• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Modafinil with MDMA

ktmkrazy

Greenlighter
hi guys im new to the forum so apologize if ive done anything wrong! basically im going to a 12 hour rave on halloween with about 3 hours travelling there and the same back. i havent taken MDMA for around 8 months but was a frequent roller beforehand and i found that every time i rolled i would get a very floored effect and be sleepy no matter what dosage which is no good for dancing! now im wondering if taking modafinil before the MDMA will make a more energetic roll or if it will just kill my roll? ive read that the modafinil will lead to MDA like effects and ive heard that MDA is better for dancing and energy than MDMA but ive only read this once so im a bit uncertain and just need a bit more info! whats your opinion or do you have experience with this combo?

Modafinil is (at least in part) a dopamine reuptake inhibitor, a bit like cocaine. It's not clear to me how it might interact with MDMA; it might make the experience stronger, it might actually interfere with it a little.

There isn't major metabolic overlap between the two drugs (you'll still be able to break down MDMA more or less normally while on modafinil), so that's one positive in terms of safety.

Overall I would say 'not obviously dangerous, but dose cautiously and see how things go.'

I definitely wouldn't recommend this combo. Modafinil does a damn good job keeping you awake for 20 hours alone so I'd imagine when combined with another stimulant, like MDMA, you'd be in for at least 2 days of no sleep. Not to mention modafinil isn't exactly recreational in my experiences. Personally I just go for caffeine, usually red bulls, for the energy boost. 2-3 redbulls over the course of a rave can really add to the energy and euphoria of MDMA without adding any significant side-effects in my experiences. Another option is a small amount of regular amphetamine if you can get your hands on it but I've never tried this and it could be another sleep killer.