• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Modafinil

I'm actually considering dropping my Concerta script for this stuff. I've been on Ritalin and Concerta now for 2 years and just can't control myself with it/them. I pick up my weeks worth in divided times. Fri and Tuesday. I'm prescribed 108mg/ day and I end up every damn week using 3 days worth in 2 days or 4 days in 2 days. Days off I just plod around watching DVD's being miserable and eating.
Problem with drugs like these is that if I come clean with psych and take Concerta off the table to try say Modafinal... Once it's off the table it's off the fucking table forever regardless if I'm instigating the switch for the healthier option. Been down this road before with benzos. Dr says sure, we'll reduce your diaz progressively if you want and if you go down but need to slightly back up again... No problem. This is not what happened and I got fucked by dropping down from 20mg - 15 and then to 10mg where I said I need to go back up to say... 12mg. No go. I was amazed. I wanted 2mg more...

I've trialed Modafinal for 5 days and it was all I really need. No high, no redose compulsions and no synergy with booze...

Just up and at them like a normal day should be.

This is a good drug for what it's designed for. End rant

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with Modafinil for studying/long night shifts?

Thanks for any help, it's greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been using it's predecessor Adrafinil which is meant to metabolize into modafinil. It is useful for the things you are talking about but you can definitely get a tolerance to it. I took about 600mg yesterday afternoon and while it had some effects I still became sleepy by bed time and had no trouble falling asleep. I only take it one or two times a week and I think recommended dose is 200 to 400mgs. It is a short term solution if you need it.

Shift work is always going to fuck with you no matter how many stims or sleepers you have on hand.

I take modafinil for fibromyalgia related fatigue. I'm prescribed it by a doctor and get it from a regular chemist, but it's not on the PBS for my condition so it's expensive.

It has no real recreational value and doesn't improve my concentration or memory, but it does alleviate my fatigue enough for me to work a full time job.

I don't take it on weekends (just days that I'm working) and there's no real "hangover" - I'm very fatigued on days I don't take it, but I think that's just my fibro rather than a hangover from the medication.