a psychiatrist. He's 79. He doesn't do it for money. Just knows how messed up these new hypocritical doctors are. I hope it works out 4 you either way but as long as you ain't going over half a gram a day I don't see a problem. But even that is a lot. Meth and I just can't be together. I love it too much but when it comes to my mental health in which I got over the stigma when in 08 I was suffering so bad I couldn't even get outta bed. My anxiety was beyond what humans are supposed to deal with. I'm not sick sizing either. This was as High as it gets. Until I was given what I needed I suffered. Only a benzo would help. It melted the anxiety away that it actually felt like I took MDMA it was so weird. I don't get that now but I'm way better then I was.

I never really abused any substance in my life. I don't drink alcohol (not even occasionally; I never touch it). The only reason that kept me from abusing drugs is that I'm aware that it could kill me. Whenever I see my crystals I know it could kill me, and I keep that behind my head all the time; "too much of anything is good for nothing".

My only issue with meth is insomnia. I often get trouble falling asleep when I use meth (as small as 17mg) that day. I sleep around 12 to 1 AM midnight, and I take my meth dose around 2 PM. I eat grapes before sleep, but that barely helps. I'd really like to know how to deal with it and how you guys deal with it. Pretty sure many ADHD meds will give you a hard time when trying to fall asleep (but I know those have a smaller half-life than meth, but unfortunately, meth is the only stimulant I can get hold of). But I guess XR (extended-release) has a longer half-life, so maybe people who take XR could guide me. And why do you not recommend it for daily consumption? I'm taking it as therapy for ADHD, so shouldn't I take it daily?

How long have you been consuming it? Presumably over time your tolerance will increase such that you shouldn't have much trouble sleeping.

However 2pm is far too late in the day (especially if you are trying to sleep 10 hours later). If you take it first thing in the morning, you shouldn't have an issue.

Additionally, vitamin C at good sized doses (2-3g) should help increase acidity of your urine, which greatly speeds elimination and prevents reabsorption in the kidneys. Supposedly vitamin C combined with cranberry juice is particularly effective at this. Aside from the half-life, the reabsorption of small amounts of methamphetamine is what is likely keeping you awake.

As far as why one should take a day or 2 off per week -- it's just good practice and reduces toxicity and monoamine depletion (as well as slowing down tolerance).

Hello everyone; I'm new to this forum. I've been reading many threads on this forum for some time, so I decided to create an account.

I have been taking 15-20mg of crystal methamphetamine for my ADHD. I self-diagnosed my ADHD (and I had autism as a child) because I'm a student (for context, I'm 21), and an adult ADHD assessment costs around $2000-$3500 in my area (Toronto, Canada), and my student health insurance couldn't cover it (but it seem to cover for prescription pills like Adderall, Vyvanse, Dexedrine, etc. though). I tried getting Adderall, but it looked like every vendor sells meth pressed as Adderall, so I decided to buy crystal methamphetamine and a milligram scale and use the meth that way (I buy everything from the darknet). At least that way, I know what I'm consuming.

I crush my crystal methamphetamine, measure about 15-20mg on a milligram scale, and take the crystal orally. I can feel the effects in about 20-30 mins. But sometimes I get panic over increased heart rate and meth's cardiovascular consequences. The initial panic usually goes away after about an hour into the drug but comes back when meth is fading away. It's not very serious, but it still makes me concerned (I guess that's common with most stimulant medications?) I eat grapes about 2 hours before sleep since I read Resveratrol would excrete methamphetamine faster. I also drink apple cider vinegar (ACV) (mainly for kidneys, so it's unrelated, but I'm curious how that would interact).

I'm new to taking methamphetamine for therapeutic uses for ADHD (but not totally new to stimulants in general, I used to take cocaine, but that caused me scary panic attacks on sleep, so I had to give up on that; I've been taking modafinil 200mg for over two years). So my question is, (1) what is your advice regarding safety precautions, (2) how grapes (resveratrol) would interact when taken before sleep (does it make excrete meth faster?), and (3) ACV interaction. (4) I will be using meth very responsibly, and I don't have a family history of heart disease, so advice for dealing with panic, fast heart rate, and increased blood pressure is also appreciated (any general advice is appreciated). I do get muscle twitches in my arm, but it's not very serious. Sometimes, after 30 minutes of taking my meth dose, I get a little shaky, but it goes away in 15-20 minutes. I monitor my heart rate with my apple watch and have a BP measuring machine at home.

Thank you, everyone!

If your dose is accurate is close to the maximum daily dose of methamphetamine prescription, which is 25 mg.

It would probably be better to take two divided doses of 10 mg each per day, one in the early morning after waking and one after school in the early afternoon.

Eating two grapes is doing nothing to change the acidity of your stomach, or urine, so you're not excreting it any faster.

I would still invest in Marquis, Lieberman, and Simon's reagents, and possibly Froehde.

If you have actual methamphetamine all the time, it's not any different than being prescribed Desoxyn. However, you can't be sure that you are measuring properly even with a milligram scale, and you can't be sure of purity.

I would recommend Vyvanse honestly. I've been on it for fatigue from a chronic illness and it is very even mild and does not cause jitters or impair sleep after the first several days.

How long have you been consuming it? Presumably over time your tolerance will increase such that you shouldn't have much trouble sleeping.

However 2pm is far too late in the day (especially if you are trying to sleep 10 hours later). If you take it first thing in the morning, you shouldn't have an issue.

Additionally, vitamin C at good sized doses (2-3g) should help increase acidity of your urine, which greatly speeds elimination and prevents reabsorption in the kidneys. Supposedly vitamin C combined with cranberry juice is particularly effective at this. Aside from the half-life, the reabsorption of small amounts of methamphetamine is what is likely keeping you awake.

As far as why one should take a day or 2 off per week -- it's just good practice and reduces toxicity and monoamine depletion (as well as slowing down tolerance).
I've been consuming 15mg of meth for like four days now. Never thought 2 PM was too late if I want to sleep around 1 AM, I will surely try to take it earlier than that. The problem is I try to avoid as much physical work as I can when I consume meth. When the meth starts working, doing physical activity would increase my heart rate and, thereby, anxiety. So I usually take my dose after a shower, breakfast, and other routine work. (I only use meth to study, learn and do work; I don't take it for "enjoyment" or to feel high.) Funny enough, I took cocaine for learning and studying but soon learned that it's more harmful to my heart, so I gave it up (it was my introduction to stimulants).

I ordered this Vitamin C supplement from Amazon, so I guess I take 15mg of meth in the morning and pop 2 or 3 of these Vit. C supplement pills in the evening to expedite the excretion of meth from my body, right? And yeah, I will also get cranberry juice today. I only take one 15mg dose of meth daily, nothing in between. No other stimulants (coffee etc.) in the middle. I drink plenty of water when I'm taking meth (about 3-4 liters at least).

And yeah, I will surely take breaks from meth periodically.

I would recommend Vyvanse honestly. I've been on it for fatigue from a chronic illness and it is very even mild and does not cause jitters or impair sleep after the first several days.
Same. I know Vyvanse is very expensive if you don't have insurance, but it's worth it IMO. I haven't been able to take Adderall responsibly in the past, and the effects seemed to come on/wear off too quickly, leaving me feeling like shit and unable to focus. Vyvanse, on the other hand, gives me all-day relief from ADHD symptoms, I eat and sleep more regularly while on it, and I've never had the compulsion to take more than my prescribed dose (currently on 40mg/daily, 20mg in the AM and 20mg early afternoon).

I've been consuming 15mg of meth for like four days now. Never thought 2 PM was too late if I want to sleep around 1 AM, I will surely try to take it earlier than that. The problem is I try to avoid as much physical work as I can when I consume meth. When the meth starts working, doing physical activity would increase my heart rate and, thereby, anxiety. So I usually take my dose after a shower, breakfast, and other routine work. (I only use meth to study, learn and do work; I don't take it for "enjoyment" or to feel high.) Funny enough, I took cocaine for learning and studying but soon learned that it's more harmful to my heart, so I gave it up (it was my introduction to stimulants).

I ordered this Vitamin C supplement from Amazon, so I guess I take 15mg of meth in the morning and pop 2 or 3 of these Vit. C supplement pills in the evening to expedite the excretion of meth from my body, right? And yeah, I will also get cranberry juice today. I only take one 15mg dose of meth daily, nothing in between. No other stimulants (coffee etc.) in the middle. I drink plenty of water when I'm taking meth (about 3-4 liters at least).

And yeah, I will surely take breaks from meth periodically.
No, the vitamin C will not help you excrete methamphetamine any. Your stomach acid is probably 100 to 500 times more acidic than vitamin C.

Vitamin C has been shown in laboratory animals to ameliorate or even prevent neurotoxicity caused by methamphetamine. With the small doses you're taking, it would completely prevent any possible neurotoxicity.

No, the vitamin C will not help you excrete methamphetamine any. Your stomach acid is probably 100 to 500 times more acidic than vitamin C.

Vitamin C has been shown in laboratory animals to ameliorate or even prevent neurotoxicity caused by methamphetamine. With the small doses you're taking, it would completely prevent any possible neurotoxicity.
Oh, I see. How can I expedite methamphetamine excretion in the afternoon? Is there any way I could do that? Any advice relating to that?

Same. I know Vyvanse is very expensive if you don't have insurance, but it's worth it IMO. I haven't been able to take Adderall responsibly in the past, and the effects seemed to come on/wear off too quickly, leaving me feeling like shit and unable to focus. Vyvanse, on the other hand, gives me all-day relief from ADHD symptoms, I eat and sleep more regularly while on it, and I've never had the compulsion to take more than my prescribed dose (currently on 40mg/daily, 20mg in the AM and 20mg early afternoon).
Actually, my university health insurance covers most ADHD pills (Adderall, Dexedrine, etc.), including Vyvanse (most people I talked to seem to like Vyvanse as well). But the cost of ADHD assessment is too high in Toronto in virtually every clinic (approx. $2000 - $4000 CAD); even then, there's no certainty that I'll be prescribed a pill after the assessment. My issue is finding a doc would write me a script for ADHD meds in Toronto (that's the main reason I'm self-medicating with therapeutic doses of meth right now). I will probably have to rely on meth for like 1 - 2 years until I graduate and get a job and could able to afford the cost of the assessment (assuming I can't get a script or a legit pharma source for Adderall/Vyvanse through a friend or someone).

Last edited:
Oh, I see. How can I expedite methamphetamine excretion in the afternoon? Is there any way I could do that? Any advice relating to that?

Not really. Nothing is going to consistently reduce your urinary pH to such a degree that you're going to excrete enough methamphetamine for it to be useful. Methamphetamine has an elimination half-life of 9 to 15 hours. You are just going to have to deal with it.

The only things that consistently reduce your urinary pH to the degree necessary are not going to be particularly healthy for you.

Actually, my university health insurance covers most ADHD pills (Adderall, Dexedrine, etc.), including Vyvanse (most people I talked to seem to like Vyvanse as well). But the cost of ADHD assessment is too high in Toronto in virtually every clinic (approx. $2000 - $4000 CAD); even then, there's no certainty that I'll be prescribed a pill after the assessment. My issue is finding a doc would write me a script for ADHD meds in Toronto (that's the main reason I'm self-medicating with therapeutic doses of meth right now). I will probably have to rely on meth for like 1 - 2 years until I graduate and get a job and could able to afford the cost of the assessment (assuming I can't get a script or a legit pharma source for Adderall/Vyvanse through a friend or someone).
Sorry I must have misunderstood, that is a wild price for an ADHD assessment! If you think you can stick to therapeutic doses of meth for an extended period, then by all means, go for it. You're definitely playing with fire, but it seems like you don't have any other viable options at the moment unfortunately.

Is it possible that there are any social programs/grants/outreach programs that would help with or cover the cost of the assessment?

Like I said. In order for me to have all the benefits I have I had to go into kinda like a community mental health ran by the Government themselves or the State I mean. They got the ball rolling however I deal with at least 5 different DSM 5 diagnosis. ADD was the last one I was going to deal with. I ran from asking for stimulants out of fear I would relapse on meth. If you're given the right dosage everything is fine. Meth and Adderall which next month their switching me to Vyvanse because Adderall I guess there just trying to do away with. They are two totally different beasts. I was in a TBone accident about five month ago. I did relapse on meth because they wouldn't give me anything 4 pain so I did what I had to do for pain relief. 18 yrs of sobriety with a month not included cuz it was a pocket where I did until I told the plug to cut me off and he did. He still won't sell to me which I'm thankful. Anyways they are two totally different beasts all together. Given your circumstances I'm terribly sorry you in this predicament. The meth usage tho you can never tell how pure it is. Or what it's cut with. Even off vendors. To be honest w you it breaks my heart you're going thru this cuz I know this pain very well.

Sorry I must have misunderstood, that is a wild price for an ADHD assessment! If you think you can stick to therapeutic doses of meth for an extended period, then by all means, go for it. You're definitely playing with fire, but it seems like you don't have any other viable options at the moment unfortunately.

Is it possible that there are any social programs/grants/outreach programs that would help with or cover the cost of the assessment?
I'm curious why you're saying "i'm playing with fire" though. Are you saying this because meth has serious health (heart & brain) consequences for my body in long term even in therapeutic doses? Or is it because meth is prone to abuse and addiction?

I would say both. And the fact it will potentially get outta hand where you run the risk of jail time and having a record. Our bodies where never meant to have something to help ease. Effin Satan caused the fall thus plunging the world in darkness. That's as far as I'll go with that but meth even in small dosages have major consequences. If you are the chemist and know how pure it is then yeah you've covered your bases. Other then that who knows what's out there.

I would say both. And the fact it will potentially get outta hand where you run the risk of jail time and having a record. Our bodies where never meant to have something to help ease. Effin Satan caused the fall thus plunging the world in darkness. That's as far as I'll go with that but meth even in small dosages have major consequences. If you are the chemist and know how pure it is then yeah you've covered your bases. Other then that who knows what's out there.
I buy my meth from a reputable darknet vendor, and I test every batch I buy with https://getyourdrugstested.com/ to make sure it's pure. So let's ignore the purity and what it's cut with part for now. Not just meth, I test other drugs I use to buy as well. I never consume something that I haven't tested.

Just a heads up about the resveratrol, it's got basically zero oral bioavailability. Humans evolved to really shred up flavinoids because we consume so many plants and our liver does a wonderful job even during the first pass.

If you are getting insomnia you can either take less or take it earlier or some combination of the both.

Also it is better to start working in medication holidays such as weekends where you don't dose sooner rather than later, both to try and head off tolerance but also to have some sober days so you can assess your relationship to the drug.