• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Modafinil (Provigil) tolerance (how to make it work again)

90sdance

Bluelighter
Very interesting drug that i was prescribed for some time, until i stopped as it no longer worked.

Modafinil is really an incredible substance in that it allows you total control over your mind/body. It disables entirely what Scientologists refer to as ''the reactive mind'' the subconscious background mechanisms that prohibit you from doing whatever you set your mind to instantly. It abolishes procrastination and opens up seemingly infinite potential for action, learning - any human activity. It does this without giving the body any kind of amphetamine like energy boost. Rather than give the body some kind of energy to break through barriers Modafinil seems to merely switch off the part of the brain that creates the barriers to begin with. It is in this sense not a stimulant, it does not feel like a stimulant - it feels much cleaner. It is also stronger than any amphetamine despite lacking brute force. It also has markedly few side effects. It is not physically addictive and can be stopped instantly with virtually no withdrawal symptoms.

The problem is the rapid tolerance, and the loss of the original ability it imbues in users. Also while it does work the tradeoff for total control over executive function is the inhibition of emotion. It creates emotional bluntness, so no matter what you decide to do or achieve - you will not appreciate it on an emotional level. The kind of enjoyment you get from doing any task no longer exists. I believe this is connected to exactly how it gives its desirable features. Through moving emotion and its links to memory down to a baseline, action with no procrastination becomes possible. Movement on command with no unwanted considerations. What i would like to know is if it is possible to regain Modafinils original effect, through increased dose or supplementation. I would also like to know if there are any other drugs with a similar effect ? (true similarity and effectiveness re eradication of procrastination).

Last edited:
When it works it works brilliant but tolerance builds slowly I thought - maybe I was wrong but haven’t touched it until today as don’t have much left.

Switch to betaphenylethlalamine (B-PEA )for a month or two, then modinafil will work again.

If you cant find B-PEA in the meantime ephedrine HCL will work but requires multiple doses daily and definitely is NOT as clean feeling as B-PEA or modinifil

If you cant find B-PEA in the meantime ephedrine HCL will work but requires multiple doses daily and definitely is NOT as clean feeling as B-PEA or modinifil
ephedrine ? found in bitter orange used in chinese medicine ? i think its highly constrictive re vascular ?

Your thinking of ma haung. Yes used in chinese medicine as an expectorant mainly and for depression/lethargy/OCD etc.

Ephedrine HCL is the substance synthesized .

The chinese medicine has MANY ephedrine alkaloids and has very unpredictable effects good and bad.

Also I should add it is vaso constrictive, but only in high doses.

The best way to medically dose ephedrine hcl is low dose with multiple doses daily.

will BEPA interact with venefalaxin 150mg ? bepa sound very interesting btw, anything like mdma ?

Not sure about modafinil specifically, but the best way to reduce tolerance to other stims is either magnesium, or NMDA antagonists.

Including dxm but that would have the potential for negative interaction with your venlafaxine.

will BEPA interact with venefalaxin 150mg ? bepa sound very interesting btw, anything like mdma ?
B-PEA?

No, not in any negative sense.

B-PEA is and odd compound. It acts like a mix of cocaine(low dose), Adderall and modinifil.

By that I mean it has some of the properties of all of those.

Very long acting too. I'd say around 12-14 hours(ish)

It's a very enjoyable, but potent alamine

B-PEA?

No, not in any negative sense.

B-PEA is and odd compound. It acts like a mix of cocaine(low dose), Adderall and modinifil.

By that I mean it has some of the properties of all of those.

Very long acting too. I'd say around 12-14 hours(ish)

It's a very enjoyable, but potent alamine

Dont like the idea of anything akin cocaine tbh, iv seen the carnage it causes. My rule throughout my drug excapades has always been nothing overly physically addictive (and then i was prescribed this which is ironic). Modafinil was good because it wasnt addictive, and was clean. Amphetmine kind of wreaks your body in addition to being moreish.

It's not like cocaine in the way you think it is.

I'm referring mostly to stimulation, appetite suppression, euphoria and sexual stimulation.

All similar properties they share. BPEA lasts much longer, is much cleaner, waaaay cheaper and from what I gathered, didnt possess any physiological dependance.

Cocaine has those properties yes, but it's a much different compound/feeling. Cocaine is very unique that way.